It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Another Dream Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
This dream has presented itself to me in many ways throughout my life. It changes as I change and grow, but one thing always remains consistent, the window at the top of the stairs.

I woke up from some noise, it's still dark out and the alarm clock reads 1:19. I hate when this happens, can never be on a weekend, always during the week when I've got to get the kids ready for school and myself off to work. Might as well get up and have a drink and a quick smoke. It's so quiet at night, with the windows open I can hear the slight hum of the transformers across the street. A quick check on the kids, all is good, my angels are both sleeping.

Slothing my way down the stairs I see lights, f@#k I left the tv on! My electric bill is bad enough without it and was I watching cnn? Anyway I make my way into the kitchen, the cool tiles tingle my feet. I open the refrigerator and grab the first bottle I see, with a twist and a lift I take a great big gulp of pineapple/orange juice right from the bottle; it's too late for a glass. All as my eyes start to adjust from the harsh, white refrigerator lights. Replace the bottle, close the door then reach over to the cabinet where I keep my cigarettes hidden. I really should quit, I know, I know, I keep lecturing myself as I open the drawer and take out a lighter.

I head for the front door making my way out the kitchen, past the stairs, then past the annoying cnn news repeating in the living room. I remember I don't have shoes on and I’m wearing a nighty. . . Oh well then, it’s 1:am! I unlock and open the door then push open the screen, the cool night breeze glides through my hair like fingers, my mouth catches a bit. I love this time of night, so quiet, so peaceful, there are more jetliners in the star filled sky then cars on the street. I jump as I notice a bunny hiding under my car scampering past me into the bushes.

As I look down at the porch steps and check for stray bugs, brushing away crumbs of dirt with my feet, I remove the hair from my mouth, sit down and light my cigarette. I amuse myself, comparing the light from the lighter to that of a lightning bug, flicking it on and off several times before it gets too hot. I remember as a child the love I had for capturing these bugs in jars, memories I wish my children would share but there are so few left now, it’s hard to find one or two let alone a jar to make a lantern with.

My attention goes up to the sky once again, I always look up, I start counting jets going by to the nearby airports; JFK, Newark and LaGuardia. It’s so peaceful, so beautiful they are all too far away to hear. The cool breeze reinforces the tranquility of the moment. It’s at this time I notice a very bright light coming from the southeast.

At first glance I can tell it’s not blinking and it’s bright like a shooting star, but it’s way too slow. It’s not coming toward my location, just seems to be arcing, falling out of the sky and then I notice another, then two more near the first one. My attention, my tranquility all turns to fear in an instance as the torch like shapes start to come into focus. They are headed into Manhattan, dropping out of the atmosphere. Every thought I’ve ever had comes into focus at this time, I stand up and then feel faint but I hold it together, I am a single mom of two, I must act. But I don’t, I just stand there watching, caught up in the moment at the absurdity of how beautiful these ICBM’s look using the backdrop of the cloudless, moonlit nights sky.

They’re getting close to their destination now, I can’t stop looking but I must, it’s almost time. We are exactly 30 miles inland from NYC, I don’t know if that’s enough. I walk a few steps down the sidewalk toward the street. I can hear the distant sound of thunder from the rockets mixed with the chatter of awaiting birds. I drop my cigarette and gently put it out with my foot, forgetting I’m not wearing shoes but I feel nothing. I turn and look at the house, my house, my children, and then it suddenly turns to day. God has thrown the switch, birds tear out of the trees like cockroaches when the lights go on.

I cover my eyes looking away from the scene at the same time trying to make it back in the house. Adrenaline racing, pushing me for my kids I throw open the doors, tripping my way to the stairs. As I reach them, at the top platform there is a window facing the direction of the blast, I notice the brilliant white light from outside has turned to fiery red. Again the absurdity, the beauty of this red, stained glass, and watery light cascading down the stairs engulfs me. I hardly notice as I run past the window the mushroomesque cloud unfolding up into the sky. I burst into my 7 year old daughter room a yank her from the sheets; she hurts from how tightly I hold her. Carrying her I then grab my 3 year old son, it’s hard to carry them both together but right now that seems to not hinder my speed or progress.

