It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America is OBSESSED with race! Why?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
a reply to: Spider879

Hey everything I just said comes straight from their own people, so what do I care? I don't need to cross check if their love for chairman Mao matches their current party's doctrine or not.
All of the people in the liberal left's top are all of those different things and 99% of them all admitted these affiliations long ago, and some also discovered linked to communist organizations.

So when you reply and attempt to show me that the statements I made conflict with the textbook account of those beliefs, go tell it to Harry Reid, Or Obama's Mama, or one of his appointee's, but don't come to me and complain since this isn't about me.
But you sure wanted to make it that way. These people would chew you down and spit you into the street quicker than goose snot, and yet here you are whining and squirming over them like they love you or something..\

What is that called? Co-dependent syndrome? A beaten wife who keeps defending her obscenely abusive husband? Yeah, you're doing it just like that.

What ??.. exactly who are the Commies with a love for Mau you are alluding to appointed by Obama,there is no commie conspiracy but I can show you right wing nut jobs who want to roll back the clock to some fantasy 1950ts leave it to beaver era when blacks knew their place,women in the kitchen is your only option in life and Gays pretending not to so as to not get beat down or committed.

What communists? Howabout Van Jones just for starters? Don't know him either? Did you know he is a publically admitted commie? Did you know he started to talk all kinds of crazy stuff about how Obama and him were going to totally transform America to their view?

Did you know he is still on Obama's official Whitehouse Payroll? No? @ 120K per year too, but Obama silenced him because we all know we can't do those things out in the open, people might complain.

You have no clue whatsoever what is going on and so far, all I have seen come from your replies is the most utter ignorance and intellectual bankruptcy, or maybe just sheer delusional advocacy, that I've ever had to witness. Blah, done with ya. foo

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
As Americans we treat one another worse than we would to any foreigner.

And don't get me wrong, I know this issue exists in countries the world over, but this topic is about America.

Empathy. Is the issue. Or lack thereof.

Many Americans don't even have the experience to show that other races are just like themselves. Unfortunately when you add the stress of an economic system to the mix, with added doubt and uncertainty, humans do tend to become tribal and shallow. The cultural attitude perpetuates the behavior and the behavior perpetuates the cultural attitude especially one grounded in historical context in an socio economic system that runs on domination and fear.
edit on 2014 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Hey everything I just said comes straight from their own people, so what do I care? I don't need to cross check if their love for chairman Mao matches their current party's doctrine or not.
All of the people in the liberal left's top are all of those different things and 99% of them all admitted these affiliations long ago, and some also discovered linked to communist organizations.

So when you reply and attempt to show me that the statements I made conflict with the textbook account of those beliefs, go tell it to Harry Reid, Or Obama's Mama, or one of his appointee's, but don't come to me and complain since this isn't about me.
But you sure wanted to make it that way. These people would chew you down and spit you into the street quicker than goose snot, and yet here you are whining and squirming over them like they love you or something..\

What is that called? Co-dependent syndrome? A beaten wife who keeps defending her obscenely abusive husband? Yeah, you're doing it just like that.

What ??.. exactly who are the Commies with a love for Mau you are alluding to appointed by Obama,there is no commie conspiracy but I can show you right wing nut jobs who want to roll back the clock to some fantasy 1950ts leave it to beaver era when blacks knew their place,women in the kitchen is your only option in life and Gays pretending not to so as to not get beat down or committed.

What communists? Howabout Van Jones just for starters? Don't know him either? Did you know he is a publically admitted commie? Did you know he started to talk all kinds of crazy stuff about how Obama and him were going to totally transform America to their view?

Did you know he is still on Obama's official Whitehouse Payroll? No? @ 120K per year too, but Obama silenced him because we all know we can't do those things out in the open, people might complain.

You have no clue whatsoever what is going on and so far, all I have seen come from your replies is the most utter ignorance and intellectual bankruptcy, or maybe just sheer delusional advocacy, that I've ever had to witness. Blah, done with ya. foo

Did you know all that came from right wing blog and commentators..sigh!..and go back to your bubble.goo nite.

posted on Sep, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: marbles87

I have come to find out that two Americans can not interact on any kind of level without their race being somehow relevant.

This is not always true...while in some very few cases yes, it isn't always the case.

The USA is a very young country, Americans come from all walks of life. We have almost every single ethnicity from all over the world living here, as Americans. We are a vastly diverse country and it's hard to explain that to someone who doesn't live in an ethnically diverse culture like the US.

We are proud of our heritage and proud to tell other Americans about our cultural ancestry. I am made up of many different heritages, Scottish, Welsh, English, Irish, French, Japanese and Native American. My niece is all the above plus Mexican and El Salvadorian and she speaks fluent English and Spanish at 6 years old. In fact, she's teaching me to speak Spanish

Americans are proud of who we are, we are proud to be a diverse culture, mostly anyway.

This country also got it's start with slavery, that only ended 150 years ago, that was only a few short generations ago.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

ROFL, you think Van Jones is just some right wing story?

