It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cliven Bundy's Cows - are in the news again

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The countries most famous free grazers cows are once again in the news:

A Las Vegas woman has sued Cliven Bundy after she crashed into one of his cows on Interstate 15. The cow was killed, and the 40-year-old Beck suffered broken bones and other injuries when her boyrfiend crashed into the livestock and drove over an embankment about 10 miles from Bundy’s ranch in Bunkerville.

Bundy admitted the cow was his, but he said the state is responsible for maintaining the fence that keeps his livestock off the interstate. “It’s a state problem, it’s not our problem,” Bundy said. “We really feel bad when it happens. We sure don’t want it to happen, but we’re not liable.”

source

I know it was probably Reid who cut the fence.... right?
edit on 20-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: added the - (dash) to the tittle

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

A Las Vegas woman has sued Cliven Bundy after she crashed into one of his cows on Interstate 15. The cow was killed, and the 40-year-old Beck suffered broken bones and other injuries when her boyrfiend crashed into the livestock and drove over an embankment about 10 miles from Bundy’s ranch in Bunkerville.

Bundy admitted the cow was his, but he said the state is responsible for maintaining the fence that keeps his livestock off the interstate. “It’s a state problem, it’s not our problem,” Bundy said. “We really feel bad when it happens. We sure don’t want it to happen, but we’re not liable.”

source

Free beef? Isn't that what happens when you hit animals on the road?

I would have had the tow truck come and haul it to the butcher, because hey, if he didn't know it was missing, then that's his problem.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: WarminIndy

originally posted by: AlaskanDad

source

Free beef? Isn't that what happens when you hit animals on the road?

I would have had the tow truck come and haul it to the butcher, because hey, if he didn't know it was missing, then that's his problem.

mmmmm....Road Pie!

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
From the OP's link:

Bundy said he was within his rights to make a claim against Beck for the loss of his livestock.

“The person whose car hit that cow is liable to me,” Bundy said.

Bundy is an unmitigated arse.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Olivine
From the OP's link:

Bundy said he was within his rights to make a claim against Beck for the loss of his livestock.

“The person whose car hit that cow is liable to me,” Bundy said.

Bundy is an unmitigated arse.

He might have a point, there are odd laws about livestock in this country, I don't know about the states..but legality copped on to this yonks ago. A case in point, the band I once played with, we had a crash when the coach hit a bullock, we ended up in a field, the coach destroyed a heap of fencing, almost destroyed the coach, and killed the bullock. We were liable to the farmer and had to reimburse him for the fence as it turned out that field was his and not the grazing one BTW, and we had to pay for the bullock. We also repaired the coach ourselves rather than get insurance penalties. The law is that the farmer is not liable for his cattle at night time in that situation, and it was 2 or 3am when we crashed. The farmer may have had liabilities had the crash happened in daytime. I could be wrong, but I dare say something similar would apply in the US.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Just in time for the next blood moon.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Olivine

First I agree about Bundy.

But under normal circumstances it could be the drivers fault in hitting open range cows; though with the questions as to whether Mr Bundy has rights to graze his cattle there he could be liable.

edit on 20-9-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

This pretty much forces the issue to a point where someone has to decide the grazing rights issue in order to find justice over the incident. Seems scripted by higher powers.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The man makes me want to go shoot every single last cow of his dead. He refuses to help pay fees for any upkeep of land, he refuses to keep them on his own damn property, he wants everyone but him to foot the bill and he wants every dime in his pocket as profit.

F him and his Damn cows. I really really want to go and shoot every single cow.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Hold on, it's the states fault that the cow was out there so the driver can't go after Bundy but he can go after the driver for hitting it?
Shouldn't he go after the state cause it is their fault the fence wasn't maintained which lead to the cow getting hit?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I smell a Harry Reid somewhere.

This could be revenge for the Bundy Boondoggle.

We need to research that lawyer.

I bet there's a connection to Reid.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I guess it is a good thing for you to vent here then. I could take the bait and go on and on over your feelings on this but... you get what you give.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I think it would be more fun to let as many cows into his house as will fit.
Maybe just the paddies?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Never had one of mine hit in the road, but I do know of others who have.....the owner of the livestock was always liable for damages and injury......At least that's here in Ga.......I do believe it varies from state to state, but from what I could find, most states, even the western ones with 'open range' consider the owner responsible, and have since the 1980's.

Surely there are some other cases that have set a 'precedent' ?

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Of course it was, of course it was Reid...

... and yes we know Obummer told him to do it.

Of course it's a progressives plot to steal land from Mr Bundy that the government already owns.

Please calm down, Please calm down help is on the way!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Well maybe Obama had his feelings hurt with the massive BLM failure.

Obama holds grudges and is extremely jealous when faced with realities.

Harry Reid is the same way.

edit on Sep-20-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think all those gubermint guys are a vindictive bunch or holes......Dirty Harry has got to be behind it.....

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: frayed1
Never had one of mine hit in the road, but I do know of others who have.....the owner of the livestock was always liable for damages and injury......At least that's here in Ga.......I do believe it varies from state to state, but from what I could find, most states, even the western ones with 'open range' consider the owner responsible, and have since the 1980's.

Surely there are some other cases that have set a 'precedent' ?

You just said there was precedent in your post. If that is how the courts ruled that is precedent. Never sell yourself short. Thank you.

Are the militias going to get called up again and set up sniper posts so Bessie the cow can cross the interstate highway when she feels like it?
Maybe some of them people who sang lovely songs when they had a job could come help out.

Rather than someone keep in his livestock on his own property or suffer the consequences of what happens when half ton animals turn into a bad driver's education example.

(post by AlaskanDad removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Harry is a Mormon.

Well maybe a Mormon-Taliban.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join