It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A health care worker at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital has tested positive for Ebola

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: CardiffGiant
There are people who really do not want to come to the attention of the authorities, and Ebola patients get an awful lot of attention.

For example, what if person with a bunch of warrants out on them happens to get infected? When they first get sick they might just think it's flu and either hide out in a residence somewhere or go to a hotel. Then if they get sicker, they could quite literally die in their room.

Ebola can kill a person in just a few days.

So, it's not as far-fetched as it might first appear. I'd actually expect one of the major concerns for authorities is infected people who are hiding from the law.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
CDC throwing the nurse under the bus ...

Second Ebola Case Emerges in Dallas, Officials Fear Major Exposure

Meanwhile, a top federal health official said the health care worker's Ebola diagnosis shows there was a clear breach of safety protocol and all those who treated Thomas Eric Duncan are now considered to be potentially exposed.

In the mean time the nurse says she followed the CDC procedures.
The CDC has not stated exactly what the nurse supposedly did to break protocols.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

and not just her, but the whole team?

all those who treated Thomas Eric Duncan are now considered to be potentially exposed.

So the whole team failed to follow protocol?

surely that cannot be accurate..
edit on am1054318122014-10-12T10:54:15-05:00102014p by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

all those who treated Thomas Eric Duncan are now considered to be potentially exposed.

The claim was the nurse failed to follow protocol and in doing so exposed the rest of the team.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen

When you are first exposed and infected, you are barely contagious. After a day or two with the virus reproducing inside of you, you become more contagious. Once symptoms start, you are then very contagious. Once your body starts to succumb to the disease, you are extremely contagious, even after death.

It's like how an epidemic spreads...gradually at first, then all at once.

i guess thats the issue.
supposedly, ebola is not contagious if the person is showing no symptoms. that makes sense since nobody that had contact with duncan during his travels is sick.

i would think even if he was 'barely contagious' there would be people sick from contact with him on an enclosed, small space flying tube.
nobody is sick.

also, is there a such thing as barely contagious?
either you are contagious or you are not.....correct?

if im wrong fill me in.....i dont want to be in the dark about anything when it comes to this

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted
The claim was the nurse failed to follow protocol and in doing so exposed the rest of the team.

But at the same time, the CDC says people aren't infectious unless they are showing symptoms. So them saying the nurse exposed everyone else doesn't make sense either, does it?

The CDC is tripping itself up ... can't keep their lies straight.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop

Whether she followed protocols or not is no longer a concern for the rest of the team. However she was exposed means that at some point she became contagious. The team, including this nurse, spent hours together at the hospital, likely sharing boxes of bagels.

In short, if protocols were not followed they should be worried.
If protocols WERE followed, they should be VERY worried.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I don't understand either. How can you have it in your body and not be contagious? Is it that there just aren't enough of the beasties?
edit on 10/12/2014 by Restricted because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I read in another post on here related to ebola that someone knew a nurse that worked at a nearby hospital and she suddenly learned something at her hospital that urged her to pack her bags, quit her job, and leave town and self quarantine her family. Said a few others her hospital did the same thing. Also said that workers at her hospital also work at the infected hospital and sometimes work at one, dont change scrubs and go to work at the other.

So if a nurse who is used to being around disease is so freaked out that she takes off what does that say about this situation?

Louise Troh is a no where to be found and aside from family friend reporting a few days ago who knows what happened to them? Strangely no one in the news seems to be asking!

Seems like in the USA the r factor is likely to be much higher then r-2.

Lastly what happens when the flights keep coming and higher percentge of the hot zone in africa are mixed in here and there.

One person from africa has already potentially cost atleast one american their life!

The only positive I have seen which heresy at this point is that atleast Dallas has had a much better response to the infected apartment, vehichles, and common area's.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: CardiffGiant
either you are contagious or you are not.....correct?

No. A patient becomes more infectious as the disease spreads throughout the body. It's not like getting pregnant where either you are, or are not.

link   

Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas said a close contact of the health care worker has already proactively been put into isolation at the hospital. The 24-bed Intensive Care Unit at the hospital is being used as an isolation unit.

This is vague and glossed over but does this mean a possible 3rd person? Could it be a boyfriend of the nurse or ? Any thoughts?
link

link   
The CDC must be desperate if they're playing the blame game. As an aside, in Spain, a physician who treated the Ebola-stricken priest was criticized for being "too tall."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
There are people who really do not want to come to the attention of the authorities, and Ebola patients get an awful lot of attention.