We make it through the kitchen down the stairs into the basement where we wait, backs against the foundation wall facing NYC. . .

edit on 9/29/2014 by AnteBellum because: clarity

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
A few months ago I started a thread called A Shared Dream, a Shared Theme, in this thread I go a little more into detail about how this has effected me in later posts. Since that thread I have also taken the time to try and remember the dream better, trying to capture details I often overlooked by focusing on the main consistent window theme.
My daughter has not had any more of these dreams as far as I know, I'm sure she would have mentioned it. Also I have noticed when these dreams swarm me for a few weeks they are usually accompanied by one very weird one. Since it is WW3 based I'll explain the precursor dream I had this time. The last time the dream was about an alien in my childhood home chasing me around. I didn't understand the symbolism in that one either.
This time I was floating over the Giza Pyramids watching a political man perform on stage in front of them. The man was dressed in black like the Islamic executioners wearing a Jim Carrey mask(Liar, Liar) giving a Hitleresque speech as Russian Jets flew by in parade formation. The pyramids were lit by red lights and it all had a Chinese Eastern Temple appeal to it. Chinese and Russian vehicles of destruction were parked all around but at a distance.
What was funny, was I just read another thread last night that kicked this one into my consciousness. It gave me a weird feeling like Libya, Egypt or Saudi Arabia would be the start of a war against Isreal with the help of the Arabs. Russia and China then would jump in and the rest would follow. Does that even make any sense?

Well now I am truly again left wondering why? I have lived with this so many years it's become part of me. It started again 2 weeks ago and I've had it twice. I also feel I need to mention that throughout my life I've had dreams that have come true. They are the same because most dreams I have are absent of feeling, they are different in they usually deal with insignificant issues such as a dream of me putting a never before seen painting on a wall. Then like clock work 6-18 months later, as I'm hanging the painting, the dream is remembered again and I've just done what I dreamt.
I though for most of my adolescent life it was self fore-filling prophesy or synchronicity, but now as an adult with a deeper understanding of the universe, I no longer believe in coincidences.

I hope everyone understands the emotional side to this, those that know me can attest to my bitter skepticism on many subjects, I'm not one that believes in everything I see. More and more I feel worried about the future and sometimes I feel this is tied to my destiny.

Am I foretelling my own death with this one?
edit on 9/29/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I though for most of my adolescent life it was self fore-filling prophesy or synchronicity, but now as an adult with a deeper understanding of the universe, I no longer believe in coincidences.

I hope everyone understands the emotional side to this, those that know me can attest to my bitter skepticism on many subjects, I'm not one that believes in everything I see. More and more I feel worried about the future and sometimes I feel this is tied to my destiny.

Am I foretelling my own death with this one?

Yes, I agree with the first part of whats quoted, we can call them coincidences but there is a much deeper meaning to things coinciding or synchronizing we have yet to realize or as some have but are searching for an understanding of what these coincidences mean to us on a personal level.

I worry for the future as well, for me I haven't got kids but you do and many others do as well so I worry for a their future world but try to be as optimistic and positive as possible.

Now for your question,

Maybe, but only the death of this physical and material life we live.

I want to post something to try vanquish any fear you have towards this thought process you are entertaining to help you get a clear picture of what it might mean for you, fear only clouds our minds and makes it hard to see when we are looking for something.

If these images or dreams make you worry for the future it might just be unconscious alarm to be alert for something challenging on its way, it might not mean literary what your dream shows you, Nuclear holocaust, it might be something more on a personal level that only will affect you and those in your influential circle.

