It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most who vote Democratic are clueless to there parties past.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
We hear all the time from Democratic leadership that Republicans are racist, they hate the poor and are evil.Some say it openly and many insinuate it. They give as proof of this the false notion that the republican party is all old rich white men.What`s funny about this is despite the makeover the democrats have given themselves they still can`t resist using racism to sway there sheeple, using the false notion that because so many whites are republicans they must hate blacks.I guess old habits die hard.
Here`s a quick video giving FACTUAL history about the dems past. And yes I know both parties are screwed up right now, but for now we only have the 2 to choose from.Rather than get mad about this and hurl insults, free your mind to consider some of this. I`m here to spread truth not to say i told you so.If any of this isn`t true then please tell us and be sure to post a link for us to see.

www.youtube.com...=14

Oh,and here`s a quote from LBJ the democratic president that signed the welfare bill in the 60`s,
"I'll have those n*ggers voting Democratic for the next 200 years."
~ Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One
All a bit shocking i know but people need to decide there fates from a position of truth.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Oh no no no, we can't have this. Facts are offensive.

After all, republicans have never done anything good.

Prohibition was a republican institution.

The Dixiecans (Southern Republicans), refused to pass civil rights.

Slaves were freed by Democrats (Lincoln).

Women got suffrage by the Democratic party, in the house and ratification.

Lee Harvey Oswald was a radical republican anti-communist with ties to the John Birch Society.

A Republican president signed the repeal of the Glass-Steagal act, which was directly responsible for the 08' bailouts.

edit on 30-9-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: All political parties are imperfect and pernicious.

edit on 30-9-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TurtleSmacker

The Dems were for slavery

The Republicans were formed to help stop it.... The party's founders totally opposed slavery. The platform adopted at the party's first national convention in 1856 rejected the Southern position that Congress had the right to recognize slavery in a territory. The Party maintained that Congress could abolish slavery in the territories and ought to do so

The slaves were freed by Lincoln who was a Rep., not a Dem.--of course, the Civil War was not just about slavery
[In 1860 Abraham Lincoln won the Presidency as a Republican candidate]

The Republicans won the battle for control of Reconstruction and passed the 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution, seeking to guarantee blacks the right to due process of law and the vote.

To this day, minorities are still indirectly a 'slave' to the system by being dependent on the welfare state

------------

Prohibition in the United States was a nationwide Constitutional ban on the sale, production, importation, and transportation of alcoholic beverages that remained in place from 1920 to 1933. It was promoted by "dry" crusaders movement, led by rural Protestants and social Progressives in the Democratic and Republican parties, and was coordinated by the Anti-Saloon League. Prohibition was mandated under the Eighteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

BTW....appreciate your sarcastic humor, however there will be some that believe what you just posted and repeat it. LOL

edit on 30-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I suppose I'm a little concerned that political discourse has now got down to youtube videos and debating the definitions of baseless insults.

There is no way in 7 minutes and 59 seconds a political commentator can present anything of any reasonable depth that should be taken seriously in influencing a decision about where your vote should go. A similar feat would be translating a sonnet or Lord of the Rings into smoke signals.

The major thing this has you convinced of is this:

originally posted by: fartsmeller46
yes I know both parties are screwed up right now, but for now we only have the 2 to choose from.

The U.S seems to have approximately 1.3 parties as far as I can tell from the differences in their policies though I could be speaking from a point of ignorance. They seem to agree on 95% of things. Not saying that Europe is amazingly better, but there are countries with 1.6 or 1.7 parties around.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Most people who vote Democratic are just like Repubs, they have an issue or two that they think is super important and they vote for or against that (contemporary) issue. And sometimes they just think the other candidate is so awful they vote for who they feel is a little less bad.

Examples: Gun control, abortion, welfare for individuals, subsidies for business, healthcare, more/less government regulation.

edit on 30-9-2014 by Elton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: snarky412

Oh, I'm well aware of all those things, my post was just me being facetious.

However, all the statements I made are things I've actually heard a few Dems say in person, when I've attempted to correct them they just get that deer in the headlights look.

