It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberia: 41 UN staffers under Ebola observation, including 20 military personnel

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

AP Oct. 11, 2014 11:54 AM

MONROVIA, Liberia (AP) — Liberia's United Nations peacekeeping mission has placed 41 staff members, including 20 military personnel, under "close medical observation" after an international member of its medical team was diagnosed with Ebola this week — the second mission member to test positive for the deadly disease.

www.utsandiego.com...

So, despite the extreme precautions taken, including by military personnel, this thing keeps spreading and spreading...

Mod Note: Please use proper tags for quoting external sources - Thanks

edit on 11-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/11/2014 by kosmicjack because: added ex tags and mod note

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
But Obama said it's not that easy to transfer so why would anyone worry?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Know when I get really concerned? Anytime a white male in a lab coat says (while sweating profusely), "EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL."

Seen that alot lately, in regard to this Ebola outbreak. NOT reassuring, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I bet this thing has mutated and gone airbourne.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Whats going to happen when there is nobody left to put others in isolation?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaAgent

Could be, or could be it is being spread via unsuspected contaminated surfaces. Doorknobs, stair rails, bathroom faucets...The possibilities are simply endless, it would seem. Of course, the CDC in the US is downplaying this confirmed mode of viral transportation. The WHO was a tad more forthright about this clinically proven possibility.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Won't matter. If there's nobody left, there'll be nobody to put away! In all seriousness, such a total decimation of the world's population is unlikely, but at this point, given all we still don't know about this particular strain of Ebola, more should be done to keep it from spreading internationally, as I have stated on other threads.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

How?

I assume you either know something that no one else does, or you actually have no idea at all about how viruses work..?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Won't matter. If there's nobody left, there'll be nobody to put away!

I meant more along the lines of the breakdown of the system to prevent the further spread of the virus. When all the health workers are either infected or in quarantine there is no health system left to stop it.

Thats the problem with "containment". The place that is protecting people from a wider spread is always under direct assault from infected people that go there for help.

But it won't matter anyway as long as the airlines refuse to cut off flights from infected countries and respective governments keep brining victims home.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ahhhh, gotcha! Your concern regarding hospital aid is tragically illustrated in the West African countries currently affected. And, I have stated in previous posts that I believe we should have banned flights to infected countries months ago, except for health / humanitarian aid.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

Could be, or could be it is being spread via unsuspected contaminated surfaces. Doorknobs, stair rails, bathroom faucets...The possibilities are simply endless, it would seem. Of course, the CDC in the US is downplaying this confirmed mode of viral transportation. The WHO was a tad more forthright about this clinically proven possibility.

Airbourne, not aibourne, direct contact, non direct contact, asymptomatic, symptomatic. At this point, WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE (appropriate now?)? We know CDC doesn't know a heck of a lot and WHO not much more. We know it's damn contagious and no one is safe. At this point, people need to make up their own minds based on what has happened, not only by what we've been told. After all, we are the DENY IGNORANCE people!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
But Obama said it's not that easy to transfer so why would anyone worry?

Only on ATS can Ebola suddenly become an Obama Issue.

*grow up*

I'm wondering when this is going to hit china, or India

then, we will see the numbers rise dramatically!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I agree. And, for me, it is not "if" it hits China, and other countries with tightly populated urban areas (e.g., Japan, Europe, and Russia). It's a matter of "when". Already happened in the US (Dallas).

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I don't understand how these "experts" have been caught in the whirlwind of disease spreading.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
Yes, we each must take responsibility, do the research, and decide for ourselves. I won't be doing any international travel anytime soon. Fortunately, I live in a rural area and can easily isolate myself, if it begins to spread in the US. But most won't have any clue as to what is actually going on, and they will not be prepared. That's when panic can set in, and panic is also highly destructive and contagious ..

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: JoeDaShom

This is what I find most disturbing. Never before in an Ebola outbreak have so many experienced doctors, nurses, and other health aid workers caught the virus, and many of these people have died. Why?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoeDaShom
I don't understand how these "experts" have been caught in the whirlwind of disease spreading.

The concern being that if one of them at that facility caught it others may have. too. They shut that door with a quickness to make sure the virus does not spread to other health workers. The only way to be sure is to quarantine everyone there for 21 days plus find out how the worker became infected.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
...EBOLA is hoax!
... and smells by money and greed.
... IT IS STILL THE PEOPLE REAL DANGER FOR THE PEOPLE... NOT EBOLA.
awake up

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Brave souls those that line up to help stop the virus. Facing Ebola directly is not my idea of a lengthy career.

Hats off.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   

about how viruses work..?

originally posted by: AlphaHawk

How?

they do like You...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join