It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hammond Police Break Through Car Window and Taze Passenger with Kids in Back Seat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Completely compliant, woman on 911 and there are 2 children in the car also.
I'm quite tired of seeing this, when will someone take notice!
Ask yourself if this is how you feel we should be dealing with situations such as this. They didn't consider for 1 second the impact this would have on the kids or whether they may have been injured due to flying glass. At the least the officer could have told the children to close their eyes and look away.

The incident occur at 1:50 in the clip but you need to see it all to get the gist of this police assault on this family.

Honestly I don't know what to say.
As a woman traveling with kids often enough, in some areas I may doubt the police have my best internets in mind. I don't like where this is going and can only wonder how large this out of hand situation is going to get before we either fight back with force or succumb to it.

I have lost my respect for the system, not just from this but what I've seen and lived through. From corrupt judges to bad cops the system has to come to some type of new legislation that involves community and rationality. This man was no threat, they may have been argumentative but did not deserve to be taken down like wild game to be tagged.
edit on 10/7/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I'm guessing that you're not quite finished with your OP? It's happened to me before. It will be interesting to see the link and the rest of the story, and your thoughts about it.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Jesus Christ! A new one every day! How sickening! Something must be done about this... More and more people are going to be hating the PD and there will be fallout.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
That was really cool for those kids to see.
What kind of impression do the cops think they are making on the next generation?

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy
Maybee the one they want to make.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I think there is a universal law of self defense and protection. If ones life(Freedom) or kids are in danger then one may protect ones interests. He should have the right to shoot to kill this officer. I would shoot to kill anyone who directly puts my or my childs life in danger. A badge does matter and neither does his authority as WE THE PEOLPLE GAVE HIM THAT AUTHORITY AND SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO TAKE IT AWAY. His life is forfeit when he does not take the lifes of others into consideration.
edit on 7-10-2014 by MGaddafi because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I dont understand how the police can not realize that they are starting to create an invironment that is more dangerous to them.

People are going to start firing on officers out of fear.

They need to "police" their own.....

Body cameras in every PD, and if they are tampered with or turned off your employment is terminated.....period.......

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Source

A federal lawsuit accuses Hammond police of "malice" and "reckless indifference" when they smashed a car window and used a Taser on a passenger during a traffic stop last month.

But Hammond police, in a two-page rebuttal, said they resorted to force only after the passenger repeatedly refused to leave the car and kept reaching toward the back seat, prompting fears he may have had a weapon.

I didn't see him reach toward the back seat...

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I took notice. They played it on CNN a minute ago. The announcement by authorities there was that: (paraphrased)

Police have the right to ask passengers for their identification and require occupants to step form the vehicle for their own safety even without any reasonable suspicion.

Uh huh. that makes the police reasonably suspicious. No wonder dude does't want to get out. I wouldn't either.

"You can get out an take a beating or you can get pulled out an take a beating."

Obviously guilty of driving while black.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
WTF, I really dont see what the point of breaking the window, tazing the man, and creating life long fear in those kids, all for what. The police need to be taken down a few notches. and some prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Who needs ISIS showing up here when we have government employees such as these. I imagine these cops parents are really proud of what their boys have become.
edit on 10/7/2014 by roadgravel because: typo

(post by IslandOfMisfitToys removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks BH, for posting that, I got some issues to deal with here at work all of a sudden.
My entire office is outraged by this, even the ones who felt the man/women deserved to be arrested!

One of my workers just mentioned jokingly(he is black), that if anyone in the office doesn't want to be seen with him driving to job sites out of fear of being pulled over by the police, he would understand. Nobody should be afraid to drive down the road with their family in this country. What has happened?

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What has happened?

Sociopath bullies have been given positions of authority and free use of deadly force to use as they please.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Get a lawyer and sue the police for 100 billion dollars.
Only when money is involved will there ever be a change.

Fire the chief of police. Or vote him out.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Thanks BH, for posting that, I got some issues to deal with here at work all of a sudden.
My entire office is outraged by this, even the ones who felt the man/women deserved to be arrested!

One of my workers just mentioned jokingly(he is black), that if anyone in the office doesn't want to be seen with him driving to job sites out of fear of being pulled over by the police, he would understand. Nobody should be afraid to drive down the road with their family in this country. What has happened?

Wasn't there concern/ talk about the militarization of the police? I think we're seeing the initial impacts of this manifestation.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I know this is a hated idea, but there is another interpretation to what we saw. OK, I'll wait. Ready?

There are at least two gaps between the police deciding to make the stop and the events shown in the video. First, we don't know whether she complied readily. Second there was a large gap after the stop and before the filming started. There is nothing in the filming that contradicts the police statement.

You didn't read the police statement? Why not? It's linked to in the source article.

www.chicagotribune.com...

I don't see how any one can read the response and see this as a policeman gone amok. The police have their own film containing more of the incident than the one from the family. Sometimes the police do go bad. Sometimes events are edited to make it look as though the police went bad. This case? Looks, at first glance to be the passenger's fault.

Oh, and "completely compliant?" Not a chance in the world that he was. Unless the word "compliant" has taken on a new and opposite meaning.
edit on 7-10-2014 by charles1952 because: add a bit.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

With innocent kids in the car??

Come on now, surely one of these officers is a father himself?? What the hell were they thinking?

Every time I drive I pray I don't see flashing lights in my rear view mirror.

"To serve and protect"......not any more

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I wondered how long it would take for someone to justify the police actions.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Just to be clear - it was a simple seat belt violation that predicated this outrage, just like the poor guy who was shot in South Carolina. In other words, driving while black.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join