It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Bynes Marijuana and Schizophrenia

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   
With all of the pro pot propaganda in today's world I figured I'd post something to contrary. Seems as though Amanda Bynes may be a victim of schizophrenia. She was arrested a couple of years ago for marijuana possession. There has been proven links between marijuana use and schizophrenia. There have been studies that show marijuana smokers are 600x more likely to develop schizophrenia then those that don't smoke.

Amanda recently accused her father of molesting her then recanted and said he put a microchip in her head to make her say it. I have schizophrenia myself and I'm a firm believer that marijuana contributed to me getting this illness. I displayed the same behavior when I was coming down with schizophrenia.

Heres the article from the Amanda Bynes story. Sorry I don't know how to insert quotes into my topic.

celebrity.yahoo.com...

Heres another reference to the article about marijuana use and it's link with schizophrenia.

www.schizophrenia.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Well, that would explain my mom and all her buddies. There is a reason I would never go near the stuff even though it was offered to me as a teen on a daily basis. Drug induced paranoia is very scary from a child's perspective when one sees those behaviors in a a parent. (I use the term parent quite loosely)
edit on 11-10-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Or she's truly a victim of mind control. The technology exists. I won't get into the reasons why a "celebrity" which is essentially a drone paid to wear makeup and recite text would be implanted. But the trick is it's "unbelievable" so you can get away with anything if you associate certain subjects with "unbelievable" in the media.

As for the marijuana link, tobacco is more dangerous as is sugar, alcohol, salt, pharmaceuticals, left v right politics. How America sat back and allowed reefer madness to continue I have no idea.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: wantsome

Isn't one of the side effects of marijuana acute paranoia? I'm sure that doesn't help a bit with schizophrenia. I'm not going to say her pot usage caused it but, it more than likely exacerbated her symptoms.

As a side note, I'm neither for marijuana or against it. My father used it every day of his life and he was perfectly fine. It's never really been my thing though.

I do however, believe that the choice to use or not should be up to the individual, not the government.
edit on 10-10-2014 by U4ea82 because: afterthought

+48 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Actually no.. It's 2x as likely that someone who smoke marijuana will have schizophrenia than regular population. However People with Schizophrenia are more likely to smoke marijuana and in heavier doses..

I think the link goes the other way. You have to be predisposed to the disorder, not the other way around.

LA Times

Medical science has taken the question seriously, however, and found a strong link between schizophrenia symptoms and cannabis use in many large-scale, peer-reviewed studies. Data from four such studies suggest that cannabis use doubles the likelihood of developing a psychotic illness later in life.

But a few small studies have flipped the direction of causation, suggesting that a genetic predisposition to schizophrenia (a disease marked by psychotic episodes such as hallucination) is itself a risk factor for smoking pot. That might explain why pot use is perennially high (pardon the pun) among those diagnosed with schizophrenia.

A European research team led by Kings College, London, suggests that at least part of the reason why schizophrenic symptoms and pot smoking overlap may lie in shared genetic markers. Their study was published online Tuesday in the journal Molecular Psychiatry.

Researchers studied 2,082 people, about 49% of whom reported having smoked pot. They analyzed the participants’ genome, looking for known variations that have been associated with schizophrenia. They found that those with the strongest genetic profile for schizophrenia risk also were more likely to use cannabis, and to use it in greater quantities.

Remember just because two things are found with each other doesn't mean one causes the other or that they are even directly related at all.

And 600 times haha.. You're funny buddy.

edit on 10-10-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Nope.

psychcentral.com...

New research from Harvard Medical School, in a comparison between families with a history of schizophrenia and those without, finds little support for marijuana use as a cause of schizophrenia.

Weed doesnt cause schizophrenia. I like, though, that you admit your post is heavily biased.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: captaintyinknots

Wasn't he the guy who can't legally buy a gun because hes diagnosed?
I think excuses are being looked for.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

I think most people with mental illness do look for a reason. It's only natural to want to find out the cause of something that affects your life so profoundly.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
It say in the article that people who have a family history of mental illness are likely to develop schizophrenia.

