It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sorry, wrong number---Not

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Keep in mind the wife and I only just moved back to Colorado. That means aside from the new address, we also have brand new cellphones, with accompanying new numbers too. Obviously we've been getting a lot of phone calls from strangers--- folks looking for the last person who had that number.

Anyway last night after we got our girls to bed the wife and I were cuddled up on the sofa watching that new TV show, 'Extant'.
So there we were watching the little robot boy blow himself up to save his mommy, when I get this text message,

“Hey Babe... What RU doing?”

I don't recognize the number but still I text back,
“Watching TV with the wife. What RU doing?”

My wife looking over my shoulder asks who I'm talking with. Hell I don't know so I just shrug--- then look down at the reply.

The polite version of what this total stranger texed back would be---
"You A-hole, you never told me you were married!"
Trust me when I say she was far Far FAR more colorful with her choice of words...

Naturally I bust out laughing. The wife wants to know what's so funny so I show her the screen and say,
“Looks like someones in big trouble with his 'Ex-girlfriend'!

To be fair I did try to text her back to let her know I probably wasn't the person she was trying to reach... but she'd already blocked my number... Oh well....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
You should have carried on with it a bit..

"That's not the only thing you don't know about me..."

"I'm outside your window right now.."

"I have syphilis..."

And so on.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

I might have played with her for a bit...
but she flipped out on me and had me blocked before I could get that far...

LOL

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: HardCorps

Oh, that's fun!!!

I've moved so much and changed numbers so often, it has happened to me more than once. I've been asked if "I was holding". My reply, "yeah, my daughter. You should see how big she's getting"..."sry, wrong number".
Lately, a bank keeps calling looking for a Rianne about an important financial matter.
Ive started conversations with strangers that take at least a minute before they realize I'm not who they think I am. Good times.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

I actually had the reverse happen to me.
I tried calling this restaurant to make reservations...
got some nice ladies home by mistake...

when she explained I had the wrong number I said no prob, So what are you having for dinner and can I bring three guests over.

edit on 19-9-2014 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I think it's mean.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

How was I being mean?
She asked what I was doing and I told the truth...
How is it my fault she thought I was someone else?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

That is hilarious. Same situation with me in a recent move/ number change. I was getting all kinds of messages from what sounded like teens. Then I got the mother of all funny ones... it read:
" THE BABY ISN'T MINE!"
I lost it with laughter... Wanted to text back, It's not mine either. lmao...
But I politely inform they have the wrong number and to inquire personally with whom they are trying to contact.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Gotta admit that was a nice comic interlude for my workday. I'm still chuckling over it. Well played sir, well played.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I'm with Night Star on this one. You said yourself your new in town, new cell phone numbers, you must of had a pretty good idea that it was a wrong number. You could have just as easily said, who do you want to speak with? The fact that you think it's now funny only shows you enjoyed the maliciousness of it.

Did you ever consider the drama that this man will now have to go through? Or the hurt feelings of mistrust that this woman is going through?

Just my opinion and it's probably not going to be a popular one. Oh well. Got to love an open forum.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

When we got a family plan and added a few phone numbers to our service my daughter received texts all of the time from people asking "for a bag."

Some of them were more creative.. "Hey, are you gonna give me a ride to the Green Family Reunion!?"

She was around 11 at the time, so we had to have a father/daughter discussion about it. =\

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Other than your wife how many people call you "Babe"?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I think it's mean.

Out of curiosity, what would you and the person who starred your comment have done?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Ha! your story reminded me of a time waaaay back in 97 I think? I was at home with my not so great girlfriend from hell who was over. I get a phone call from a sultry female voice asking for someone who wasn't me. So I say, sorry wrong number. So she says, are you sure? and I replied yup, who's this? She says Dana (or whatever) and I respond, sorry I don't know a Dana. Then she says....would you like to? OH? my eyes go wide as I watch my gf shuffling around me, picking up things real close as I'm on the phone. A million thoughts go through my mind. I wasn't happy with her and I think under normal circumstances I would have played with this but then it occurred to me. TRAP this is a TRAP I know it!! This had woman 'test' written all over it and my gf was a criminal mastermind genius. Hot sexy sounding women don't call up strangers and ask if they would like to get to know them. So before I could say YES YES YES, I said, nope and hung up the phone. I will never know the truth but at least I've still got my balls.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: TinkerHaus

LOL!!!

Ive never heard that one before.
Yeah...that talk has gotten a LOT more complicated.
My gfs 10 year old had the lectures in his health class and is on the autism spectrum, just thinks in black and white (there are other issues but that's a story for another day), so he is all sorts of confused.

Reminds me of one of my other mystery callers..."Hey, 'toine there?" "Nah, man, he's not here..." some idle conversation followed until he finally realized "This ain't 'toine's house is it?" "Nope"
Ten minutes later...
"Hey yo, 'toine?"
"Nope. He's still not here..."
"Damn, you know 'toine's number?"
"I have no idea who toine is."
"#! Hey, you got some herb?"
"Sorry. Have a Nice day."

He called at least once a week for two MONTHS!

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

This one happened waaaay back in high school.
"Hello, this is the Special Olympics calling. May we speak with the owlbear's father?" I hunted down my dad who said just tell them he wasnt there. So I got back on the phone and said
"Ma'am? "
"Yes."
"Dad's not competing this year, thanks..."

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I starred Night Star's post. I would have considered being new in town, that it was a wrong number. Hardcore says he's married, so how many women call him Babe? With that being said, I would have intelligently and thoughtfully considered it was a wrong number and informed the caller of such or ask who she wanted to speak with.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

If I don't recognize the number, I sometimes say, "WHO DAT?". They usually stop talking after that.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Lol, man some people need to lighten up a bit in this thread. I think its hilarious and I would of done the same thing.

Peace.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I have to agree with the two other 'unpopular' posters on this. Just because you don't know who the person was doesn't mean you should cause them the kind of strife that it must have. I know you said you were blocked before you could explain further, so that somewhat exonerates you, but I would have right away just asked who it was. There was a feeling, caring real person on the other end you know?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join