I can see you are a contrarian thinker, and have been subsequently fully transmogrified by the liberal left's propaganda machine. You do exactly what they do in the news, on talk shows, newspaper articles, etc. Just make up anything you want without worrying if it even sounds intelligent or not, and scream it out as the truth. That is all they do day by day, just spout any kind of horse sheet, and look people in the eye and call it facts based solely on your ideal existence where nothing bad can come in. I love how you snap back with jumbled words like a sputtering Harry Reid did when caught in the BLM's constitutional debasement program a while back.

It is a sign of severe delusional psychopathy to meet every obstacle in your daily life by confronting anything contradictory to what you wish to be true, and then live on as if it were, by just stating some words that it is untrue. To accept things aren't going your way, would be devastating to just about all the idealist zealots which includes all of the elite left wing political machine on capitol hill including most of the republican party. They breach the constitution daily without regard, and when someone stands up and pummels them with exposure and harsh criticism, they just make up some BS to deny it. Same thing both sides do.

Wouldn't it be nice one day to not be in constant denial? Is it such a bad thing to live with both bad and good? No? K, just call it all good, and everything else that you don't like is garbage.

The left never needed anything factual or honest to commit to any agenda, since they simply do not know how. For them all they can think of to do is make it up as they go. That is how idealism works anyways, you have to "imagine" the best things are true, but it's like writing fiction and speaking it, so it is sadly very transparent, but that also has never stopped the sheep from following the jester.

And a note to add: Both the left and right are a machine that without the other, wouldn't function and create the divide you are defending. I have a feeling this post is wasted anyway, since you don't seem to understand anything outside your idealist views, and it's doubtful you even understand the views you do speak of, because it looks like you just repeat what some left wing pundit was spouting, and that's about the limit of what you seem to know.

Let me see a response with some content that includes a few minutes of intellectual pondering, and not just fiction writing next time.

edit on 29-9-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: true to untrue correction

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

The only ones obsessed with race is you and maybe Astyanax. Having grown up in America, I've never had a racial issue with anyone. Some of my girlfriends were black, Asian, white, as were many of my friends.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Auricom

So: sample of one. Then?

'I don't have a problem, therefore there is no problem'?

edit on 29/9/14 by Astyanax because: of these people.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
The race issue is EVERYWHERE.....not just the US. And it really isn't about race, it is about being different. The race part is just an excuse to either discriminate or judge others.....it happens every day in every society. Put a bunch of toddlers in a room and see how they interact together....some will play with others and some will not....they don't know what race is nor anything else about the kids they don't play with, but there is something about the kids they don't play with that they don't like.

Race is just an excuse...same with religion, etc....

It is simple human nature to judge and discriminate against people for a variety of reasons. I liken it to a higher awareness of those around you. I can't blanket state that all blacks are ghetto, but I can say that I have had run-ins with some that are. I can't say all Muslims are bad, but I can say that they are the most reported about on the terrorism front world wide. I can't say all white people are racist, but I can say that I have met some that are.

Racism runs the gamut around the world...you probably hear more about it in the US because our makeup is that of people from all around the world. When you mix that many races/religions/etc....you are going to have issues.

Discrimination and such follow the same path as human nature....the path of least resistance. It is easier to just point at someone and say they are bad because they are different, rather than having to take an actual look at the person and determining they are bad because they do not hold the same moral and values that you do. Then you get into the slippery slope of who has better morals and values.

It is a never ending loop really. See, I look at the Muslim extremist population as being the responsibility of the Muslim people. If they don't want to be associated, then go wipe the extremists of the earth and teach them a lesson.....do not misconstrue religion for nefarious purposes.

I am so over the religious and race crap that hits the news everyday here in the US though. Offer all those that hate the US, yet still live here, a one-way ticket to wherever they want to go in the world with a stipulation that they can't come back for 10 years.......I would bet less than 5% would take it. So to all those that complain about the US not being equal and politically correct.....go somewhere with people that care, quit trying to spread your hate and fear everywhere.....your problems are NOT my problems. I don't care about your religion or your race. I care about living in a kind society where neighbors help eachother out. Don't come to my door asking if I know god and expect me to keep the door open for your ramblings.....I promise I won't come to your door and try to get you to buy a Quantum AEL500. If I am not asking you about it, I don't really care to hear about it, and certainly not have it forced on me.

If you don't like the way things are run in this country then leave.....my guess is you will like how it is run in other countries even less.

Sorry for the rant, but I am SO over all this race/religion BS.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Race is not an inherent issue for humankind. Thats like saying its within all of us to be a 'little bit of a Nazi' - I suppose Nazi apologists would use that one as well.

South Africa and Germany as well known examples of racist practices have come to terms with their past, at least acknowledged that there were significant problems and identified the perpetrators and the victims. Even now, there remain problems, however, a pathway can be seen to the rainbow ahead.

