It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Same Shirt' Judge Clay Jenkins Served With Child Protective Complaint-Ebola Exposure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Glad to see this; although it's on Breitbart and being politicized as a 'liberal democrat' thing, I think it was just him grandstanding and working from the POV of a religious generosity combined with complete trust in the parts of the 'medical community' that said Ebola was hard to catch.

Basically, he and a few staffers BROKE QUARANTINE and went into the Duncan household and spent time in the apartment with the family while trying to find them alternative housing; he then spent 45 minutes in a car with them driving them to the new location and proceeded to a news conference and bragged about how he was still wearing the same clothes he wore in the apartment and was going to wear them home to his family including his young child because 'Ebola is hard to catch'. At no point did Jenkins or his staffers wear protective equipment.

breitbart.com

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: signalfire

When this guy comes down with Ebola , I cant wait to hear that media storm......

Jesus the blatant idiocy is getting worse by the minute......even if he isnt concerned with himself, who the hell is he to put anyone else that might be around him later at risk? How the hell does he get to make that call?

Anyone seen the movie "Idiocracy" if you havent, no need , its on rerun every day in the media.......
edit on 10/8/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

If he exposed himself it would have been through contaminated surfaces inside the apartment, that's easy enough to circumvent.
The family wasn't exhibiting signs of sickness and unless cross contamination from surface, to family member, to Brietbart occured all should be well.

I don't think anyone tries to catch Ebola, he was probably being proactively professional and careful without making a fuss about it.
Though some will call his actions reckless, others will say he was being sympathetic to their situation.

Personally, I'm more worried about future travelors then this guy.
edit on 10/8/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

how is it easy enough to circumvent.......

The virus doesnt light up so you know where its at and just avoid it.......

How is this any different then Duncan knowingly exposing people to Ebola?

Other then him having it in his system..........The judge KNEW he could be exposed to it and then proceeded to grandstand, possibly exposing other people to contaminated clothing..........

Theres a reason people in Africa are burning down houses or completely vacating residences that have had people in them who have had ebola........

And here we are in America thinking that somehow through just being THE USA we arent susceptible?

Unbelievable

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

From the Breitbart site:

Jenkins said he was in the closest proximity to the family while driving them to their new luxury four-bedroom home. He them flatly stated there was “zero risk” of exposure “if they are not symptomatic.”

The family is in the first week of a twenty-one day incubation-observation period where they could possibly become symptomatic at any moment in time.

Jenkins has had frequent face-to-face contact with the family for the past couple of days. On Thursday night he stunned the Dallas press corps, who were camped out across the parking lot from Duncan’s apartment, when he walked into the apartment while not wearing any protective clothing.

On Friday, while hazmat experts were working inside the apartment wearing Tyvek bio-hazard suits, Jenkins again was seen going in and out of the apartment while not even wearing a mask or gloves.

Thomas Duncan had direct contact with a pregnant woman in Liberia who died from Ebola on the same night of his exposure. Four other people who were with him that day are now dead from that Ebola exposure. A few days later he traveled to America on two airline flights while he was not symptomatic. He became symptomatic about six or seven days after entering the U.S. This is about the same number of days the family in the apartment had been exposed when Jenkins began his direct contact with them.

The family is under a protection order from a court. The court ordered isolation to keep them from coming into contact with the general public. In was necessitated after the mother allegedly sent her children to school after being asked not to. In spite of this, Jenkins has repeatedly entered the home of this family and risked exposing himself, his co-workers and his wife and daughter to a deadly virus. Jenkins job requires him to be in contact with large numbers of people nearly every day.

I KNEW this was going to be a massive fustercluck, but I thought most of it would occur at the hospitals and point of entry for flu/Ebola/whatever patients, not with public officials.

This idiot should be charged with domestic terrorism, not just violating a quarantine order like he's Jesus come to heal the sick or something.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Now I know what dumber than dirt looks like. Unfortunately, he's a Judge to boot...

Des

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I wouldn't have done it, so I'm biased on the question of if it is right that he did. Walking into a roomful of reporters in the same clothes (did he even take a shower? duh), and apparently shoes -- or was it just the shirt? -- and bragging about how he was going to wear them home to his loving family ("Run, Forrest, Run") should make his wife think about her marriage vows of 'in sickness and in health' and lovingly ask him "Did you at least take a shower, dear?"

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Consider the head of a pin. Now think that a BILLION of these particles can fit on the head of a pin, and any ONE of those particles if inhaled, touched to the eyes, nose, mouth or an open wound of any kind, can be enough to infect a person.

How do you avoid that by 'being careful' combined with an overdose of wishful thinking?

A quarantine order is just that, QUARANTINE; that means nobody in, nobody out, for the specified period of time, and this is a JUDGE who decided to ignore that.

