It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could This Invention Spark a Global Revolution?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

“We’re going to save the world…It’s chicken to be a realist,” the inventors said.

A pair of Swedish women have developed a revolutionary solution to implementing bike safety: the invisible bike helmet.

“We’re going to save the world…It’s chicken to be a realist. An invisible bike helmet is a symbol of the impossible,” the design duo said.

The women developed the invention as an exam project after being fed up with uncomfortable, restrictive normal helmets.

They collected accident reports and studied movement patterns drawing upon a number of engineering technologies.

Seven years later the revolutionary invention was complete – protection without wearing anything on your head.

“Cars are so yesterday. Bikes are the future! If people say it’s impossible, then we have to prove them wrong. If we can do that, we can do anything.” They excitedly uttered.

This is awesome! I want one.
worldtruth.tv...

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is absolutely amazing!

I'm just speechless.... S& F!

Eta: Any idea where I can get one of these?
edit on 21-9-2014 by DustbowlDebutante because: Add

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I think I'd rather wear a nice light ventilated bike helmet than a nylon and plastic scarf around my neck that would only activate in certain situations.

These will never legally or practically replace a rigid helmet.

Going to have to call it a gimmick.

Sorry.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
It's an interesting idea but that airbag would have to made of something very durable. Unlike in a car where the most likely impact to the bag is going to be your face, on a bike out in the open that bag would be easily punctured upon impact with many things. I would think. Didn't see that addressed in the video.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
After watching the video again, I'm wondering if this device could also provide extra protection to the neck and cervical spine? My son was hit by a car while on his bike two years ago, and while the damage to his head was significant, so was the damage to his neck. The top two vertebrae in his neck were dislocated and all of the muscles, tendons and ligaments in the right side of his neck were torn. As a result, he spent months in the most cumbersome and uncomfortable brace you can imagine.

If they can show that this device can also protect the neck in an accident, it could possibly afford better protection than a traditional helmet.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

edit on -05:0036149552014-09-21T10:55:36-05:00 by Psynic because: Image not available, moderators please delete.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
some dudes did a similar thing a couple of years ago. I think they got Matt Lauer to try it out on the Today Show. since they didn't really save the world, i suspect these chicks won't either..

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i guess this could be a good idea fo some one two use but I want my three minouts back from wacthing this vid lol

defantly not saveing the world.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Some people will probably buy it just because it's invisible, but people will still not like the feel of it on the sides of their face. Invisibility does not make insensibility. People will still be able to feel it even if it is invisible.

Unless they can make an invention that turns a person invisible, there will not be a global revolution, even then, it probably wouldn't start a global revolution because once people start opening doors or trying to open safes at banks to get the money, people will be able to see movement even though they don't see a person and will know what's going on.

All a person would have to do is put powder on the ground, probably flour to make the invisible person footsteps "show up" or through powder/flour in the air to hope that it'll get on them so they can know where they are...

So, in conclusion, the short answer is no, this invisibility thing alone will not create a global revolution.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So, either wear a bike helmet or a massive inflatable scarf.

I will continue to wear my bike helmet, which is light and comfortable.

Each to our own and in no way against innovations like this, but...

Regards

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ok. Very nice!

I could not however help letting out a sigh.........at more 'safety' equipment!

I am not knocking, whatever it may appear, this invention by these clever ladies.........but...

When 'we' were young we didn't have these 'elf and safety 'requirements'.

We didn't need to be saved, molly coddled, bubble wrapped, cocooned from every eventuality!

I was telling my children.......in their twenties and thirties about my experience when I was young and my husband's when he was young.

1. We had NO seatbelts in our cars.........and we survived accidents! Hell, I even fell out of a fast moving car on a French motorway when I was 2 - 3 years old.........I'm fine! I had no injuries when I fell out of the car.

2. We had no 'head gear' to protect us when we fell off our bikes! We survived all our falls!

3. As a teenager my husband was knocked off his motorbike and apart from a bad knee for a few months he was FINE!

We had no fireguards, stair gates (I fell down the stairs as a one year old and knocked out some teeth) I was FINE!!

We had no oven guards, heater guards, finger protectors on doors and cupboards! I was attacked by a dog on a couple of occassions.........I survived with a few bites! I was fine!!!

As a child I could protect myself with my fists if anyone seriously bothered me and wasn't afraid of getting into trouble for it because in those days you were allowed to DEFEND yourself!!

I had photos taken high up on cactus plants, on walls with 60 foot drops behind them, on the edge of precipices.....Hell, me and my dad were once encircled and nearly trampled to death by cows but my dad showed me (from his own childhood experiences) how to scare the living bejuzees out of cows! (I taught this skill to my sons when they went to work as land managers). They nearly pooped their pants BUT when their class was surrounded by angry cows they knew what to do to save themselves!

Life! Live it! Stop with all the fear!

Other than that........great invention........................for softies!!

edit on 21-9-2014 by Elliot because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
This was posted almost one year ago, here.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Elliot

I know this is off-topic but, how do you scare the cows? I must know. Thanks in advance

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Wear a horse collar that you have to replace every time your bike falls over? I don't see this going very far.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

We've seen this before.... in 1993, Demolition Man with Stallone.

I dont know why it has taken this long and still no corporation or private entity has incorporated this into cars.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Wow they really want people to stop using cars and switch to bicycles.

For the past two weeks all I've seen on Facebook has been the video of rush hour in the Netherlands, everybody's on a bicycle.

We already have the technology for cars to operate without poisonous fuels so there's no need to force everybody into The Giver with bicycles. It's a shame the future has already been mapped out and it always includes the little people relying on slow public mass transportation or walking or bicycling to work. No cars, no freedom, no individual choice in movement. Already we're seeing this with GPS trackers in cars, self-driving vehicles. Constant restrictions eventually add up and no one wants to or can afford a car. So it's bicycle, moped or walking.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
What if it goes off accidently and causes an accident?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: kalunomOK. Stand your ground and make yourself as 'big' as possible then.....ROAR from the very heart of your guts..............DEEP and POWERFUL!

I remember my father doing this when we walked through a field of cows that had their young with them......but they felt threatened because we had our large dog with us! The cows literally leapt backwards with alarm and my father ROARED again.....they RAN!

I demonstrated this to my sons and they nearly jumped out of their socks and i'm a small 5 ft woman and I ROARED......because I knew one day they would need to know......Turns out they did....and it probably saved them.

Hope you can imagine what I am saying and that you never have to use it!

I believe it would probably work with many other types of 'threatening' situations also!

Apologies to OP for being a little off topic but it is an 'elf and safety issue!

edit on 21-9-2014 by Elliot because: spelling

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Could This Invention Spark a Global Revolution?

No, not unless there is a Mr. Fusion hidden in there as well.

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wear what is essentially a heavy, insulated scarf while doing exercise/activity?

No thanks!

This product seems to be fashion over function. Wonder how much it costs?

As for sparking a global revolution.. I can't even fathom how that would happen. Id be interested to hear the reasoning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join