However as its reoccurring and has happened most of life it could be a vision of the future or a vision of the past death but using images of things that you will recognize from this life.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Hi AnteBellum:-) Your dreams give me an uneasy feeling,in light of one i had a few days ago,and that a friend had a few years ago.Another reason it makes me uneasy,is because i very seldom have recall of regular dreams anymore,so this one is an exception.Do you mind if i send you a u2u?a reply to: AnteBellum

edit on 29-9-2014 by Raxoxane because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
If you happen to have this particular dream again, try to force yourself to look at the CNN screen for a date and time stamp. It would be very interesting if you can see a date/time.

I've been having this very bad feeling that Putin will be assassinated. I hope not, but that may very well supersede WW3.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I am not afraid of death, I'm just sad that if it were to occur as this my children would never get to experience the world fully, it would be cut short.

Normally I would try to interpret or psychoanalyze this like I do for many other dreams I have but this one is somehow different. I can't tell you why other then it just is.

However as its reoccurring and has happened most of life it could be a vision of the future or a vision of the past death but using images of things that you will recognize from this life.

Very interesting take I hadn't though of yet.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Raxoxane

Of course you can, you never have to ask. I always try to not jump to conclusions either but this has become a part of who I am now, it's almost like a tattoo. I'll talk to you soon, I'll answer by tonight.

a reply to: NightFlight

It's weird you said that, I will definitely do it the next time. When I was younger this dream always occured in my parents house and they had the same window stair configuration as my home now. Certain things have changed, I've gotten older, kids, location but their might be more in the details. Since my first thread on this, that was triggered by my daughter having a similar dream, I've kept a log handy to write it down. It is amazing how much I overlooked before doing this. I assume another 1 or 2 will be on there way soon, I will try my hardest to remember. I hope my mind doesn't do something weird to prevent it, like having the tv off next time.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Ok and thank you AnteBellum,i'm just about to log off because i have to go shower+want to give my son a turn at the pc before his bedtime,but i will be back in about 2 hours,and send the u2u first thing.a reply to: AnteBellum

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
To me, dreams are nothing more than subconscious expressions of emotional state displayed in a tangible form when we sleep. I've found this most prevalent in recent weeks when I actually took the time to look up dream symbolism and what things mean when they appear in dreams.

The human brain is an amazing organ. It can display for us a 'readout' if you will, of our current status in the form of a short movie played for us at night with the props appearing as things we've seen or done in the past. It may not always make sense and it never will, as dreams do not follow conscious logic. What makes sense for us when we're awake does not make sense for us when we dream. Thus, flying, superpowers, and other such impossible situations occur. It's vitally important that you understand the difference and realize that what we see in dreams is the 'behind the scenes' actions of our brain.

That is why I believe so heavily in the importance of symbolism; something as simple as a window in a dream is an indication of some aspect of yourself. In particular, windows are heavily symbolic and can mean many things when they appear in a dream. Usually what I do, is try to compare my thoughts and emotions of the past few days and see how they stack up with things that appear in a dream. In particular, a nuclear weapon appearing in a dream is symbolic of some sort of hostility or desire to wipe out some aspect of your life. Perhaps something important to you has disappeared or stopped happening and it's on your mind. As you saw the blast outside your window, that is symbolic of your outlook on life, or your point of view.

As far as repetition goes, we can feel the same emotions and hangups over and over again in our lives. How our brain chooses to relate this to our consciousness may happen several times. I'm not one for believing in premonitions, but I am a believer in our ability to communicate with our inner conscious. Tons of insight can be gleaned from writing down dreams and looking up what certain aspects mean. I personally use dream moods.com for my interpretations. Have been dreaming of barns and sand lately, due to my current depression caused by friendship issues.
edit on 29-9-2014 by Septimus because: fixed grammar

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Hello, I have read in depth about dreams even taught myself to "lucid dream". There are many books about dream symbolism, but I heard those are no longer considered accurate. What I mean is now they ask the person,"what do those symbols mean to you" rather than vague dictionaries about what certain things mean.

Can I ask you, do you ever think about WWIII or the end of the world? Nuclear holocaust or Zombie Apocalapse? Does coming to this site encourage such thoughts? Are you afraid of or do you believe in aliens? If you got a dream journal , you can go through it and try to guess what things could represent according to you knowing yourself best.