For example, what if person with a bunch of warrants out on them happens to get infected? When they first get sick they might just think it's flu and either hide out in a residence somewhere or go to a hotel. Then if they get sicker, they could quite literally die in their room.

Ebola can kill a person in just a few days.

So, it's not as far-fetched as it might first appear. I'd actually expect one of the major concerns for authorities is infected people who are hiding from the law.

i get what youre saying.
i can see them not wanting to come under the attention of authorities or anyone else....i think that would be easy to do when they are not very sick and think it might be just the flu.
even as fast as ebola can kill i would think a sick person would realize its not the flu and try/cry for help.
----------------------------

Symptoms start two days to three weeks after contracting the virus, with a fever, sore throat, muscle pain and headaches. Typically, vomiting, diarrhea and rash follow, along with decreased function of the liver and kidneys. Around this time, affected people may begin to bleed both within the body and externally

-----------------------------------

i would think when the violent up chucking and ass spraying(and possible rash) starts they'd be realizing its not the flu and do anything they can to get help. damn the authorities.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Honestly - the level of cognitive dissonance this is creating in my mind is nerve-wracking.

On the one hand I don't want to be declared a crazy nutter, snickered at for asking tough questions and trying to situate my family to best manage/survive the worst case scenario.

On the other hand, every thing about this seems hinky to me, poorly managed and spiraling out of control.

If I bug out, what are the real life implications? If I play it safe but I'm wrong does it cost loss of income/employment? Should that even be a consideration when we are talking about a potential outbreak with a 60 to 90 percent death rate?

I have been through numerous hurricanes..one need only look at Katrina to see the fallout when it goes horribly wrong...and that is a crisis that is predictable, sweeps through, then leaves. Ebola, not so much.

edit on 10/12/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: drwill
a reply to: Snarl

These dumbasses are gonna get us all killed. They have absolutely no idea how this second 'victim' became infected. They have no concept of pathogen control protocols. They did what they are good at: Drone on and on while they get nothing done.

ITA.
This is what happens when a Superpower gets caught with its pants down imho.

Ebola was coming. Historical threads on ATS show that the drums were banging--here, but nowhere in our collective governments.
It's not like the CDC hasn't had ample time to study the virus. They fiddled while Ebola burned.

Friedan needs to get off his ass. He needs to 'order' the healthcare system to refuse hospital admittance to anyone presenting with symptoms of a Class IV infection. This can't be controlled in a Class II facility. He should be tried in court for even suggesting this was within protocol. It was an act of utter incompetence.

The only way to stop this menace is to isolate victims from human traffic flow. You'll need volunteers to staff remote facilities for this. And, you're exactly right. No one is ready for this ... physically or mentally. For that, Obama should be held to blame. He can't dodge his own ineptitude and lack of action.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Restricted

I don't understand either. How can you have it in your body and not be contagious? Is it that there just aren't enough of the beasties?

i cant answer that with facts. im not a virologist or any other type of doctor.

how can tuberculosis only be contagious some of the time?
i dont know the reason(s)...i just know thats the case

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
There goes the 'zero chance' of it spreading . All the precautions and protocols failed ... Now they have to cast a net around this person and monitor all that were in contact with the health care worker. It gets bigger and bigger ..

The more and more I'm sitting back and taking all of this in; The more I am beginning to realize this is a planned bio attack on the human population of the USA, and the rest of the world.

How much does everyone want to bet that the select few, at the top, already have their vaccinations?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Applause. Katrina. We like to think we're on top of things as a nation, but clearly we're not.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
You know they have been going about their daily life. But remember big brother said it cant be caught unless you already have the symptoms? Yeah I have come to a conclusion long ago that if the Gov say one thing think of a Wost Case and there is your answer. quarintine is to late it will only mitigate the problem, its up to us a a people to kill it off. a reply to: Shana91aus

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack

On the other hand, every thing about this seems hinky to me, poorly managed and spiraling out of control.

If I bug out, what are the real life implications? If I play it safe but I'm wrong does it cost loss of income/employment? Should that even be a consideration when we are talking about a potential outbreak with a 60 to 90 percent death rate?

i am right with you...
they do seem to be dropping the ball left and right.

i think at this point income/bills etc all need to be a factor still. keep out lives moving forward.

i suppose we all have our own lines in the sand.

how far does 'it' go before that line is crossed and we implement operation survive ebola?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join