It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 U.S. Banks Each Have More Than 40 Trillion Dollars In Exposure To Derivatives

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This bombshell will explode eventually.

And when it does, the 2008 meltdown will be dwarfed.

Apparently derivatives exposures is a major play by many big banks.

Not just U.S. banks either.

This story claims $280 Trillion is at stake !!

JPMorgan Chase

Total Assets: $2,476,986,000,000 (about 2.5 trillion dollars)

Total Exposure To Derivatives: $67,951,190,000,000 (more than 67 trillion dollars)

Citibank

Total Assets: $1,894,736,000,000 (almost 1.9 trillion dollars)

Total Exposure To Derivatives: $59,944,502,000,000 (nearly 60 trillion dollars)

Goldman Sachs

Total Assets: $915,705,000,000 (less than a trillion dollars)

Total Exposure To Derivatives: $54,564,516,000,000 (more than 54 trillion dollars)

Bank Of America

Total Assets: $2,152,533,000,000 (a bit more than 2.1 trillion dollars)

Total Exposure To Derivatives: $54,457,605,000,000 (more than 54 trillion dollars)

Morgan Stanley

Total Assets: $831,381,000,000 (less than a trillion dollars)

Total Exposure To Derivatives: $44,946,153,000,000 (more than 44 trillion dollars)

Good info in the article......
5 U.S. Banks Each Have More Than 40 Trillion Dollars In Exposure To Derivatives

Who Will Bailout

the Next Crash?

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know that the TOO big to fail never got rid of the junk investments, they took the tax payer money and pay themselves first, because thanks to the whores in congress that the investment banks have in their pockets will bail them out again at our expenses.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Oh yeah...that's normal. Its supposed to do all that opposite money mathematical stuff. That's why it works so well.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Who Will Bailout

the Next Crash?

You will, and your children, and your children's children, and your children's children's children, and your children's children's children's children, and your.... - ahhh you get it.

edit on 25-9-2014 by James1970 because: children's children's children's children's children

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Just keep arguing amongst yourselves about gay marriages, abortions, and race crap and leave all the important stuff to the 1%.

Nothing to see here. SQUIRRLE!!

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
This is why we argued that it should have been allowed to come down the first time around. Now that we've propped it up, we've only put it off and when math catches up with us, it will be magnitudes worse.

But, of course, when we finally got fed up with Congress and took to the streets as the TEA Party ... everyone said we were too extreme.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Note that at the end of last year, in an almost unanimous vote, the idiots of capitol hill removed the protection in the 2008 Dodd-Frank bill in which taxpayers would never again be on the hook for bank derivative gambling losses. Now, why would they do that, unless they know what's fixing to happen?? We're all screwed.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
If the US populace is to bail out the banks a second time, I really do hope it gets ugly. If Americans roll over and take it again, as Jeb Clampat would say: "Pee-dee-full".

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Not to worry. The rich and powerful are well buffered. Go team! Go team! Rah Rah Rah!!
Oh ... wait. I'm not on the team??

I'm betting there'll be a re-set (currency reissue) when the collapse actually hits. It'd probably be a good idea to have 3 - 6 months worth of non-perishable food stores in your basement. The peppers are gonna have a field day saying, "See? I told ya so."

Anybody heard anything lately on the Amero? LOL

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There's nothing left for anyone to bail out anything.

It's all in the plan.

The grand and final plan.

Hope you've all got your cases of toilet paper and tomato soup stocked up....

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
You're Right on that Marg6043, They know we are so dependent on their flawed system and Normalcy Bias Pervades all corners of our Society. No one wants to be woken up to the fact that there are Bad Players throughout our Financial System. They'd rather just not hear about it and have The Politicos Pay their Friends and Family off again and stick us with the bill (Higher Taxes) over and over again. JUST GETTING A LITTLE TOO MUCH! Peace and good reply
Arjunanda a reply to: marg6043

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Preppers are made fun of, they are suspect by the establishment of being terrorists.
They are "extremists".

Yet when the unavoidable comes to pass, they will be sought after. They will be prey.

Tough to win as a prepper.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
There's nothing left for anyone to bail out anything.

It's all in the plan.

The grand and final plan.

Hope you've all got your cases of toilet paper and tomato soup stocked up....

exactly.. I'm not sure why people think there will be another bailout. Money won't have enough meaning for it to be worth having or not having. I hope I have enough time to make money and turn it into valuables like food and water before the next crash, or the next world war. Otherwise I see myself becoming a low paid slave for whoever can feed me.

I would hope for a reset button. It would be easy since EVERYBODY owes money or has made bets that are too big to work when everyone else owes money. The problem with a reset of all banks, loans and everything liquid is that not enough people would die. I think that's what they think. I hope I'm wrong.

any reset would cause death as money transports food, goods, and services.. But a peaceful controlled reset would have more value tied into it.

edit on 25-9-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Star and Flag Xuenchen, When you see these numbers, you know how screwed we'll all be after these Highly Educated Barely Functional Swindlers crash The Finances of this country Again. Good Thread, I do like the stuff you post here Arjunanda a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Still think wealth is real. A certain group of people have been declared wealthy and are treated as such. This big money is made up.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Still think wealth is real. A certain group of people have been declared wealthy and are treated as such. This big money is made up.

yes.

And when the percentage of made up money is at least 900% of "real" money. (fractional reserve banking).... then well you know. They can control it all.

its odd when your friends from within government agencies start buying up bikes and filling their own ammo...
edit on 25-9-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Yeah Roadgravel and That is know as Selection Bias. Good Post and A Star for you
Peace, Arjunanda a reply to: roadgravel

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

No to worry, banks are getting ready now to sell the newest scam in the making "global warming" when they start selling carbon credits for profit.

That is the next endeavor.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: arjunanda

No to worry, banks are getting ready now to sell the newest scam in the making "global warming" when they start selling carbon credits for profit.

That is the next endeavor.

They will package the Carbon Credit certificates into phantom securities.

Just like the mortgages.

Carbon Backed Securities !!

CO2 Burp

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Its a death star configuration! I had to read up on derivatives, but it appears that if Goldman Sachs for instance, had 1/54th of their derivates called in, it would be all their assets. But that presumably doesn't matter, as they would have that contingency covered with other derivatives through other banks, covering their exposure.

So its this super powerful money making machine, armored on every side, except the unique possibility will always exist of a small event with calls in assets of one bank, which draws a bunch from another bank, which destabilizes a tottering industry, which lowers market confidence, which causes another tottering business to collapse, which creates a chain reaction where derivatives called in exceed all assets (because all the banks are insuring each other) which blows up the entire industry because they're all connected through derivatives...Whereas if they weren't the bad event would be contained to a few unfortunate businesses and competition would commence.

So its super powerful, except for certain points which will arise with the potential to blow up all of Wall Street. Its a death star configuration.
edit on 25-9-2014 by tridentblue because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join