It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS #5: Why The Apple Watch Sucks, Lying Democrats, and more...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: jedi_hamster
I used to use a prepay cell phone, and paid for minutes with a prepay credit card under a fake name. Now I just don't bother with a cell phone at all, who wants to be available 24/7 anyway?

Drug/gun/ho dealers...

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I REFUSE to buy the Apple Watch , anything Apple or even anything other than my Mini Disc player. I have been able to record and record over my same 5 discs since 1999! The technology then was better than it is now. What a joke Apple is. Can't even compete with my Mini Disc!

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Really gotta get a twitter account to get you to possibly address an issue? I call that NLBS. Also, he can say # 50 times but i cant type it and you endore him? NLBS. Also, had to click through a 40 foot tall dodge ram ad to see this... NLBS. ATS come back to me! You've wandered.

edit on 20-9-2014 by Bundy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
a reply to: SkepticOverlord
Ok I don't support the $15 a hour, I do support $10 a hour. Its the unions attempting to get $15 a hour, they are serving there own interests. Democrats are attempting to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 a hour, isn't this correct?

I'm a Journeyman Baker, if I worked a union job I would make $16 a hour. I would probably start at $13 or $14 a hour and achieve $16 in the first three years.

I'm also a Sous Chef non union and I would expect to earn between $13-$18 a hour at a four star hotel or restaurant. I have 30+ years experience in the food service industry, half of that time was some form of management. I have a working understanding of P&L or profit & loss systems and I run shift labor at between 12% and 14%, when the goal was to be under 22%.

You have to make sometimes on the level of $12ish a hour to avoid needing government benefits for a family, but $10 a hour would greatly save tax payer money by limiting the government assistance currently paid to folks making $7.50 a hour. The money saved by not paying out so much in assistance would goto tax breaks, a win win for all.

Tax breaks should be used, if a company works there employees at full time with benefits and a more liveable wage at $10ish a hour that company should get a nice tax break. If the company's employees are on government assistance they should be taxed heavily.

The difference in pay and benefits will work out to instead of McDonald's paying $.53 cents per share they would only pay $.45ish cents per share. The game is rigged for the corporation and has been for decades, instead of McyDs making $5 billion in profit they may only make $4 billion in profit, but the entire economy will grow and more will make more money and millions would not need so much welfare assistance. However if there employees are not drawing so much governmental assistance the tax break would compensate some of the loss, but the rich would still be getting richer each year.

In my humble opinion, my numbers are a educated guess, but I think it would work.

The government turned our main industry from a manufacturing economy to a service related economy. Manufacturing usually pays much more than the service industry.

The deal is this, companies dont give a # about workers. They answer to shareholders. Do any workers in these companies own stock in them? Extremely rare and unlikely. The wealthy own 80% of the stocks in this country (US). A lot of walmart/mcdonalds/corparatescumnamehere are paying extremely low wages, then their workers go on foodstamps which is essentially tax payer funding to supplement their low wages. I'm not saying they should drive a mercedes. I'm saying they should be able to drive a 1994 honda and put some hamburger meat in the fridge.

Of course some of it is the way of life here. Nearly everyone is suckered into attempting to live beyond their means here. They can afford X, but damn it they want Y whether they can pay the rent next month or not. Even though that is the case its still very rough for a frugal person to live some kind of a normal life on minimum wage.

Minimum wage may be meant for beginning workers, but thats not always how it works. There are plenty of older people who've worked their whole lives stuck in minimum wage jobs. Im not saying they worked there all this time, its just where they've ended up out of necessity. You lose a 20 dollar an hour job, and all you can find is minimum wage you'll take what you can get im sure.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

Me and my girlfriend bought macbooks at the same time, about 5 years ago. They both stopped working at the same time, about a month ago. Go figure!

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Great episode, keep up the good work!

I especially liked "Apple has become the Kim Kardashian of the technology world", class.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL
a reply to: jedi_hamster
I used to use a prepay cell phone, and paid for minutes with a prepay credit card under a fake name. Now I just don't bother with a cell phone at all, who wants to be available 24/7 anyway? If I go somewhere, to the beach or whatever, I don't go there to yack on the phone, text and surf the internet.

How are you obtaining a prepaid card with a fake name? They always want your SS number, unless you're talking about a gift card?

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
IN 1978 Al Franken was writing for SNL and I had the pleasure of meeting him. He was a very nice guy--very short with a huge head--but very friendly. Too bad he turned into such a horrible politician.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
new user here I agree

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

You're still not getting it... If they raise minimum wage to 10.10, then the person with skills or experience that was making 10 will want 12 the guy that was making 12 will want 14 and so on. You don't think that if that happens then prices remain the same and the corporations eat the difference do you????

If you think that, then you are naive, so maybe then government should mandate that prices shouldn't go up then too???

That's asinine and exactly what libtards want, total control over the market place, no free market.

What we need is MORE of a free market, no forced unions and incentives for small sole proprietorships and other small business.

That is the only way to limit corporate power.

Jaden

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
The difference in pay and benefits will work out to instead of McDonald's paying $.53 cents per share they would only pay $.45ish cents per share.

That is a catastrophic outcome, especially when projected across all the blue-chip and major corporate stocks that where earnings could be effected by a mandated rise in wages.

Such a down-turn in earnings would cause the stock prices to fall. And since the IRA's, pensions, and other retirement funds are heavily tied to such sticks, and mutual funds containing these stocks, the economic fallout would be significant.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039
It was a prepaid giftcard, yes, but it worked exactly as a credit card would until no more funds were left. And I could go and recharge it with more money instead of just keep getting a new one each use. To register, they only asked name and address, and didn't verify it anything. No reason to really, as you are only using money put on it already, why do they care what your name is or isn't. And prepay people taking my money ahead of time don't care what my name is either, because they don't got to bill me lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join