It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets play eve online.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Hi my name on Eve online is 7even7eas,

I am loking for people to play with and Id like to do some recruiting for the smal corporation I am in.
In my Corporation we help new players to achieve their goals; its called Arran Industries, named after our CEO Critical Jim Arran.
I am a Director so i have the power to recruit and use the corporation wallet as well as I am an Excavator and Mining Foreman for my corporation. Im hopingto find some new recruits to mine with so i can set up a daily mining operation where we wil mine both ice and ore.
I have the Orca ship so i can hold alot of Ore, also I have mining director 4 working on 5 so i can give tech I orca boosts; Im working on Tech II Boosts which will take me 16 Days; But its definatley worth the wait.

In our corporation we are trying to make everybody money, and line the corp wallet a bit as well.

If you've never heard of eve online check out the website at www.EveOnline.com...

If you click here you get a 21day extended trial and if you sign up for eveonline after You start this trial i will get a PLEX which im willing to share with you 50/50 that we wil sel on the market for big money to help your wallet ingame. secure.eveonline.com...

Its called the buddy program and it works from clicking the link.

Anyways if you play eve online already send me a mail and say whatsup im 7even7eas.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Nice invite, man! If I didn't play SO very many games already and me computer wasn't all chock full of video game goodness, I'd probably give it a try. I've given the game a look before and it does look cool, but pretty time-consuming/commitment-heavy. These days, I'm ADD all over the place with my gaming and I only maintain my focus for a week or so before moving on, so, that's another reason I shouldn't come along. I have a buddy whose been begging me to play SWKOR for months and months now, but I just could NOT get into that one.

Hope you find some good joins though!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I heard eve had been ruined by corps buying all the training books and selling them on market for stupid prices. Also the no cockpit and point n click interface put me off. I own X universe games such as X Reunion, Terran Conflict and Albion Prelude, them games for me are really heavy commitments but you can play them over a couple of years.

Recently i have pledged to Star Citizen and bought myself the Origin 300i ship. Im really looking forward to the game and cant wait for the modules to release.

With the ship i got:

Starting Money: 2,000 UEC
4 Month Insurance
Digital Game Soundtrack
Digital Star Map
Digital Star Citizen Manual
Squadron 42 Digital Download
Star Citizen Digital Download
Beta Access

Cost me around £55 for all that. I'm not gonna pledge for more ships, I'm just gonna buy them in-game after earning the credits playing missions and stuff.

Star Citizen

They have reached over $56 million in crowd funding. They have just broken 2 world records for most crowd funded game as well as most crowd funded anything ever!

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I've sunk 100 hours into eve only a few months ago, my sub ran out for the time being. Lost interest in games mostly until recently. Me and my brother have gotten into beating every halo game, we're on 4. Had to skip 3 due to technical issues.

I cant wait for star citizen, like i'm exceptionally pumped.
The only thing that makes me sad is.. i wish it was real life. I have wanderlust like crazy, and that wanderlust extend way beyond our current capabilities. Guess simulated realities are alright. 56 million though, thats a stupid amount of money.

posted on Oct, 7 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Belcastro

I used to play EVE about a year and a half ago. I like the game, but at the same time the game is very harsh, and I was just too afraid to venture into Low Sec or Null Sec. As I get older my play time is very limited, and My PS4, World of Warcraft, and Diablo 3 take up what free time I do have.

I played solo, and Mining was my thing, I had one of the Ore Ships you can buy, can't remember which one but it held 1 strip miner, and had a very nice sized ore hold. I was stunned by how much better Strip miners where over the mining laser.. I mean, CMON, I spent so many days mining with that puny laser, and the strip miner made it all a joke... LOL

I do miss the game, and my asteroid belts I camped in, but I don't think I have the free time to re-sub.

My name was Mikey Y. and I was Gallente.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Doesn't eve have permadeath and such? Not sure if I want to get into that whole shebang.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: fullerene

While eve does have Perma-death i have not seen anyone experience it. It is impossible to Perma-die unless you are dirt poor or stupid. Usually stupidity is 90% the reason.

How it works. Your character is mortal, but to combat that there is a Cloning mechanic. If you have a clone ready for you, when you die you will spawn as your clone at the place where it is being stored. Clones = Insurance, which you can buy. As long as you have Insurance on your character (not your ship) when you die, you re-spawn. Once you spawn you need to buy new insurance. This is where stupidity comes in, if you do not buy insurance, when you die - you die. So no one is dumb enough to fly without insurance. This is where money comes it. The longer you play = the more your insurance costs. You only have to pay it once though. There is another part to it, but i wont confuse you now. As long as you have enough money to buy insurance, you will not perma die. (you can buy it where you spawn most of times)

There is also another small mechanic that helps you not die as often in form a personal escape pod, when your ship is destroyed. Giving you a save. But if your pod gets blown after your ship is down, you die and your oponent can collect a frozen corpse item that states "Corpse of fullerene". This is where term Podkill comes in as it signified someone needed to actually respawn. Once again there is a reason being killed and using a clone is bad, but the game explains that later and for novices its not important at all. Unless you got a friend with billions. (has to do with losing implants you shoved into yourself when your body is destroyed which help getting skill experience)

Game is good. Better if you have friends there. i played to 24,000,000 points. But i needed more action and less of "Lets all get ready for a group run... 30 minutes later: Lets do the run"

new topics

top topics

join