A man in all black with a Jim Carrey mask on giving a dictator speech? Maybe reading up too much on current events? Jim Carrey? The comedian? Your going to have to use the tools at your disposal for this one , knowing yourself and knowing what this could represent to you.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I can see how this dream would be intensely emotional and upsetting!

Dream interpretation can be tricky. It can be (in my own experience) 1) a harbinger of real life events, 2) completely symbolic but totally relevant to one's life, 3) mysterious, with no obvious connection to anything in the waking world than can be identified. And it can be all those things at one time, too.

Questions/Thoughts for you:

First off - I have no idea if anything I offer will be personally relevant to you, and I am not putting anything on you in any way - only you have the ultimate knowledge of what resonates with your life and what is completely off track. That being said, I hope some of this might be relevant or helpful... Dreams of Armageddon or nuclear holocaust are not uncommon, and can be terrifying!! They can also be fully symbolic. I had several such dreams as a teenager many many moons ago which were of the symbolic kind. I don't know what kind yours are, however - just throwing that in. (For me, it heralded major life events in the form of an illness, and also told me other things...)

Do you remember anything from the CNN broadcast in the background. Did any key word or words catch your attention? Did it seem to be warning of the impending crisis, or like 911, did the events literally just "come out of the blue." (or the black, as it was night time.)

The number on the clock is 1:19 OR 119 (based on the time you saw), is that in any way significant to you? It is "911" in reverse, for one thing, suggesting a "mirror" principle in the dream, since it involves attacks like this in NY, a very "Nine eleven" kind of thing.

If we play with the number symbology (these are very simple meanings and may not feel relevant, but I decided to put them in here anyway), there are three numbers involved: 1, 11 and 9.
One is basically a "new start, initiation, wholeness, moving forward" 11 is "higher principles, higher self and your personal life mission" and 9 is "conclusions and endings." These are just a few possible ideas associated with that number. I consider numbers seen in dreams to be very important, personally.

The window at the top of the stairs shows you the vision of the nuclear blast - this is always the same in every one of these dreams, correct? This is a very significant point - a repeated symbol is always important. A window to the world can sometimes indicate a "view" of the world, or act as a symbol of one's perspective about the world, one's expectations, what one sees. Stairs: moving UP the stairs indicates, possibly, going to a Higher perspective or consciousness, OR making forward progress in one's life. If "higher consciousness" = this could indicate a message to you from your "higher self" or your intuitive powers or spirit, however you feel that. In either case (it could be both at the same time, again) it is an important and repetitious theme.

The dream also has the theme of things being normal, then suddenly something appears that brings total destruction (or the threat of total destruction, or the full appearance of total destruction, yet you are observing from a distance - still close enough to be in the thick of it, but not ground zero). This also repeats? It could be seen in personal terms as a pattern of making forward progress and "ascending" in life, then suddenly everything - all hopes and dreams - are "blown up" and destroyed (or potentially so - the fear is there and its heading your way). Everything one thought about life is suddenly thrown into crisis or even obliterated.

Ask yourself if this a theme in your life, as well? In other words - is there a pattern of things seeming normal and just fine (even enjoyable), then WHAM you barely get any warning before everything "blows up?" IF that is the case, then your subconscious might be showing you your fears (I'm ascending in life and it's all going to blow up on me because it always does!) OR you might be getting a head's-up from your own intuition that something is very wrong - that your personal symbology for life-crisis is showing itself. Again, it is possible that this is a predictive dream either in just your own life, or in the wider world. The key is finding your way to understanding it symbolically and seeing if those symbols are relevant. (I may have said this before, and if I did and it wasn't relevant, forgive me!) Is it possible that it relates to personal viewpoint - as in, when things seem peaceful and normal, in reality the whole world could become a nuclear hell-scape in the next moment... It is all in the translation, and you are the only one who can feel out which symbols do and do not resonate with you.