The US on the other hand, has yet to address the initial issue of the perpetrator and the victim and instead in many people's mind are trying to skip ahead vital parts of the healing process in the desire to reach the end. It doesn't work that way; each part of the journey must be taken; each aspect of the crimes must be admitted, acknowledged and understood both by teaching historically accurate information in a mature manner, and also by having an consensual approach which is mutually resprectful.

Revionism is a desire to avoid painful truths that undermine current lies. There is far too much in the US of this and it makes people ignorant, it perpetuates pain and it means that the US will forever be stuck as a stage that other countries who experienced similar issues long got past and are now tackling the healing part.

If the US waits until its demographic changes and resentment still remains, there could very well be more ugliness ahead.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedog1973

South Africa and Germany... have come to terms with their past... there remain problems, however, a pathway can be seen to the rainbow ahead.

The US on the other hand, has yet to address the initial issue of the perpetrator and the victim and instead in many people's mind are trying to skip ahead vital parts of the healing process in the desire to reach the end. It doesn't work that way; each part of the journey must be taken; each aspect of the crimes must be admitted, acknowledged and understood both by teaching historically accurate information in a mature manner, and also by having an consensual approach which is mutually resprectful.

This is exactly what I have been saying throughout this thread.

On this, however...

Race is not an inherent issue for humankind.

...I beg to differ.

Social animals are friendly towards kin — the nearer the relationship, the more likely they are to bond and live peaceably together. However, when they meet individuals or groups of the same species that are not members of the kin group, a confrontation ensues, in which one or more of the animals may be killed.

Amongst primitive peoples, we see exactly the same pattern, except that when two members of different tribes meet, one or the other nearly always ends up dead.

A selective preference for those who share our genes — and hostility towards those who don't — is natural to humans as it is to all social animals. It is built into us by our selfish genes through the processes of natural selection.

Genetic relationship is revealed by external markers (appearance, scent, sound, etc.), exactly as 'race' is.

Racism is natural. We are all born racists, and some of us, unfortunately, stay that way.

Civilization is, essentially, the management of animal instincts for the good of the individual. One of its aspects is that civilized humans treat more distantly related conspecifics as primitive folk treat fellow members of the band or tribe. We extend our 'circle of kin' wider and wider — nation, nation-state, coreligionists, all of humanity.

That, incidentally, is why the only way forward for humanity is a single global state — decentralized, quasi-democratic and minimalist, but a single state all the same.

edit on 29/9/14 by Astyanax because: my genes made me do it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I would love to peacefully co-exist. The problem is most don't. I'm not naive, there's some places where they want me dead for the color of my skin. Everyone forgot the golden rule, 'One should treat others as one would like others to treat oneself'. You can't say it's one sided and all one races fault. It is all of them.

PS: I am not ashamed to be white and I have no guilt. I do not think we are better than anyone else so don't take that and get it twisted. Look into yourselves and ask what is right. I made my peace with humanity. It's their turn to do the same.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

If I told you guys that there was a time in America,that "White" as a working concept never existed would you believe me?? strange but true,in it's formative years I am speaking of pre-independence America there were no white people in a political sense,they understood ,there were Irish, French,English,Negro Indians etc even Jews, Christians and Muhammadans ,anyone of these could be a slave or slave holder with the exception of the Muhammadans could not hold Christian slaves. the great divide came on the heals of rebellions of Black,white and Indian slaves running off together the black code laws put an end to that,but even before that the Bacon rebellion which was a water shed as after that event Blacks were made permanent slaves,whites who were former slaves started to receive better treatment and services the distinction was white skin these were made into slave patrols by the planter class as the centuries wore on the riffs would widened culminating in the Black code mentioned above no longer were we in the same fight..off course one should make rm for exceptions, It is in this sense America cannot get over it's racial obsession.
Our split was a deliberate move by the 1% of their day they did their divide and conquer well,yet my feeling here is many will take note and simply brush this to the side as passe in another thread a poster asked if White Privilege was a thing, my answer to that was yes and I gave examples of the how here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Btw as late as Benjamin Franklin's time Socially White was not full formed

Which leads me to add one Remark: That the Number of purely white People in the World is proportionably very small. All Africa is black or tawny. Asia chiefly tawny. America (exclusive of the new Comers) wholly so. And in Europe, the Spaniards, Italians, French, Russians and Swedes, are generally of what we call a swarthy Complexion; as are the Germans also, the Saxons only excepted, who with the English, make the principal Body of White People on the Face of the Earth. I could wish their Numbers were increased. And while we are, as I may call it, Scouring our Planet, by clearing America of Woods, and so making this Side of our Globe reflect a brighter Light to the Eyes of Inhabitants in Mars or Venus, why should we in the Sight of Superior Beings, darken its People? why increase the Sons of Africa, by Planting them in America, where we have so fair an Opportunity, by excluding all Blacks and Tawneys, of increasing the lovely White and Red? But perhaps I am partial to the Complexion of my Country, for such Kind of Partiality is natural to Mankind.

www.historycarper.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Got it a little wrong. Everyone on the planet Earth is of the "Human" race. Where it is different is country of origin. Now that statement can be made that more black Americans are killed than white Americans would be factually correct.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join