It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Auschwitz guard, 93, charged with 300,000 counts of accessory to murder

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
www.jpost.com...

German prosecutors have charged a 93-year-old man with 300,000 counts of accessory to murder for his service as a Nazi SS guard at Auschwitz during World War II.

Oskar Groening of Hannover, Germany, has acknowledged that he was a guard at Auschwitz but said he did not personally commit any of the atrocities, The Associated Press reported Monday. He was a guard at the concentration camp from May to June 1944. Some 425,000 Hungarian Jews came to Auschwitz during that time; about 300,000 were murdered in its gas chambers.

Took them long enough? I guess he's off to prison.

Groening, who is reportedly in good health, is one of about 30 former Auschwitz guards who were recommended by German federal investigators to be charged by state prosecutors following the conviction of John Demjanjuk, who died while his case was under appeal.

Some 20 Auschwitz victims and their families are co-plaintiffs in the case against Groening, according to AP.

For all those who deny the holocaust happened, what say you to this?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Took long enough! Gee at 93 even a slap on the wrist might kill him?

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
And no mention of how many gays/gipsy's or political prisoners etc just the 425.000 Hungarian jews

He might get community service and tagged

en.metapedia.org...
edit on 16/9/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder what good this will do?
Ninety three years old? Whats the point other than revenge?

Shouldn't we move on?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
He could be sentenced to community service.....

In Gaza.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
He could be sentenced to community service.....

In Gaza.

Sure that way Israel will still have a chance to kill him.

+27 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
In another article I read about him his job was to go through the clothes of the prisoners to look for money .
93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
It's strange that they are willing to go after this guy but do nothing to the people that backed Hitler and sold him the chemicals that were used to kill the Jews. If this guy were rich he wouldn't even be on trial.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
It's strange that they are willing to go after this guy but do nothing to the people that backed Hitler and sold him the chemicals that were used to kill the Jews.

I think they got around to that awhile back...

After World War II ended in 1945, the two directors of the Testa company, Bruno Tesch and Karl Weinbacher, were tried in a British military court, convicted of mass murder, and executed for their part in producing and distributing Zyklon B. source

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:41 PM
link   
425K added to one camp in one month in '44?

I would drag them through the courts and show me the names....

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In his book 'Behold a Pale Horse,' former US Naval Intelligence Officer William Cooper relates a story associated with the IG Farben Chemical Company.

In the early 1940s, that company employed a Polish chemist and salesman who sold cyanide gas, Zyklon B and Malathion to the Nazis for extermination of groups of people in Auschwitz.

After the war the salesman joined the Catholic church and was ordained a priest.

In 1958 he became Poland's youngest bishop and after Pope John Paul I's mysterious death, the ex-cyanide gas salesman Karol Wojtyla was elected to the papacy as Pope John Paul II in October 1978.

In March 2000, he publicly apologized not for his war effort, but for the wickedness of the Christian religion. The plea for forgiveness also sought to pardon the use of 'violence in the service of truth' an often used fragile and treoubling referenece to the Inquisition.

The apology read by the Pope was the result of four years of work by a panel of 28 theologians and scholars and was by far the most sweeping act by a leader of a major religion.

www.remnantofgod.org...

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

At this point I tend to think the same too. It really serves no purpose, especially putting someone on trial who wasn't one of the higher ups/masterminds. German citizens that fought the war were not necessarily evil people, many were just caught up in evil times, doing whatever they had to do to survive themselves.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

300,000 or 6,000,000?

Indirect accidental admission? Plenty YouTube videos now examining the empirical evidence... Or lack of it.

What a farse.
edit on 16-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Not Authorized

I'm sure they're only charging him for those at his camp. According to the article they tried to convict many times in the past but always lacked evidence. He's confessed and now charged.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I have read some revisionist history which calls into question the logistics of gassing and cremating hundreds of thousands of people in these modestly-sized camps in a relatively short period of time. That's one aspect of the story I'd like to see clarified.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
ATS does not allow discussion of holocaust denial so I guess you'll never know what we think about this.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I think it would be safe to say, we're going to disagree. I want empirical chain of evidence. Not hearsay.

93? Maybe mental issues? No evidence. Lol.

Besides, take a good long look at Palestine. If that happened as told, they should be the champions of anti genocide in the entire world. Are they?

Actions speak louder than words.
edit on 16-9-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

He's confessed and now charged.

Your own link says he confessed to being a guard only and not to any murders.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

I'm sure they're only charging him for those at his camp. According to the article they tried to convict many times in the past but always lacked evidence. He's confessed and now charged.

It is possible he has Dementia i am half his age and cannot remember last week , i am sure this is a show trial to take away news from other things like James Holmes case appearing now .

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Great, so when are we going to start prosecuting all the Jews who were running the Gulags?

when they turn 93 years old

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join