It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amanda Bynes Marijuana and Schizophrenia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

You and the OP have offered nothing. No proof of anything except what you believe happened. Where's any paperwork from a doctor that says pot caused you to be schizophrenic? Where is ANY proof, whatsoever, other than stories that you have no way to prove?

I can say I've been the drummer for Rush for the last forty years. Doesn't make it true. I could also BELIEVE that and that does not make it any more true, just makes me insane. I'm sure you are a expert doctor/psychologist so you know the ONLY reason those around you(many times, or so you said) are going schizo is because of pot and only pot.

No, I'm not delusional. Pretty sad how the only reply you could come up with is a ridiculous insult.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Why isn't ATS full of threads about the dangers of alcohol and tabaco every day. These things are stone cold killers, no doubt about it, yet they are both seen as a a cause for jokes around ats. It's deemed funny and cool to post while you've had a skinful of poison. Yet there are never any threads on the dangers of these 2 world wide killers. Responsible for more deaths than almost any other thing discussed on ats. There's even a beer glass to celebrate the wonders of this world wide slaughterer of millions around the globe. I'm not against beer or tabaco but after what I've been throughI wouldn't touch either again if I can help it. People love these two drugs and never fear about the consequences, yet they are scared to death of Isis and Ebola,isn't that a bit weird?
We have threads, asking members how they are prepared for Isis and Ebola, but none about people's preparedness for lung cancer, stroke, heart attack.

edit on 11-10-2014 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
OP, I don't know your background (and I'm too tired to follow the thread carefully regarding Amanda Bynes), however I get what you say regarding a schizophrenia and pot connection. While people dissing you have some good points, like it is high time governments get over the legal nonsense and let those it works for use it in peace, I instinctively feel you are right.

To any of the pro-pot folk... you deserve to decide what you put into your body as I'm all for personal governance and less legislation. After all it is just a plant.

That said, I am utterly terrified of getting accidentally high on pot, via baked goods say or enclosed smoky spaces, because I become a dissociated mess, for lack of better words, at the tiniest consumption levels. I am not schizophrenic but perhaps I could be with this as a trigger. I know mountains of users who are just fine but every now and then someone describes their effects to me and its exactly how I experience it. It warrants mature discussion regardless of scientific finding because the psyche has not been mapped yet.

Don't let people get to you no matter which side of the fence you are on.

Maybe you being "utterly terrified of getting accidentally high" is what's causing you to become a dissociated mess. If you worry so much about marijuana negatively affecting you, it will.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Why isn't ATS full of threads about the dangers of alcohol and tabaco every day. These things are stone cold killers, no doubt about it, yet they are both seen as a a cause for jokes around ats. It's deemed funny and cool to post while you've had a skinful of poison. Yet there are never any threads on the dangers of these 2 world wide killers. Responsible for more deaths than almost any other thing discussed on ats. There's even a beer glass to celebrate the wonders of this world wide slaughterer of millions around the globe. I'm not against beer or tabaco but after what I've been throughI wouldn't touch either again if I can help it. People love these two drugs and never fear about the consequences, yet they are scared to death of Isis and Ebola,isn't that a bit weird?
We have threads, asking members how they are prepared for Isis and Ebola, but none about people's preparedness for lung cancer, stroke, heart attack.

that is because the conditioning runs really deep....ATS is a great place to exchange ideas with like minded folk...but as far as being aware...very few are.....i too am conditioned....i am learning how to fight it but it is an uphill battle....
edit on 11-10-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Maybe people with schizophrenia are just more likely to self medicate than people without the mental disorder?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Babybull... as I don't follow recent celebs I had no idea about this. It doesn't surprise me though. I don't doubt the rumors.

wth... even with the 1st lady he's all touchy:
img.4plebs.org...

She looks terrified... just like every other female that's ever in a pic with him.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CallYourBluff

It's years since I have smoked it and I no longer have issues with paranoia unless i'm going through alcohol withdrawal.

So, you drink enough alcohol to experience withdrawal symptoms yet pin your paranoia on cannabis?

.....I think someone else linked sources showing a correlation between alcohol and paranoia/schizophrenic tendencies so I won't bother dragging up any more.

Your replies say you haven't took all the potential factors into consideration, and instead have just pegged cannabis as the culprit.

a reply to: wantsome

As others have said, cannabis doesn't cause schizophrenia....but it can very well exacerbate symptoms and induce paranoia in some. Usually it is the strain. Sativas are more likely to induce a bit of paranoia than indica strains, though neither has been proven to actually cause schizophrenia and in my personal experience....I used to know a guy that was schizophrenic that would HIGHLY disagree with you. About the only time the guy was "normal" was when he was blazed out......

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
.. HOLD ON!!, wait... whoa. You typed the perils of cannabis while drunk? Although My day is half done, I'll wager unless I hit a good comedy club or something out of the norm strikes My ulna, I won't experience anything funnier than that. That deserves Me typing out per the 'hunt & peck' method that I'm actually laughing out loud and for that I thank You..

"Yes" the grass did it. Now take out Your Sharpie™ and cross out the part of the bumper sticker that reads "grass".. Does it now read "Ass, gas or ---- , nobody rides for free" ? Phew.. Thank Goodness thats over, what is the next item on the list? You are reading the list of things to blame for what You perceive as "ill at ease" or Your 'ease' has been 'dissed' causing a 'dis-ease'. What if there is nothing 'wrong' with You? Was the initial diagnosis confirmed by another licensed physician?

