It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC man hospitalized for symptoms of Ebola

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

A Harlem man showing Ebola-like symptoms was taken to Bellevue Hospital on Wednesday, sources told The Post. The 31-year-old had recently visited Nigeria and was showing Ebola-like symptoms of the deadly disease when he was taken to the hospital for testing and observation, sources said.

Source

Not much information on this case yet other than he had traveled recently to Nigeria. If this case proves to be Ebola it proves that Nigeria is lying about stopping Ebola with their claims of being Ebola free since August.

New york is another major city where an outbreak would be catastrophic with all of the contact and close living conditions. Just the subway system there alone would be a terribly easy place for the spread of a virus like this.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I'm really angry at all these people that are willing to risk the lives of their own friends and relitives. No one lives in a bubble. While I understand that self quarantine may not be easy or conveinant it keeps your own loved ones safe.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Iamthatbish because: predict a text totally winning

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
From the OPs source -

His symptoms included fever, vomiting and diarrhea, the sources said.

Patient Zero in Dallas was 'vomiting all over the place' ...
Sounds like this guy in NYC is spreading his germs as well ...
Let's hope they are just stomach bug and not ebola ...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

How exactly would he be risking others lifes if he was under the impression Nigeria was ebola free?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: joho99
Unless he was under the impression that airports had magical abilities to keep him immune he knew he was in questionable circumstances.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

No he would have been under the impression Nigeria was ebola free.

Or are you saying no one should go to airports?

edit on 8-10-2014 by joho99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
"His symptoms included fever, vomiting and diarrhea, the sources said. "

This being flu season it paves the way to lock up half the Country. Same symptoms after all.

Nice huh?

Peace

edit on 8-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Nigeria was declared "officially ebola free" only a few days ago. Unless he travelled to and from Nigeria within the last few days, he had no reason to assume he was not at risk.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Nigeria has claimed that there have been no new cases since August 31 if I remember correctly. That claim was made a week ago.
edit on 10/8/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: SpaDe_
Then there is a 21 day incubation period. The World Health Organization requires twice the incubation period before declaring a region ebola free.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Point is that it was declared officially ebola free

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Point is that it was declared "ebola free" AFTER he already returned.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
My point is if it's true that he has Ebola and he made it out of the country with it, and they are Ebola free then how did he contract it? I'm thinking they are lying about being Ebola free because it will impact them economically.
edit on 10/8/2014 by SpaDe_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

He was taken into the hospital at 12:42 PM today with fever, vomiting and diarrhea yet they are already saying no one there has Ebola? That article seems to be hiding something. How can they possibly know that fast when it takes 48 hours to test?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Worlds quickest reversal, or er ebola testing. LOL

You wouldn't think the link you provided would lead to a different article altogether.

That's just weird on its own, let alone they don't have that capability.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Just like they cleared all those people on that plane the other day. Just like they released everyone that was in the clinic earlier today after the deputy exhibiting symptoms went into it and then they reopened it just hours later.
edit on 10/8/2014 by SpaDe_ because: added info

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Could be noro-virus. That's a viral infection of the stomach and digestive system, leading to vomiting, diarrhea, fever and making your stomach feel as heavy as a bowling ball. You can't eat, drink or even move, and if you do, you just leave brown sticky trails everywhere. I'd hate to imagine what Ebola feels like.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Ok this one hit pretty close to home and believe me when I say there is no worse case scenario that beats a NYC outbreak.
All it will take will be a homeless guy contracting that disease.It will spread exponentially in a matter of days to the whole country.There are more than 100 homeless panhandling at port authority at any time,any given day.with the winter coming there will be hundreds sleeping inside train cars and with millions taking the subway everyday well u get the point.....

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildapache

Ok this one hit pretty close to home and believe me when I say there is no worse case scenario that beats a NYC outbreak.
All it will take will be a homeless guy contracting that disease.It will spread exponentially in a matter of days to the whole country.There are more than 100 homeless panhandling at port authority at any time,any given day.with the winter coming there will be hundreds sleeping inside train cars and with millions taking the subway everyday well u get the point.....

Exponentially in a matter of days eh? Seems realistic.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This man has been given the all-clear, even though he just got to the hospital today. There's no way they can say for certain whether or not he has Ebola, given that reliable tests for that disease takes several days.

What are they trying to hide?
edit on 8-10-2014 by dianajune because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2014 by dianajune because: typo

top topics

<<   2 >>

join