It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Boy with Ability to See in Pitch Black Stuns Medics

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Nong’s night vision has sparked interest around the world by vision scientists, evolutionary biologists, and genetic engineers. And this is good news for science as we may eventually be able to use genetic technologies to deliberately create such a condition ourselves.

Chinese Boy with Ability to See in Pitch Black Stuns Medics

Is this boy possibly a new part of human evolutionary progress? Hate to use the term mutant but this case is pretty damn cool. Video attached to article. Enjoy ATS.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Melamine has its virtues I guess

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: solarstorm

Interesting...
There was another scientist, French I think, talking about how the Human species is going through an evolutionary transition. His research centered on human life span and how it is increasing quickly. Maybe there is more going on than just the aging process being extended.

The history channel series by Stan Lee is another area where humans seem to exhibit superhuman abilities.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   
If humans have evolved up to this point, I imagine from the this point on it is going to get very interesting. I don't know why but I get the impression that bio-shock is a term that might get attention in the future.

edit on 27-9-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

How could this be? His father was either a cat or he's an alien hybrid.
Or, maybe it was the melamine in the infant formula the kid drank when he was a baby! Minkmouse could be onto something!

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Figured I would add the video for you.

This is very cool though. To be able to see in the dark as good as most can see during the day. WOW.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The weirdest thing is that there seems to be no interest in having any genetic testing done...

It is pretty rare for couples with the same eye color to have children with different eye colors, and if the boy has no relatives in the mom's or dad's family with blue eyes, then that makes the case even more odd, because eye color is such a specific genetic marker, it should be traceable to another family member ---

--- I would think that the father would be concerned that the kid might not be his....

If there aren't any blue eyed family members traceable to the boy....well, who knows where genetic testing might lead...?

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
RealNews? Seriously?
A video from ADG(UK)? Seriously?
World Record Academy? Seriously?
Come on people. No filters?

Even animals with very good night vision need some light.
edit on 9/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
RealNews? Seriously?
A video from ADG(UK)? Seriously?
World Record Academy? Seriously?
Come on people. No filters?

Even animals with very good night vision need some light.

Don't you have a telescope to look through right about now? Everything on ATS must be PHAGE certified FFS.

+6 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I'm sorry. I thought we were a discussion forum. A place where opinions as well as facts can be discussed.
My mistake.

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Chinese Boy with Night Vision DEBUNKED (AGAIN)

youtu.be...

(post by IntastellaBurst removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 27 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

Protractors are useless as weapons.
Now, a sliderule...
edit on 9/27/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: IntastellaBurst

Protractors are useless as weapons.
Now, a sliderule...

Compasses and calipers are my weapon of choice. I can peck the # out of you with the pointy ends.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Highly unlikely to be evolutionary since humanities DNA has been weakening and breaking down for millions of years. There has been selective changes, but not any evolutionary adaptation of genetics on a scale that can be measured.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I just submitted the OP's link to Snopes. Will post their reply when I get the email. Amazing if true!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
Chinese Boy with Night Vision DEBUNKED (AGAIN)

youtu.be...
I don't see how this opinion piece actually debunks the child's claimed ability. Only proper scientific testing in controlled conditions can really prove anything, one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 03:27 AM
link   

edit on 28-9-2014 by CthulhuMythos because: Double post occurred, not sure how that can happen with one click of a button.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Chinese special forces will snap this lad right up, covert missions in the dark!

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   

www.livescience.com...

Adam Hickenbotham, an optometrist and clinical researcher at the University of California, Berkeley, contacted us to say he believes Nong has a mild case of ocular albinism. This would explain the boy's lightly-pigmented irises, and would also cause him to have a lower than usual amount of pigment in his retinas. this would make them appear slightly reflective, and would cause Nong to have difficulty seeing in bright light.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join