Professor John Henry, clinical toxicologist at Imperial College London said research has shown that people with a certain genetic makeup who use the drug face a ten times (1000%) higher risk of schizophrenia. (for example - if your risk of schizophrenia was 6% (due to a family history of mental illness) prior to taking cannabis, it could be 60% -- or more likely than not - after taking cannabis). Every person is different (i.e. has different genes and different environments) - so this "10 Times Higher Risk with cannabis use"- is just a generalization, and it may or may not apply to a given person. The increased risk applies to people who inherit variants of a gene named COMT and who smoked cannabis as teenagers. About a quarter of the population have this genetic make-up and up to 15 per cent of the group are likely to develop psychotic conditions if exposed to the drug early in life. Neither the drug nor the gene raises the risk of psychosis by itself.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

She's a has been that can't accept it and she refuses to move on, typical entitlement minded brat.

As the 600x more likely to cause schizophrenia that's just a bunch of B.S that the government uses to scare people.

Blame bad wiring not some plant.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm sure the LA Times has no political agenda in legalization now do they? I'll take schizophrenia.com word for it over some biased media outlet.
edit on 10-10-2014 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
If schizophrenia is the concern, maybe we should focus on bigger and more pervasive problems:

NIH

Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is the most common co-occurring disorder in people with schizophrenia. Both biological factors and psychosocial factors are thought to contribute to this co-occurrence. Schizophrenia patients with AUD are more likely to have social, legal, and medical problems, compared with other people with schizophrenia. AUD also complicates the course and treatment of schizophrenia.

I'm not even going to bother regurgitating the whole "well, alcohol is legal and..." argument. You get the drift.

The hypocrisy is, as usual, simply astounding.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So in reality who paid who and who's behind this article? Obviously TPTB. For reasons of spreading disinfo once again about weed. It's obvious this is propaganda. They're so desperate to continue profiting off the drug trade/war they'll say anything.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

What causes schizophrenia?

It's not known what causes schizophrenia, but researchers believe that a combination of genetics and environment contributes to development of the disorder.

www.mayoclinic.org...

Pretty much says they don't really know.

+8 more 
link   
Nah - Google "Dan Schneider Amanda Bynes " there is no doubt she was molested as a child or underage probably by this dude Dan Schneider a major major Nickelodeon Producer along with other child stars....including that other girl that is going off the rails Jennette McCurdy.

But Amanda Bynes is just the tip of the iceburg - was going to post a Nick/Disney post tonight but there is a freaky story that needs to be told but to tired tonight .

Has little to nothing to do with pot and i don't smoke pot & a lot more to do with underage sex, drugs etc and these kids just break in their early 20's cause they have been exposed to so much crap at 9. 10 12. 14 ..but will do it tomorrow.

It's crazy what ive been reading.

link   

originally posted by: wantsome

I'm sure the LA Times has no political agenda in legalization now do they? I'll take schizophrenia.com word for it over some biased media outlet.

Those are all studies linked and discussed in the article. You can do research. Sources are real unlike your crazy 600X number.

Molecular Psychiatry , (24 June 2014)

Cannabis is the most commonly used illicit drug worldwide. With debate surrounding the legalization and control of use, investigating its health risks has become a pressing area of research. One established association is that between cannabis use and schizophrenia, a debilitating psychiatric disorder affecting ~1% of the population over their lifetime. Although considerable evidence implicates cannabis use as a component cause of schizophrenia, it remains unclear whether this is entirely due to cannabis directly raising risk of psychosis, or whether the same genes that increases psychosis risk may also increase risk of cannabis use.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: U4ea82

I think most people with mental illness do look for a reason. It's only natural to want to find out the cause of something that affects your life so profoundly.

That is what I said. This thread has a Natural Motive. I passed no judgement on that fact.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:02 AM
link   
it is more likely that "the dreaded weed" is a vessel that helps people see through the reality of human ownership....

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: U4ea82

That is what I said. This thread has a Natural Motive. I passed no judgement on that fact.
I know what exactly how my illness came about unfortunately I can't go into detail without getting modded because it involves me describing my experience using the drug.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

edit on 11-10-2014 by thesaneone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join