It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Impeached: Seriously, what WOULD it take?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Well, there is a fourth. A marginal party. The Green Party. Not what you think. That would be the Liberals now.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga
Negligence and extreme incompetence to the detriment of the United States of America is included if I remember right.

You can't just generalize a reason. It must be specific high crimes or misdemeanors that the governing bodies agree with. Not something as generalized as "negligence and incompetence"...

What about military action in Libya and Syria, (last year, not this year)? Did he just not need the approval of congress?

He did not. The president can send troops for a limited period of time or in a limited capacity without declaring war and without the approval of Congress. More broadly Congress has not approved any war since the Korean War and have clearly decided they would prefer the president to have that power as they never fight for it. Even if it were illegal the president would have a very good legal argument that Congress has forfeited that power by placing responsibility on the executive branch.

In either interpretation this is not an impeachable offense.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I've only gotten through half the posts so far, and I still haven't heard any Obama defenders offer up one good thing he has done as president, that the OP asked for.

In regards to impeachable offenses. There are many but just to name a few, hiring and firing without Congress consent, or signing executive orders whenever Congress won't go along with his plans ignoring the legislative branch entirely. It's called checks and balances and it's worked for well over 200 years in this country. When it's ignored, just take a good look around you to see what happens.

Also, there is no way that the Republicans can bring up impeachment right now because it might cost them votes if they seem to be on a silly witch hunt...just wait until after the November elections and Republicans win Congress. Then you will witness impeachment. They will definitely retain the House, which impeaches. They would need to win the Senate in order to remove him. It will be close.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
...just wait until after the November elections and Republicans win Congress. Then you will witness impeachment. They will definitely retain the House, which impeaches. They would need to win the Senate in order to remove him. It will be close.

Am I a seer or what?

They may not be able to achieve it(as howmuch4 pointed out) but I believe they are dumb enough to try it.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You keep repeating the stereotypical "what is wrong with this country" however don't give any details WHAT you exactly mean with this.....this is important since for many people "what's wrong" is actually a VERY SUBJECTIVE THING other people don't necessarily agree with.

For you it may be "wrong" that homosexuals can marry or it might even be wrong that "a black man is president".

So...this is that, and secondly, I would like to hear from you whether you think that things were "better", say 8+ years ago. I fortunately left the states right before Obama was elected and LOTS of things "were not right" in that country already, and this was under Bush. Had NOTHING to do Obama whatsoever.

So tell us please what NOW is much worse than in the past...and also how you think how another of your clowns (those people you call "politicians" such as Palins or Romney) would have made things better compared to Obama.
edit on 10/8/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   

In regards to impeachable offenses. There are many but just to name a few, hiring and firing without Congress consent

This is not illegal, Congress themselves have legislated ways for the president to bypass them in the event a candidate cannot be found to everyones satisfaction. This is what Obama has done.

or signing executive orders whenever Congress won't go along with his plans ignoring the legislative branch entirely.

Executive Orders are not illegal. By this statement I assume you don't even know what an Executive Order is. It's an order that allows the president to clarify a law making it either more or less specific.

Lets say there's a law that says cars must stop at red lights. The president cannot say cars can go through red lights. What he can say is that the law doesn't apply to people making more than $250,000 a year, or people that drive a Mercedez

Also, there is no way that the Republicans can bring up impeachment right now because it might cost them votes if they seem to be on a silly witch hunt...just wait until after the November elections and Republicans win Congress. Then you will witness impeachment. They will definitely retain the House, which impeaches. They would need to win the Senate in order to remove him. It will be close.

Before they can even try and impeach they need something illegal Obama has done. Then to convict they need a 2/3 vote, then if they do Biden becomes president which will do nothing other than create massive backlash against the Republicans in 2008. Do you really think the Republicans want a record which shows them impeaching every Democrat president for 36 years?
edit on 8-10-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I've only gotten through half the posts so far, and I still haven't heard any Obama defenders offer up one good thing he has done as president, that the OP asked for.

In regards to impeachable offenses. There are many but just to name a few, hiring and firing without Congress consent, or signing executive orders whenever Congress won't go along with his plans ignoring the legislative branch entirely. It's called checks and balances and it's worked for well over 200 years in this country. When it's ignored, just take a good look around you to see what happens.

Thank you!! Ive been waiting, but chances are that they did not even read the entire OP. Nah, I think they just cant think of anything

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   
To answer the titular question (I love that word, sounds so dirty!):

Obama would have to stand up on national TV and admit he was not born in the US and that he is indeed using a false SSN. He would need to go on and explain that he is a muslim, and that his middle east policy was designed 6 years ago to allow ISIS to grow and flourish because he secretly supports radical islam. He would then also have to reveal that he answers to the NWO bosses, and that his policies on immigration and the new ebola threat are constructed in such a way as to eventually create a population reducing event, ala Georgia guidestones.