Now My sides hurt from laughing.. So what is the root cause of My side experiencing dis-comfort? Isn't it cannabis? Although it is only 0900 hrs. I'm sure it is 1700 hrs. somewhere...

I'd type that You are FINE, "right as rain" and whomever diagnosed You was either "on pot" or worse was under the influence of either a prescription narcotic and/or alcohol, but I'd certainly attribute it to a natural plant that has been around since The Beginning, back when Adam was still married to Lilith and has still NOT killed anyOne...

namaste

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BABYBULL24

Guten Morgen- Firstly, I have to ask... Are You a Orlando Cepeda fan? One of His nicknames was "Baby Bull" or Cha Cha...

During My employ as a cop in Ca. in which I dealt with numerous folks dealing with this subject matter, after 100s of hours of interviews with (V)-ictims (W)-itnesses and (S)-uspects I found a great majority of the 'predators' were abused as children and swore they would never do such a deed..

That guy in the pic has a striking resemblance to 'Pedo Bear' Probably a 'cast off' from a Disney™-like animation house that also knows this truly "dirty" secret...

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Pros out weigh the cons. This debate is so over. The negative effects of marijuana usage are no different than alcohol or tobacco. It should be legal. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Good find Buster up:

If i touch the stuff it makes me really depressed and lazy and slightly paranoid the total opposite of what i am like normally , then add in the fact it is as expensive as gold here in the U,K

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Marijuana can't GIVE you schizophrenia; if you have dormant schizophrenia, however, marijuana use, as with the use of many other drugs, especially hallucinogens, can trigger it.

People don't just "get" schizophrenia, they are effectively born with it in but don't really see signs of it until they are around 17-18 years of age. Yes, there has been a link between weed and the trigger of schizophrenia, but weed is not the "cause" of schizophrenia, it's more like a trigger for it.

Shouldn't you at least do your research before damning a plant?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Its not the pot that causes schiz, if so then anyone would get it. I have met schi z people where weed calms and quiets voices, and also why do some pharm drugs cause voices?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Why isn't ATS full of threads about the dangers of alcohol and tabaco every day. These things are stone cold killers, no doubt about it, yet they are both seen as a a cause for jokes around ats.

That's what I'm saying!

Alcohol is the worst of them all and that stuff is legal. It's the only "drug" that can kill someone going through withdrawals. Plus, when has a weed smoker ever hit "rock bottom?"

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
It's been awhile since I followed the protocols for commenting and linking (much more stringent than in 2004) but I have a few thoughts here:

1) Re: Schizophrenia comments - People that have Bi-Polar disorder and go manic are in essence schizophrenic for a time. We may often see her Twitter rants and behavior during manic periods that present as schizophrenic...but doesn't necessarily mean she is a schizophrenic.

2) The tie to underage stardom cannot be overlooked. For those questioning pedophelia in the entertainment industry, simply look at:
a) Jimmy Saville related posts
b) Wade Robson (one of dozens to accuse Michael Jackson...and be hushed up or glossed over by parents and agents)
c) Lou Pearlman and his boy bands
d) Tatum O'Neal

3) All that said...I am not saying Amanda's father did a damn thing to her. I don't know him, her, anything about it. I'm not implicating the parent here.

I just think there is credence to the dangers posed by underage involvement in the entertainment industry and that the industry could in fact rewire the mind or prevent natural maturity on the proper age continuum that could cause future mental illness or issues.

FYI, I tried to provide links for my A through D items above but the post was flagged as an external source who has lied about ATS so I cannot link to them.
edit on 11-10-2014 by Losonczy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Think that bad, you should see the third eye.

edit on 11-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

Besides it heavily depends on the strain that being smoked. I can't remember which effects belong to which strain, indica or sativa .
One give off the head high, which is incredibly common these days, while the other one give more of body buzz, an hardly does anything to the mind.

Rastas usually smoke it, and they smoke alot of it when they do. Sess is rare to find, compared to the other strain which is incredibly common on the streets.
edit on 11-10-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You ever think maybe marijuana as a drug kept you sane and now the lack there of is the issue?

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
With all of the pro pot propaganda in today's world I figured I'd post something to contrary. Seems as though Amanda Bynes may be a victim of schizophrenia. She was arrested a couple of years ago for marijuana possession. There has been proven links between marijuana use and schizophrenia. There have been studies that show marijuana smokers are 600x more likely to develop schizophrenia then those that don't smoke.

Amanda recently accused her father of molesting her then recanted and said he put a microchip in her head to make her say it. I have schizophrenia myself and I'm a firm believer that marijuana contributed to me getting this illness. I displayed the same behavior when I was coming down with schizophrenia.

Heres the article from the Amanda Bynes story. Sorry I don't know how to insert quotes into my topic.

celebrity.yahoo.com...

Heres another reference to the article about marijuana use and it's link with schizophrenia.

www.schizophrenia.com...

Or she could have already been suffering with mental illness and marijuana was a way of self medicating.

Believe it or not, that happens more often than you probably think

(post by Eunuchorn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join