Other thoughts - the dream is very sensory, very "real." For myself, when I have this kind of dream (and I have some from my high-school years/early college that I remember as clear as day), I know to pay attention to it and dig deeply into the symbology of it. Sometimes, unfortunately, I don't understand it until after events have played out, but I can directly trace the symbols and events later.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thank you AB, I'm usually the one that others ask for help when interpreting dreams, but in this case when my emotions get in the way that becomes a bad idea.

This dream does in fact parellel my life, I have found great success at an early age, only to watch it burn just as fast. I have lived so fast and furiously that sometimes there is no room for brakes, the only way I can stop is to hit the wall. At one point one of my previous employers endearingly called me 'Juggernaut' for my work attitude.

Thus comes the problem, I know this, it has never been a mystery to me. I realized my Gemini nature(extremes) and have used it more then once, even in predatory fashion. I am not ashamed to admit this for it helped me evolve above it. I don't think I could have reached this point spiritually unless I walked that path first.

Years ago due to my persistent psychoanalysis of my own dreams they even morphed to full abstraction. They looked like a world painted by Matta, my own subconscious was fighting itself to keep the secrets secret from me. It remains that way to this day except for a few random dreams including this one and that's what frightens me.

I always felt dreams were a form of subconscious release, then I started playing around with lucid dreaming to take control. Every step I took brought me closer spiritually to my goal and soon after my mind upped the ante. Taking back that control.

So now I'm left with this mess. Is this dream about me or something else? It would seem an obvious decision but I can't help but feel like it's almost been planted there deliberately waiting for me to confront it. About every 6-9 months it comes back, shows itself a few times, then leaves. I am a very rational person and this bothers me to no end.

I always felt connected to the world we are in more deeply then some others. Lately I've felt its wanting to shed its skin, getting rid of the old hard shell to make room for a new bigger world. Like animals detect earthquakes, so do humans but we react differently. I sometimes wonder if not all dreams are meant for the dreamer.

I can live with the symbolic nature of this, I can even come to terms if this dream is just of face value - fear, what I can't get past right now is what will go through my mind if this ever came true.

Thank you again, talking helps me work through these. . . things! As soon as I have a little more time I'm going to go back through your post, along with the others, to try and come to Some sort of peace with this. I'll only completely lose it in the meantime if my daughter dreams this again, 1 time is a coincidence, in this case another will be damning.

posted on Oct, 4 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
Well now I am truly again left wondering why?

When I posted in the other dream thread you wrote, I had a HECK of time writing that...

It was a real struggle for a couple different reasons.

I felt that what you were seeing was real, and I was concerned about upsetting or offending you.

On top of that, I was thinking about the 'Knowing' film and was right smack in the middle of a spiritual crisis.

Now after seeing this thread, I am going 'what in the world...'

When I read your post asking why, the very first thing that came to mind is that God is giving you these so that when it happens you will be ready.

Remember the post about Dr. Stu Breisch's son?

His son had 12 separate dreams if I recall and his sister Kali still lost her life when the tsunami struck.

History has shown that God ALWAYS warns before hand before judgement takes places.

He does this because He knows what is ahead and He cares very much for people.

AnteBellum, God is about to visit the Earth and we are NOT ready.

I have never been so convinced of something like this in my entire life.

Things are about to get real, I think deep down inside all of us know this.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: AboveBoard

Thank you AB, I'm usually the one that others ask for help when interpreting dreams, but in this case when my emotions get in the way that becomes a bad idea.

This dream does in fact parellel my life, I have found great success at an early age, only to watch it burn just as fast. I have lived so fast and furiously that sometimes there is no room for brakes, the only way I can stop is to hit the wall. At one point one of my previous employers endearingly called me 'Juggernaut' for my work attitude.

Thus comes the problem, I know this, it has never been a mystery to me. I realized my Gemini nature(extremes) and have used it more then once, even in predatory fashion. I am not ashamed to admit this for it helped me evolve above it. I don't think I could have reached this point spiritually unless I walked that path first.