It is ridiculous how historical facts are being turned upside down and co-opted by political groups these days.
edit on 30-9-2014 by TurtleSmacker because: spelling

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TurtleSmacker

Oh, I'm well aware of all those things, my post was just me being facetious.

However, all the statements I made are things I've actually heard a few Dems say in person, when I've attempted to correct them they just get that deer in the headlights look.

It is ridiculous how historical facts are being turned upside down and co-opted by poltical groups these days.

I understand.....my apologies

And you are so right about how the facts have been twisted around to suit one's agenda, it's ridiculous!!

edit on 30-9-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   

I suppose when you've got two cultures clashing in the US to the point that they both want the direct opposite for our nation's future, it's not surprising that facts are being twisted.

Polarization is bad to the point that politicians are trying to get people to view each other as the enemy, and distort reality to cast the other side in the role of "bad guys". There's a difference between disagreeing with a political group, and outright lying about history.

Seems to me that might be why third parties are gaining in popularity.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TurtleSmacker

Seems as tho our country is more divided now than ever before, not just within the party lines
Or maybe it's just me, getting older and being more aware

Race, Gender, Religion, Culture, Political Affiliation etc., etc.--what ever it is, you name it and there is serious dissension amongst various peoples

Maybe that's TPTB ulterior agenda that has finally come to a head, so to speak
Keep us divided as a nation--what ever the purpose, it seems to be working

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: snarky412
Maybe that's TPTB ulterior agenda that has finally come to a head, so to speak
Keep us divided as a nation--what ever the purpose, it seems to be working

I think you nailed it.
We blow up issues to the point where they are divisive and we demonize the opinions and people who disagree with us. Makes reaching any kind of compromise much more difficult if you think the other guy is actually plotting to destroy the country you love.

Probably makes us easier to control.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Today's Republican's are the Democrats from the past

A lot of Democrats abandoned the Democratic Party when Lyndon B Johnson signed the civil rights act. A lot of those Democrats then proceeded to join the Republican Party.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
What about the third of us that don't have a party of preference and vote for who we feel is the best candidate. I know, that takes research and over half the people just check the box that says republican or democrat. I know, since we actually have an open mind we aren't considered normal because we are a minority.

I don't vote for someone because of their party. I vote for the ones who lie the best.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

A lot of Democrats abandoned the Democratic Party when Lyndon B Johnson signed the civil rights act. A lot of those Democrats then proceeded to join the Republican Party.

Like Robert byrd?
Oh wait, he was a dem.
The Democratic party has done more to destroy the black man than the kkk ever dreamed of doing. Starting with Jim crow laws all the way to today by telling blacks that they can't compete with whites without help.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

All of that would matter if I voted for what a party USED to be like... Or if I voted a for a PARTY instead of a person.

I tend to vote for a person and what they're doing NOW, not what they did 50 years ago...

This just goes to show that both parties are pretty much two sides of a coin. They BOTH change their positions depending on what they think the voters want. They're doing what they do for their political careers! Not for the people.

Oh, and if a person doesn't already know the past of both parties, they're not very politically savvy, IMO.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: fartsmeller46

There clueless to the present and the future, the only thing they know about the future is when the next hand out is due.

Its sad because the Democratic party was never like it is today, ya there past is sketchy but today.........well I will just leave it at that.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
lol Republicans calling democrats sheeple.

The Southern Strategy hard at work.

The irony. They dont realize they are sheeple too.

The Racist democrats(and the republican) from pre civil war is now what we called the new republican party.

None of the republican would evey agree with Lincoln, heck, lincoln would distance himself as much as possible to the current republicans.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

Name 3.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Political parties are not racist, people are. While the south used to be mostly blue states populated by Dixiecrats, that is hardly the case anymore. Now the southern states have turned red and those same Dixiecrats now call themselves Republicans. It seems the OP is the one who needs a history lesson.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Your clueless either way man.

posted on Sep, 30 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
Your clueless either way man.

About?

I know your such a deep person and all but can you explain a bit more??

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join