It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Gretchen Carlsen of FOX just reported on the air that there is a 2nd person with Ebola in Dallas who is being taken to the hospital. There is a news conference expected shortly.

I will add more as I find it.

www.nbcdfw.com...

www.myfoxdfw.com...

Both links report that this man claims to have had contact with Duncan, and he showed up at a clinic with Ebola-like symptoms, so it is not definite at this point.
edit on 8-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Why did this guy walk in to a clinic if he knew he had contact with someone who has Ebola?!?

If I though I had Ebola and had contact with someone who is known to have Ebola, I would have called to Hospital before heading in to let them know I was coming so they could prepare and make sure the employees and other patients aren't exposed.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

And so it begins I suppose.

How many people did he come into contact with prior to showing symptoms?

oh my.

Seems like Texas is going to have a lot of work on it's hands very soon.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
As a person travelling to Texas in two days, I must say I'm not thrilled. At least I'll be 250 miles from Dallas, though I'm stopping over in the airport.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
As a person travelling to Texas in two days, I must say I'm not thrilled. At least I'll be 250 miles from Dallas, though I'm stopping over in the airport.

I have to fly out of DFW in a few weeks, I live about 45 miles west of there.....lol im not pleased as punch either.......

I flew IN last week from out of town, but now that there could be more and more exposure i expect there to be some anxiety at the Airports about this........

That being said I bet this guy is locked up tight away from the prying eyes of the Media and i bet they have a virtual blackout on information on him and who he has been in contact with......

Wonder how sloppy this one will get
edit on 10/8/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I think the news just said he was in the same complex and had contact with Duncan?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hm, the same complex that was power washed? Where the apartment was again sprayed (doors open/audience watching and breathing)?

edit on 8-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-10-2014 by drwill because: need carbs

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy
Besides your excellent questions, there's even another one:
if the authorities are supposed to be monitoring Duncan's contacts, how on earth is this guy apparently running around free and seemingly unmonitored? Unless they let him just show up at a clinic like that...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Just found this article about same:

Link

EDIT to add:

Officials are also in the process of examining clinical staff and other facility patrons. The number of people impacted at the Care Now facility is unknown.

Not Good.
edit on 10/8/2014 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
if the authorities are supposed to be monitoring Duncan's contacts, how on earth is this guy apparently running around free and seemingly unmonitored? Unless they let him just show up at a clinic like that...

Depends. How did they determine who did and didn't have contact with him? Duncan lied and the authorities let him go on. What's to say this guy didn't lie, too? Seems we are working on the honor system which in America is entirely appropriate, but for Ebola ... well, I don't know anymore. Should it be innocent until proven guilty and contagious until proven healthy?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike

I just shared this new story on my FB, as I have family and friends in TX. I bet you a million bitcoins, there are a lot of people whom had contact with Duncan, the authorities don't know about. But fear and illness is making them now come in for medical care.

This is how it gets spread.

Des

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

My situation in 2 days sounds a lot better than yours after the disease has had a few more weeks. I feel bad for you, and will be hoping you are safe.

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   
IMHO - anyone exposed to Duncan should be in quarantine. And, if this case is accurate, anyone exposed to this new patient should be in quarantined.

FFS! If you are in Dallas and - with good reason - think you have Ebola for Goodness Sakes ...Call the CDC and let someone in a hazmat suit and special ambulance come and take you to a Level 4 hazmat facility! Don't leave your house and expose more people!

edit on 10/8/2014 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Lots of confusing reports on this right now-- some say patient had contact with Duncan, some say patient checked box for travel to West Africa. First responders (firefighters) picked the guy up in hazmat suits.

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
These people need to be forthcoming and honest if they hope to survive this or even get through this alive.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
And if you are in Dallas and I'd be thinking staying away from other people as much as possible and wearing rubber gloves and wiping down things you bring into your house with Clorox. I'd also leave my shows outside my main living area, too. Flip 'em souls up so the sun hits them as much as possible. Especially if this thing starts cropping up all over. You just don't know.
edit on 8-10-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
They claim it's non confirmed yet however the Patient did check the box for being in West Africa. Also, updates say he did NOT have contact with the Ebola patient who passed away. More here

Update from OP source:
Ambulance arriving at the hospital now. Now it's stated that? He's a Dallas County Sheriffs Deputy who had contact with the deceased patient. - Op source
edit on 8-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: update

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

WE are going to run out of healthcare workers willing to deal with this if people keep being so irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join