It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Zombies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I came very close to putting this in "The Grey Area". If this belongs somewhere else please move.

News from Liberia;

Two Ebola patients, who died of the virus in separate communities in Nimba County have reportedly resurrected in the county.

allafrica.com...

Personally I'm skeptical of theses patients being properly diagnosed, I've seen other articles about people rising from the "dead".
However, as unlikely as it sounds, IF it did happen it would have to start somewhere.

News of the resurrection of the two victims has reportedly created panic in residents of Hope Village...

Just a heads up, that's all.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Oh lord. Lets throw this into the fire along with everything else surrounding Ebola I guess.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Don't they also need to start chasing people? A zombie is kind of useless if doesn't attempt to infect others.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
Don't they also need to start chasing people? A zombie is kind of useless if doesn't attempt to infect others.

Nah man lazy zombies are the best kind to get, if we're gonna have a zombie apocalypse lets at least be thankful they are the lazy zombie genus.
edit on 24-9-2014 by clenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Going to sound a bit weird, but I was hoping I would live to see the day.

Any kind of apocalyptic event would be cool, terrifyingly cool.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think only a small, small percentage could ever be misconstrued as zombies (some kind of psychosis) but it's a rare symptom in late stages.

If anything, this case shows how the medical staff trying to help these people are woefully inadequate. Years ago people would fear premature burial so they'd pay people to watch their bodies till they starting to decompose.

With the confusion, panic, overload of patients and lack of supplies, time and manpower, I can imagine someone somewhere would be declared dead in the hot zone, while they're comatose or near death.

This happens in America too. People are declared dead and they "rise" minutes to hours later. We barely understand life, death is a complete unknown. S + F, reminds me of the kid who bit the doctor in the hot zone, now that's a zombie

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Always double tap, good luck everyone

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

Blades don't need reloading.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
You know I actually dreamed of Ebola Zombies about a month or two ago. I got infected in that dream. My mate shot me with a shotgun. Good bro!

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ebola Zombies....

As tragic as this sounds these are exactly the types of threads that drew me to ATS in the fist place.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Who knows? Maybe it'll mutate and cause dementia and people spitting blood? No idea but I've had similar dreams.

When I think zombies I think 28 Days Later, bleeding and biting/scratching/spitting/vomiting to spread the virus.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
When I think zombies I think 28 Days Later, bleeding and biting/scratching/spitting/vomiting to spread the virus.

Yeah the newer movies have a place in the Zombie genre for sure but for me it's the classics *Before Zombies became Olympic sprinters...

edit on 24-9-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

The only way I could see a zombie being real is a rage zombie. However, to me the best zombies are classic Romero and Fulci ones.

IMO, the best Romero zombies were from Day of the Dead. Rotten and growling.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: n00bUK

Be cool too... to watch you crap your pants while u run.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The best one for Zombies is Rabies.
But it needs a very slow infection speed.
so it can spread fast.

all of a suden your mate goes crasy over a glass of water.
and rips your face off!
some one with rabies is Just like a crasy zombie.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tanda7

My thoughts are that these people had their bodies shutdown and fight off the virus.

I don't really know how possible this is but the quality of health care in Africa could have resulted in them being pronounced dead without proper checks - plus nobody really wants to check an Ebola corpse for signs of life with such hysteria so widespread.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Awesome, the Zombie Apocalypse cometh
hope you all have your Zombie rounds at the ready

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: buddha
The best one for Zombies is Rabies.
But it needs a very slow infection speed.
so it can spread fast.

all of a suden your mate goes crasy over a glass of water.
and rips your face off!
some one with rabies is Just like a crasy zombie.

The effects in people are much more benign. The inability to drink liquids (or for that matter to eat, I believe) is characteristic. The virus first invades the central nervous system where it incubates. In order for it to spread to other people it needs to first start spreading to the saliva glands. When it has spread to the saliva glands the infection spreads into the brain and it causes the person to be unable to swallow and increases saliva production. This actually assists the virus in spreading to hosts. This usually happens within half a month of death. In sum, the time to infect others is short and it's accompanied by sumptoms. For this to spread well death would have to take longer and the symptoms would have to be much more subtle.

They start losing brain function and become bed ridden. Bcause they're unable to swallow and are no longer able to spit into glasses or bowls, they foam at the mouth until they're dead. They don't die from lack of water, they die from the brain not performing vital functions.

Paranoia and a sort of listlessness has bee noted in people afflicted with it. In animals, they tend to either be lethargic or sometimes violent, depending on the advancement of the infection.

Rabies is very rare. Only 2-5 people in the US die per year. The fatality rate is over 99% if the person does not recieve vaccination soon enough for hte antibodies to build. It's much more common In India and in other countries where vaccinations are unaffordable for most. Even in the US it's expensive and supply is limited, so anybody who wants vaccination needs a lot of supporting evidence. Fortunatley, it's very cheap to vaccinate pets, and when people do have hte evidence needed, a vaccination is mostly affordable to working people.

Since something like 30,000 people die in India per year from this, there should be lots of cases of "Zombies", but there're none. That's because this is not the same thing. Most people die on beds, with an empty expression on their face and spit foaming out their mout.

Thankfully, rabies doesn't spread between people effectively. It's not airborne. People don't bite each other nearly as much as animals do. And by the time somebody is drooling, they'll show many symptoms, so it's not like it can easily surprise anyone.

Carefully read all that. There's noithing fun about this. A real entertaining zombie apocalypse only exists in our imagination.
edit on 24-9-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   

It is so sad to see the world of today. People find humor and joy in suffering and death. Empathy has been replaced with lust. When I was a younger man I also wished for a zombie plague but as a grew older my thoughts turned towards wanting to keep my family safe and happy.

I am sorry but I do not find joy or humor in suffering and maybe I am being too serious but where should we draw the line? Things like death,suffering,pain,agony,heartache are not funny or cool. We have seen such good times and live such easy lives we do not even understand what suffering is anymore. Empathy is a learned trait.
edit on 25-9-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

I would not go as far as to hope for this but as the wife and I were watching the walking dead last night, We talked about appocalypse scenarios and we both agreed that a zombie infection would be the most "fun". Not that people dying would be fun, that isn't my point but compared to natural occurences (EQ, Great Flood, Astreoids, etc) at least with these types we have a slight chance to fight back and survive!

If these "resurected people" start to chew on others, Im bunkering down!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join