It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Ebola Patient in Dallas?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
You're absolutely right, and that's the bothersome point. The officials cannot be certain they are monitoring all possible contacts. But they say they are.

Officials have said everyone who potentially had contact with Duncan is being monitored for 21 days, the normal incubation period for the disease.

(From the Click2Houston article)

Trouble is, too many members of the good ol' public will simply believe that "everyone" is the whole truth. And it ain't, not with the best will in the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Directions note that Frisco is about 24 miles from the Ivy Apartment complex.

Not that it means anything other than that 24 miles wouldn't be considered the same neighborhood.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
IMHO - anyone exposed to Duncan should be in quarantine. And, if this case is accurate, anyone exposed to this new patient should be in quarantined.

FFS! If you are in Dallas and - with good reason - think you have Ebola for Goodness Sakes ...Call the CDC and let someone in a hazmat suit and special ambulance come and take you to a Level 4 hazmat facility! Don't leave your house and expose more people!

Couldn't agree with you more. I wonder how many lawsuits will pop up due to mishandling of such a serious disease as ebola, by those whom should know better. Wrongful death suits will be the new order of the day.

Des

edit on 8-10-2014 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: kosmicjack
IMHO - anyone exposed to Duncan should be in quarantine. And, if this case is accurate, anyone exposed to this new patient should be in quarantined.

FFS! If you are in Dallas and - with good reason - think you have Ebola for Goodness Sakes ...Call the CDC and let someone in a hazmat suit and special ambulance come and take you to a Level 4 hazmat facility! Don't leave your house and expose more people!

Honestly If I started getting sick and was showing symptoms, it sounds bad but one of the first things I would do before notifying them would be to give someone details of where I had been who I had had contact with(maybe not names) etc etc......and what my plan of action was, symptoms where id been......so that people would know.....

i would definitely be calling people that I knew to let them know so that they could be vigilant and take precautions

The CDC and others seem to like to keep these things under lock and key........

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ambulance is still in transport.

originally posted by: AnonymousCitizen
Would it be inappropriate for a Ebola/Zombie costume for Halloween in Dallas?

Yes. Probably for your own safety as well, might create a situation with people in fear of their lives(dangerous within itself), to law enforcement and medical detention if there's no assumed immediate proof you have a costume on(see people with fake guns being shot).

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
What day is this on the Thomas Duncan timeline? Assuming he was asymptomatic and not contagious when he got here. I know..big assumption.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Lot of vague terms being used .....monitored, self- monitored, quarantined, airborne and isolated. All in fact used to keep people confused, rather than panicked.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
NBC Frisco

NBC 5 is working to confirm the person in the ambulance is an employee with the Dallas County Sheriff's Office who was in Duncan's apartment.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
New tweet:

Matthew Haag ✔ @matthewhaag
Follow

.@wfaachannel8 reports that possible Ebola patient from Frisco is a Dallas County sheriff’s deputy who went into Thomas Eric Duncan’s apt
9:49 PM - 8 Oct 2014 Reunion District, Dallas, United States

(Bolding mine)

ETA: Link: breaking new ebola patient in Dallas

Scroll down a long way to find this new tweet.
edit on 8/10/14 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack Some reports say he began having symptoms on 9/24 and some say 9/25, so either 13 or 14 depending on which is correct, but would also depend where in the timeline people came into contact with him.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If this does turn out to be a second case of diagnosed ebola in Dallas and it's not Duncan's immediate caregivers - that's a game changer, no matter how you slice it. If the contact with Duncan was casual - "oh crap" moment. If it is wholly unrelated to Duncan - still, an "oh crap" moment.

So, knowing that - would they even tell us if it is?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

Six days old, but it begins in Liberia.

Sept. 15: Duncan takes his friend and neighbor Nathaline Williams, 19 and seven months pregnant, in a cab to a hospital in Monrovia, Liberia, believing that she is having a miscarriage, according to an interview with the cab driver. The cab driver later tells Dr. Nancy Snyderman of NBC News that Duncan carried Williams back to her apartment after four hospitals would not take her. Williams later dies from Ebola. The driver later says that Duncan appeared to be well.

bunmiodunowo.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ambulance arriving at the hospital now. Now it's stated that? He's a Dallas County Sheriffs Deputy who had contact with the deceased patient. - Op source
edit on 8-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

Just caught this(also shared on the previous page now)

He may have gone to Duncan's apartment afterwards.
edit on 8-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: more...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Duncan was symptomatic on Sept. 24th....so 14 days ago....reply to kosmicjack
edit on 8-10-2014 by conspiracytheoristIAM because: reply name

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake
Yes. Full text of tweet in my post above, HERE.

And thank you also for the link on previous page.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
News is now saying they are pretty sure it's a Sherif Deputy who was serving the family who was in quarantine. This would be a person getting it from the family and not from patient zero himself.

I would think that also means the family has active ebola around them.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

GEEZ Dallas! Then he was on the contact list I would presume?

If so, he had no instructions to call the CDC or DHS or the county health department to make arrangements to *safely* go into the hospital!!??

Is this a joke?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

So his incubation period would be ten days....right? Sept. 28th til today or sooner

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

And getting it from very casual contact...or the vomit on the sidewalk?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
FOX News is reporting that it's simply someone who went to clinic with symptoms and said he had been in West Africa.

Is the local information different now?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join