It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Impeached: Seriously, what WOULD it take?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mymymy

Why is it always But bush did this or that? Or its ok if Obama does this because other potus have. There have been so many scandals under Obama and nobody has been fired or seen any jail time. Things like fast and furious, Benghazi, irs, and many more. I don't know if we can/will tie these to Obama but they happened under his watch. They aren't crazy conspiracies , they actually happened. Although i don't agree with Obama on many things I'm sure he is a smart man, But it seems like everyone in his administration doesn't know anything that's happening around them. I'm not saying republicans are any better. We just need to stop the madness.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I don't think presidential removals are done anymore except under the "Colt Amendment", so to speak.

If Webster Tarpley is to be believed, the President has been an important brake on a rogue warmonger faction in Washington. Under the circumstances, maybe that is all that could be expected.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Hmmm, it boils down to someone with a backbone, wherewithal, gumption, and more power than his handlers.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: simpleman14

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I get tired of Bush Bush Bush as well But I also get tired of hearing Obama is destroying this country without anyone saying HOW he's destroying the country. I agree he's a lame duck but let's not go to extremes.

This thread is the perfect example. The OP wants Obama impeached. Why? We don't know, he won't say other than he doesn't like him. When called on it he backpedals and asks what good Obama has done, which has NOTHING to do with the thread. It's basically an "I hate Obama" thread, and Lord knows we need more of those here.

Also, I really doubt we'll ever be able to tie any of those to Obama. I liken it to the Iran-contra affair. We all knew Reagan knew and approved, but no one could prove it. Same goes with these affairs

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Considering Obama has gotten away with not being American, and re-starting wars he promised to end, I am convinced if the Dems laid a cactus as a candidate for US president, and touted it as the best president ever, it would be elected and never impeached. Heck, the cactus might even have its own cult of personality.

Because if a muslim communist like Obama can do it, anyone can remain president with enough spin.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: alexball
Considering Obama has gotten away with not being American, and re-starting wars he promised to end, I am convinced if the Dems laid a cactus as a candidate for US president, and touted it as the best president ever, it would be elected and never impeached. Heck, the cactus might even have its own cult of personality.

You are right. A cactus WOULD be elected if the other candidate would suck even more than the cactus, such as happened in the last elections.

Solution: Get a candidate up there which is better than a cactus.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
YOU KNOW the Cabal is going to try to install JEB right?
He is the DYNASTY guy after all.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NoRulesAllowed

I don't think that will ever happen.
Libturds and Conservitards are too busy competing on whose candidate is the most progressive (i.e. un-American).
Once you're locked in this stage of Democrazy, it just keeps spiraling down.

And you'll be wishing a cactus was leading instead.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Considering Obama has gotten away with not being American,

What a stupid statement, so you think people born in Hawaii are not American? Or is it he is not a WASP?

Because if a muslim communist like Obama

Do you have any proof Obama is a muslim? Any proof he is a communist?

Or are you just making crap up and flinging it at him, hoping some sticks? Pathetic.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Because if a muslim communist like Obama can do it, anyone can remain president with enough spin.

Think about what you said about Obama getting away with not being American. First of all, all we have is rumor and suspicion on that subject with no real proof And here's the shocker, do you know why we have NO real proof of that? Because there is none. And do you know how I can prove that to you?

Think about all the millions of Americans that hate President Obama and Hate Democrats in general. Not the ones that don't like his policies or have lowered their approval ratings of him but actually hate him. Now really think about this. You've got millions of people, including the Koch brothers in that group. You've got Lawyers, Billionaires, Millionaires, business owners, cops, CIA agents, FBI agents, NSA agents, Military personnel, congressmen, Senators, Governors, ambassadors, private investigators, judges, hackers, generals, special investigators and on and on and on. And you don't think that with all of those professionals that can get into any record of anything in the world and who could pay hundreds of billions of dollars to get that information, that we wouldn't have the proof if it existed? The best we can do is sheriff Joe from Arizona? LOL

Now you may be saying that the information is being supressed but that's too much power right there with all those guys to stop that news from getting out...and it would get out all over talk radio, fox news, wall street journal etc etc etc. It would be out there. You don' think the Koch brothers, just to name two wouldn't pay billions of dollars to get Obama impeached, soil the reputation of the democrats and get Jeb Bush elected in 2016? They would do it if they could.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: simpleman14
a reply to: mymymy

Why is it always But bush did this or that? Or its ok if Obama does this because other potus have. There have been so many scandals under Obama and nobody has been fired or seen any jail time. Things like fast and furious, Benghazi, irs, and many more. I don't know if we can/will tie these to Obama but they happened under his watch. They aren't crazy conspiracies , they actually happened. Although i don't agree with Obama on many things I'm sure he is a smart man, But it seems like everyone in his administration doesn't know anything that's happening around them. I'm not saying republicans are any better. We just need to stop the madness.

Benghazi is not an impeachable offense, being bad at your job is not illegal.
Fast and Furious is again not impeachable. It was the state selling arms to the cartels. Obama did not personally sell weapons from his own private collection.
The IRS scandal is an impeachable offense but only if you can prove that Obama personally directed the IRS to take those actions, and that he did so in explicit terms. Which means in order to meet the standards of proof you need a written document (or audio tape) from Obama himself telling the IRS to conduct audits of Tea Party members and only Tea Party members.