Of course IDK if all that would even do it, half the country would rabidly claim that he was being facetious and in reality mocking the right.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I thought this thread was about impeaching Obama? Whether or not he has done anything that is good for the country (in your eyes) is completely irrelevant to the impeachment process.

You say you've been waiting for a response to that, well, how about a response to "NoRulesAllowed"

So tell us please what NOW is much worse than in the past...and also how you think how another of your clowns (those people you call "politicians" such as Palins or Romney) would have made things better compared to Obama.

edit on 9-10-2014 by mymymy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
What will i take? According to you Obama haters not much. He has done what every president has and will continue to do.

He has not brought the country to it's knees. Love how the house has no fault in this...even they shut him down at every turn.

But let's blame Obama...for Ebola, Muslims, school, wars..and whatever you can...hey if your pet died recently..it was Obama...right...
If he gets impeached there would be an outcry...impeach him but lets the other presidents of past off scott free.

Where was your cry for impeach of Bush? Actually any republican prez or representative in the house. They are refusing to work with Obama and therefore, not doing anything for America.

Where are your impeach rallies for them.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: blamethegreys

Obama would have to stand up on national TV and admit he was not born in the US and that he is indeed using a false SSN. He would need to go on and explain that he is a muslim, and that his middle east policy was designed 6 years ago to allow ISIS to grow and flourish because he secretly supports radical islam.

This why no normal/sane person cannot and won't debate with guys like you. If *THIS* (conspiracy theory-nonsense) is all you got... or do you expect others to take you seriously with your "Muslim Obama Fake Birth Certificate" crap there? Sorry, I can't.
edit on 10/9/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 06:42 AM
link   
MANY people who voted for him don't follow the news and world events so I think he would win the popular vote in another election if he were eligible for re-election. The popular vote would be in his favor but the electoral college vote, I think not. Obama has some pretty staunch supporters though. As passionate as those that don't approve of his job as POTUS, there are more that do and he hasn't done anything glaringly offensive to his base that would warrant impeachment. Obviously imho only.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

No. The man who's responsible for more damage to this country than any other President is George W. He lied to all of us about his phony war - killed thousands of Americans, hundreds of thousands of Iraqis. He planted the seeds that caused the problems we're all, (thatis, the entire world), is having now in the Middle East and around the globe - unchecked extremism. Bush is the man who soiled the American reputation more than any other. He and his adminstration ought to be in jail for war crimes. Obama's no worse than everyone else, outside of George W.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

MANY people who DO support Obama DO watch the news. They just don't get it from FOX'NEWS', so they're not eating that crap. So they don't have the special honor of getting their 'news' with a Koch Brothers chaser.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: TownCryer
a reply to: StoutBroux
MANY people who DO support Obama DO watch the news. They just don't get it from FOX'NEWS', so they're not eating that crap. So they don't have the special honor of getting their 'news' with a Koch Brothers chaser.

Watch the news, read the news, Twitter the news. Whatever the source of information, they are not informed. Better?

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
It would take aliens, mutants, and the ancient gods coming to earth at the same time and taking over the government of America.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
MANY people who voted for him don't follow the news and world events so I think he would win the popular vote in another election if he were eligible for re-election. The popular vote would be in his favor but the electoral college vote, I think not. Obama has some pretty staunch supporters though. As passionate as those that don't approve of his job as POTUS, there are more that do and he hasn't done anything glaringly offensive to his base that would warrant impeachment. Obviously imho only.

Doing something offensive is not grounds for impeachment. Doing something illegal is and it must actually be him breaking the law, not signing legislation that breaks the law.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux

Kinda sad there's even been a new term created for them and I doubt many have heard or read it, Low Information Voter.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
>>
MANY people who voted for him don't follow the news and world events
>>

People (at least many in the US) don't vote based on "rational" stuff like based on evaluating politics of a particular candidate.

In the US, how a candidate appears ON TV during presidential debates may have a bigger impact than what his/her politics are. SAD, but true.

But besides...one thing is for sure: People will ALWAYS vote those candidates who promise them "tax cuts" or "less taxes", this is why almost EVERY candidate will promise people tax cuts.

Let one monkey get on TV and promise people he'll cut taxes, he'll already win a huge chunk of voters. FACT, you all know it.
(Politicians will always tell people what they WANT to hear, obviously.)
edit on 10/9/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Why would you want to Impeach Obama?

That's the question. What crime has he committed? Why is he worse than any of the other past presidents like Clinton, Bush Sr., Bush Jr, Reagan?

You're basing this on propaganda from Fox News and Talk radio.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join