Years ago due to my persistent psychoanalysis of my own dreams they even morphed to full abstraction. They looked like a world painted by Matta, my own subconscious was fighting itself to keep the secrets secret from me. It remains that way to this day except for a few random dreams including this one and that's what frightens me.

I always felt dreams were a form of subconscious release, then I started playing around with lucid dreaming to take control. Every step I took brought me closer spiritually to my goal and soon after my mind upped the ante. Taking back that control.

So now I'm left with this mess. Is this dream about me or something else? It would seem an obvious decision but I can't help but feel like it's almost been planted there deliberately waiting for me to confront it. About every 6-9 months it comes back, shows itself a few times, then leaves. I am a very rational person and this bothers me to no end.

I always felt connected to the world we are in more deeply then some others. Lately I've felt its wanting to shed its skin, getting rid of the old hard shell to make room for a new bigger world. Like animals detect earthquakes, so do humans but we react differently. I sometimes wonder if not all dreams are meant for the dreamer.

I can live with the symbolic nature of this, I can even come to terms if this dream is just of face value - fear, what I can't get past right now is what will go through my mind if this ever came true.

Thank you again, talking helps me work through these. . . things! As soon as I have a little more time I'm going to go back through your post, along with the others, to try and come to Some sort of peace with this. I'll only completely lose it in the meantime if my daughter dreams this again, 1 time is a coincidence, in this case another will be damning.

Deep.

People, read this and know, free knowledge and perspective. Spot on.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

When I read your post asking why, the very first thing that came to mind is that God is giving you these so that when it happens you will be ready.

And that makes me crazy also, I'm agnostic!
Why would God choose me as his vessel when I am the antithesis of resent and loathing for organised religion?

But there are other signs too I didn't mention. Since a child I was as different from my parents as a piranhas is to an apple. I've been fascinated with weapons and war my whole life. I collected them at first and have now moved on to repair and creation of them. Horror movies never scared me, but in true irony I feel more at home with Freddy Krueger and the crew of House of 1000 Corpses then my own family.
I became an architect and have a special knack at building houses from nothing but found objects, it's more of a hobby but still, put me in the middle of the woods and 3 days later I'd be on my way to building a house. I learned survival skills for no real reason I can remember.
As a child I wanted to be like Lara Croft so I trained in martial arts and gymnastics.

I've felt compelled my whole life to do things I always thought at some point I would need and each and every time felt the hand of . . . pulling me to the next task. I even on several occassions had a waking experience in which I can only describe as a saraphine came to me bearing gifts. It's in the other thread but I don't remember the context I wrote it in.

If I can't change fate and I'm not religious why or what has programmed me to be and do these things from day one? Was I the product of inevitability? These are questions I wrestle with now and every night after my kids go to sleep I step outside and have a cigarette, I end up standing there on the sidewalk looking up and waiting.

posted on Oct, 5 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
It might just be who you are. We all found this site for our own reasons. It an internet conspiracy forum. There are survivalists here people who are paranoid and live off the grid, there are people who believe the government is hiding things about aliens, there are some crazy people here but mostly people who don't necessarily believe what is told to them.

Maybe it's the type of person you are that has trained you in these fields. You have heard of people with doomsday bunkers? Right. Just in case. A wealth of knowledge maybe acquired out of paranoia?

I can't really help you with your dream. I just read your reply and read it awhile ago. My dreams are normal and stupid. Like what I was doing or scenarios I have with people. I don't have powerful or prophetic dreams. Are you a zombie Apocalapse chick? Do you think about WWIII a lot? You say you have kids, you should really stop smoking . I been smoking since 13 or 14 and am 30 now. I know it's hard to quit.

I saw a movie today on Netflix at my friend Jason's house, Donovan's Echo. He lost his daughter and wife 30 years ago. He was trying to save his neighbor a little girl who had the same name as his daughter, Magnolia. Anyway there was a lot of cute little kid moments. You are lucky and shouldn't take for granted how you are twice blessed like Kade Foster of First Wave. Some of us probably aren't going to have kids.

new topics

top topics

join