Obama is American sorry. What you mean to say is that he's not a natural born citizen and therefore not a legal candidate to be president. "Natural born citizen" is an undefined term, so in a legal sense how can you say he isn't natural born?

Restarting wars he promised to end is a violation of a campaign promise. Violating campaign promises is not illegal.

Being Muslim or a Communist is likewise not illegal.

So what exactly are you going to impeach him for?
edit on 9-10-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
edit: double post
edit on 9-10-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
a reply to: simpleman14

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I get tired of Bush Bush Bush as well But I also get tired of hearing Obama is destroying this country without anyone saying HOW he's destroying the country. I agree he's a lame duck but let's not go to extremes.

This thread is the perfect example. The OP wants Obama impeached. Why? We don't know, he won't say other than he doesn't like him. When called on it he backpedals and asks what good Obama has done, which has NOTHING to do with the thread. It's basically an "I hate Obama" thread, and Lord knows we need more of those here.

Also, I really doubt we'll ever be able to tie any of those to Obama. I liken it to the Iran-contra affair. We all knew Reagan knew and approved, but no one could prove it. Same goes with these affairs

Here's a few examples of how Obama violated the constitution he swore to uphold; (and remember, he studied constitutional law in college)

25 violations of law by Obama

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

are you just making crap up and flinging it at him

That's all any Obama haters do, or have ever done.

WTF does Obama have to do with Ebola breaking out in Africa?!

The only impeachable thing Obama has done is the "death court", but you won't hear Republicans crying about that because they think it's a great idea. What a bunch of worthless hipocrites.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Obama Impeached: Seriously, what WOULD it take?

Lets say we DID impeach him AND get someone in place who actually served the public's interest...

How much would he actually be able to change before he would be killed?

Even if he were NOT killed, what about the dudes behind the curtain pulling all the strings?

How long would they sit back and watch the world slip out of their hands?

"Governments do not govern, but merely control the machinery of government, being themselves controlled by the hidden hand." ~ Benjamin Disraeli; Prime Minister of England

“Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of the day.”— Theodore Roosevelt

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper
Here's a few examples of how Obama violated the constitution he swore to uphold; (and remember, he studied constitutional law in college)

Funny how that list claims

President Obama issued, in one day, 21 separate Executive Orders that attack and undermine your Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.

They should be easy to find, Obama has only issued 183 Executive Orders
en.wikipedia.org...

Oh look, on no day did he sign 21 separate Executive Orders.... nor has he signed 21 about guns.

That just shows that list is just a load of crap....

Why did you post it when just a brief look at it would have shown it is just not true?
edit on 9-10-2014 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Elton has it right. The House can Impeach but nobody is removed without a hearing before the Chief Justice and 2/3 of the Senate convicting.

IF and that is a big if they win control of both the house and senate, they will have to fire Boner first. He is a wuss. If they do both those things they will impeach stupid. Problem is though nothing will get done, not one dam thing which is good to stop Obama but good luck getting any of his laws or mostly horrible ex orders tossed until he is convicted of at a minimum gross negligence. I don't see it happening unfortunately.

The only true hope we have is for the military, to man the hell up and do what they are required to do under the Constitution. We D.C. goes Rouge and no longer serves the people it is the military's dam job to restore a working government. If it were not for the NSA and CIA the military would have probably arrested Obama a long time ago. Problem is when one words gets out of a Coup albeit legal at this point the people are relieved of command.

A few good retired Generals have already stated they would do it in a second if they had one infantry Battalion of army or marines.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

Nothing in your link is an impeachable offense. You cannot impeach a president for illegal legislation or illegal actions taken by the executive branch as part of their job duties. You rectify that situation by suing the government and making them change the legislation to comply with existing law.

You need the president to actually commit a crime like directing the IRS to target specific people for the presidents direct personal gain or violating a law in a personal circumstance such as Clinton being impeached for lying under oath.

It would be too call out every example so lets just look at the last two in your link

24. Obama knowingly lied to Congress and the American people about the killing of U.S. Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans in Benghazi, Libya. The President and his representatives repeatedly said an anti-Islamic video sparked a spontaneous uprising in Libya that resulted in the killings even though Obama knew that the attack was a well-planned military-style assault by al Qaeda on the anniversary of September 11.

25. Michelle Obama's family trip to Africa in June of 2011, including a private safari at a South African game reserve, cost American taxpayers $424,000 for air travel alone. Mrs. Obama brought along both her makeup artist and hairstylist, as well as her mother, a niece and nephew, and her daughters, who were listed as "senior staff members."

We'll start with #24:
1. When speaking to Congress, Obama was not under oath. Therefore it's not perjury.
2. Obama could have recited the facts as he believed them to be. Being wrong is not illegal.
3. The president (and any politician) can lie to the people. Unless giving a sworn statement there is no law against lying.

1. There is no law against a lavish lifestyle. There are laws directing how job related and personal funds are spent for the first family but security and travel concerns do not factor into that, only individual expenses. If found to be in violation the law is clear that the penalty is to repay the funds, not impeachment.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
It'll take him finishing his second term if at all. Then someone else will progressively make things worse. Same as it ever was.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
to man the hell up and do what they are required to do under the Constitution.

Which is obey the President....

We D.C. goes Rouge

You would prefer Puce?

If it were not for the NSA and CIA the military would have probably arrested Obama a long time ago.

Arrest him for what? You do need a reason to arrest people....

A few good retired Generals have already stated they would do it in a second

Valid source for that claim?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join