It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart : profit without morals AGAIN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It appears that Walmart is yet again seeking to increase profits at taxpayer cost.

www.alternet.org...

They just announced cutting benefits to 2% of their workforce despite making huge profits.

At the same time they are helping people sign up for private insurance and medicare while increasing their in house medical offerings.

www.bostonglobe.com...

m.bizjournals.com...

Anyone else looking forward to the complete Walmart monopoly of every industry? It looks like they're working hard to try get into literally every industry there is. In a decade or two they'll be selling predator drones at low low prices.......
edit on 8-10-2014 by tavi45 because: forgot a link

edit on 8-10-2014 by tavi45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They might be in league with the Government.

Many Wal-Mart type employee bases get food stamps and medicaid etc.

All part of the ongoing Cloward-Piven Plan.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Seems more like the end result of unbridled capitalism.

Why pay any more for employees and benefits than you absolutely have to?

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elton

But the result is taxpayers paying the bill at different levels.

More consolidated source for redistribution.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Anyone else looking forward to the complete Walmart monopoly of every industry? It looks like they're working hard to try get into literally every industry there is. In a decade or two they'll be selling predator drones at low low prices.......

Hey that may not necessarily be a bad thing. Wal-mart is notorious for using shoddy materials to cut costs. So Predator drone deploys, gets about 50 miles from base then falls apart in mid-air before it gets a chance to blow up some unsuspecting wedding.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Why would you expect a profit engine to have morals?
They don't and never will.

They share some human traits like:
Hunger
Reproduction
Self defense

No morals. Just a strict set of if>>then statements and "while" loops.

Humans need to see these beasts for what they are or they will literally assume control of everything on Earth and beyond.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Exactly.

But I have to ask, why do people still shop there? I've actually found that my local shops and grocery tends to be competitively priced or even cheaper. I don't think my wife or I have even been to a Wal Mart in at least 8-9 months.

edit on 10/8/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Have you ever read the book Nickeled and Dimes: Of (Not) Getting by in America. ? It's relevant to the OP and I think she worked at Walmart during her research for the book.

I hate Walmart with a passion and will never shop there again unless it's the only option, like after a natural disaster.

The Walmart in my town has more employees on the sales floor that do not speak English, it's rare to find an English speaking employee for help. I'm sick and tired of walking in to a store in California where no one speaks English. So I don't shop there anymore. Plus everything I buy from Walmart breaks after a couple uses.

Their prices really aren't that much cheaper than other stores. Sure there's a few deals here and there but do you really want to purchase a product that will probably break because it's $2 cheaper than the other store. My grocery store can beat them on their grocery prices too, plus my grocery store knows my name and everyone that works there speaks English.
edit on 8-10-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
You left out the part where walmart held out longer than their competitors on making these cuts.
And don't forget Obama care set the mandates that made these cuts possible.

Where were you when target did this in january?

m.wsj.com...
edit on 8-10-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Im usually all about hating Walmart, but this isn't news.

It's 2% of the work force, which is actually quite low and only part time. Secondly, multiple companies have done this since Obamacare was released.

They aren't doing anything different than Target is doing for example.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
You left out the part where walmart held out longer than their competitors on making these cuts.
And don't forget Obama care set the mandates that made these cuts possible.

Where were you when target did this in january?

m.wsj.com...

How bout home depot?

mobile.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Once again people confuse open, fair, level playing-field Capitalism with CRONY CAPITALISM...big difference...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

I haven't been to a walmart in years, but that is a lot easier to accomplish when you live in a city. Living in a small town makes it a tad harder to shop at places other than walmart.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Christie Walton...38.8 billion
jim Walton...37.3 billion
alice Walton...35.9 billion
S. Robson Walton...35.8 billion
www.forbes.com...
verall

you taxpayers are paying for these people's employees....but hey....the government can always cut food stamps, so you taxpayers won't be paying the "takers"

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Some people shop there because they have literally no other options either financially speaking or it literally since Walmart destroys small businesses and competition especially in rural communities.

The majority though just don't care about anything outside their tiny bubble. Frugality is deep in the bones of many people and most only look at price tag and nothing else. These people are the real problem. They don't care about the things Walmart does because it doesn't affect them obviously. I know in my town no one cares because the Walmart isn't in town. It's in the decrepit city next door.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

In a decade or two they'll be selling predator drones at low low prices.......

that were made in china, with spying technology.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
They are pretty much the last retailer to do it. But telling that doesn't make headlines. Small businesses will survive after they move in but have a higher class of customers.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: tavi45

Hey that may not necessarily be a bad thing. Wal-mart is notorious for using shoddy materials to cut costs. So Predator drone deploys, gets about 50 miles from base then falls apart in mid-air before it gets a chance to blow up some unsuspecting wedding.

And, since it contains electronics, the buyer will not be able to get a refund, after 3 days. Not even with a receipt...

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Are Target and home depot cutting health benefits while simultaneously jumping into the health care industry with stated goals of being "America's #1 health care provide". They are also providing assistance to customers and employees to sign up for Medicare.

My complaint isn't the cuts themselves its the fact that they are both profiting by selling their customers and employees to private insurance, but more importantly providing assistance to people to get on Medicare.

Remember when employers provided benefits to their employees because it was good business? The kids in k-12 today won't even know that was ever a thing.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

We don't have capitalism, we have Corporatism. It is Mussolini's dream fulfilled, the Corporation controls all and it risks nothing while privatizing it gains.

Derek

top topics

<<   2 >>

join