Absolutely unbelievable is right. I'm astonished at the idiocy. Again, this is domestic terrorism.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Have you ever had to use a public restroom that is, well disgusting?

Unfortunately I've been privy to this and make conscious decisions to not touch surfaces as best I can. He was only there to manage the situation, he probably didn't sit or even open the door. Other then the underside of his shoes it could be pulled off, at least I could pull it off if my life depended on it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Destinyone

Now I know what dumber than dirt looks like. Unfortunately, he's a Judge to boot...

Des

And a Texas judge at that.

I feel so ashamed for my state right now.

Not all of us have lost our common sense, I promise.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Have you ever had to use a public restroom that is, well disgusting?

Unfortunately I've been privy to this and make conscious decisions to not touch surfaces as best I can. He was only there to manage the situation, he probably didn't sit or even open the door. Other then the underside of his shoes it could be pulled off, at least I could pull it off if my life depended on it.

Yes of course, and of course I wash my hands and avoid as much as I possibly can......but this isnt a dirty restroom......

This is a place where a man who had a virus that kills 50% or more of its infected was living, breathing, vomiting and touching everything......

This is a place where he or anyone else could have cross-contaminated things that wouldnt even cross your mind.....

This is a place he KNOWINGLY went into without the proper equipment and then not even the decency to have the safety of the people around him in mind.........

Bravado should never replace the well being of other people.......

The thing is, his life DOES depend on it........and the people around him.......and he chose a reckless course of action.......

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

2 days ago I would have agreed with you but I'm feeling optimistic about this tonight. I don't know why yet, something subconsciously changed my fear to hope.

Trust me you guys know I'm the first one to go off on a rant but lately I'm feeling if they just tighten up the airports we may be ok.

At least I'm hoping so for now. . . maybe tomorrow I'll go back to being freaked out again.

Let me just add, tighten up the airports WAY more then they are doing right now. Seriously, only a f-ing thermonmeter in the face, that's not good enough.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

I'm the same way, optimistic about this thing, at least on an overview of the situation and not focused on the poor individuals who have or had the illness. And the shirt-wearing judge is very likely not infected. But on the outside chance that he could have been, and there is a chance that he was no matter how small, to wear his shirt or whatever else both to a public press conference and then home to his wife and daughter - inconsiderate at a minimum and foolhardy and deadly at a maximum - makes me wonder at his ability to judge situations that he himself is involved in, let alone professionally judge anybody else's actions.

edit on 8-10-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   

I'm in no way trying to burst your happy bubble. But, this does need some thought too.

Who is watching the back door? No one, that's who.

DHS figures indicate that 112 individuals were caught illegally crossing into the United States from Guinea, 231 from Liberia, and another 145 from Sierra Leone, the three Ebola “hot spots”. This represents a 95% increase over 2013, before the Ebola crisis heated up.

And DHS pulled 30% of its agents off the border in August, to deal with the massive influx of illegal minors from Central America, leaving even fewer agents to defend against invasion, as the Ebola catastrophe gets worse in Africa, and people get more desperate to get to America for treatment.

toprightnews.com...

We have a bigger problem than airports.

Des

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Totally agree with you on the back door entry situation. The borders are hemorrhaging people and the legal crossings are not even the worst threat.

I don't let my being in NJ make me feel any safer due to distance. I'm still waiting for the first case in India also, followed by the 10,000 the next day.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Theres a reason people in Africa are burning down houses or completely vacating residences that have had people in them who have had ebola........

You allude to a good point.

What are they going to do with that appartment after its decontaminated, who the hell would live there after this?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Could be he knows it's not Ebola & he has nothing to worry about....think about it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Section 8 housing...problem solved...that's probably the plan.

Des

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
next headline we will read about this judge will say heroic judge shows symptoms of Ebola.

here is a tid bit for the judge.

SURVIVAL OUTSIDE HOST: The virus can survive in liquid or dried material for a number of days (23). Infectivity is found to be stable at room temperature or at 4°C for several days, and indefinitely stable at -70°C (6, 20). Infectivity can be preserved by lyophilisation.
Ebola virus PATHOGEN SAFETY DATA SHEET - INFECTIOUS SUBSTANCES SECTION I - INFECTIOUS AGENT NAME: Ebola virus

some folks might want to check things out before they grand stand. i'm sure he just went in didn't touch nothing and stood perfectly still the whole time he was in the home, and in the vehicle with them.
edit on 8-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   
something else on the same page i posted above.

In the laboratory, infection through small-particle aerosols has been demonstrated in primates, and airborne spread among humans is strongly suspected, although it has not yet been conclusively demonstrated (1, 6, 13). The importance of this route of transmission is not clear. Poor hygienic conditions can aid the spread of the virus (6).

and this report is from 2010.
edit on 8-10-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join