It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CDC issues Ebola checklist: 'Now is the time to prepare'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GreenMtnBoys

Yep, mine is a level II, as well. We are struggling, as it is, just to keep up. Low on staff, and the ER is flooded with illegals and their shiny new Obamacare, and toothaches, ankle sprains, don't even get me started...

It has been a nightmare. Last Wednesday, we did 8 admissions overnight. That was 5 critical admissions, 3 of those were full traumas, and 2 were hemorrhagic strokes. The rest were acute patients.

We have been in a revolving door scenario now, for months. The beds don't have a chance to get cold before being filled again. The ER often has between 70-95 waiting to be seen, with a waiting list, for my unit alone, of 3-7, not including planned surgeries most days between 5-7 per day.

Each time a hemorrhagic stroke, or DIC comes in, I get nervous. Especially one that takes 40 units of blood, can find no "real" diagnosis, and then after a month, dies.

This has happened enough times now, that I am more than concerned. Complete with neutropenic precautions. I just can't help but suspect.

Anyway, I know we would be ruined. We can barely manage now. One disaster, and we will sink.

I know I won't be able to keep up. I don't see how any of the other staff, especially the doctors, can either.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   
The time to prepare was way before now! I would have thought they would have had all this sorted by now, that seems logical, not just wait until its knocking on the door too get ready.

a reply to: grandmakdw

Then don't get me started on people who send sick children to school to start massive epidemics of virus's. They should have to pay a hefty fine for knowingly sending a sick kid to school.

I totally agree! Nothing grinds my gears more than parents that send their sick kids too school then their kid(s) infect mine and then we all end up sick for weeks from these disgusting super bug flu's that just do not go away! Suffering from one right now it seems like its going away then it is like it starts all over, they could atleast get their child to cover their mouth when they are coughing! I was dropping my daughter off at her class the other week and this little girl was just coughing everywhere not even covering her mouth, yuck. Not hard too teach kids basic hygiene! you just have to be persistant with some of them! Those types of parents that send them no matter what are the ones that treat school like its daycare it drives me crazy. Schools are the perfect breeding ground for viruses, parents need to do what they can to reduce the spread of these nasty bugs!

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
If the US does get infected the first to see the spread would most likely be the touchy feely TSA. The amount of body coverage they use wouldn't protect them and I don't think enough of them are smart enough to figure out someone is deathly ill and they shouldn't touch them at all.

I do worry as the virus move north in Africa more airports that way. Some seem to go a little nuts when they have the virus. Maybe due to the high changes of their death drives them to be that way, can't say I blame them.

The spread this year has gotten out of hand and it's almost double compared to the total of the last few years. I kind of wonder what has caused the rapped spread. Is it just that we're sending more people and upping the risk or has it found a better way to spread.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

It has managed to make it into heavily populated areas this time.

The other times it burned out because it ran out of people.

We and it are both in new territory and it is a race to see who adapts faster.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I will just be very interested to see how the situation is handled when they have an in-flight confirmation of Ebola on a US bound flight that was previously unknown and not prepared for....will they shoot it out of the sky or allow it to land? Coming from Africa or wherever, would that flight have enough fuel to redirect to another country and would that country allow them to land? See...indecision is a biatch in this case. And if that country decided to shoot them down, would they be forgiven internationally for doing so since the US refused the flight? Or would they be condemned on an international level?

edit on 9/16/14 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I think the prevailing thought process for most would be an expectation that the government would help them and they would abide by the quarantine; however, there is a large subset of people that have a tremendous distrust of the government. Being exposed to someone who has the virus isn’t a guarantee that you will catch it, but going to a quarantine center seems to carry a greater probability of contracting the virus and I can completely see if you fall into this category that running would be the most logical choice. For some, this will likely be the best choice, but it is those few who have indeed contracted the virus and panic post-symptom that will be a greater threat. …. That is should the virus come to the US or UK or any other first world country.

The bigger threat, in my view, is the spread to heavily populated third world countries. India, for example, where people are packed together in unsanitary conditions is a prime breeding ground for this virus. The more people infected, the more opportunity for mutation and the greater opportunity for it to travel regardless of mutation.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
This entire Ebola thing should give us all pause for thought. First, it came about so quickly and when one hears the words a "novel" virus, is it a mutation of nature causing that or man made. Will we be hearing of a new and fast tracked and experimental treatment/vaccine relevant to it soon. Since Big Pharma can't be sued or held accountable, new/experimental/fast tracked treatments don't exactly give one a warm and fuzzy feeling.

It is interesting the Ebola cases/maps in Africa line up nicely in regards to where all the gas/oil industries are located. I wonder, if there could be protection for those workers and not the rest of the population in those areas...great way to clear the land of protesting folks and take over even more of all that mineral rich area.

Hospitals scare me almost as much as the Ebola virus itself. I think chances of it spreading would be pretty good even in so called protected environments. I had a relative that was in 3 different hospitals and the ineptness was terrible. Nurses dropping gloves on the floor after they were out of the wrapper, picking them up and using them on patients instead of replacing them. Garbage pails over flowing with filthy gauze and food wrappers and then being used while full to catch leaks from respiratory tubing instead of changing tubing out. Personnel walking around in those dark colored clown suits of uniforms that hide stains real well...go back to the white ones already. Personnel going from room to room without always changing gloves and so on. I'm a retired nurse so not just trying to be picky at the staff...these kinds of things happen and my relative got one of those hospital infections and almost died...I can see why.

TSA, good point on that. They handle so many people. Lets face it, some folks have leakage problems. I've seen vids of TSA handling peoples colostomy bags and even taking tubing apart, urine bags and feeding tubes too. They put hands down dirty diapers and down peoples pants. They don't always change gloves and I have seen vids where the TSA person is picking their nose or scratching their a$$ with those gloves and then handling people. Gives one confidence relevant to Ebola yes?

Open borders and planes still flying all around and such. prepare....how prepare? There are some good hospital workers but many are not too swift and careful on a good day.

Not air born? When someone sneezes snot and it flies across the room and lands on someone, it went through the air to get there. Monkeys in separate cages got it when no contact involved...air born then maybe.

This entire Ebola thing feels off.

We are shipping folks in from across the border and those kids have only a quick maybe 3 day check up health wise and then sent on...not enough time to evaluate them, vaccinate them or any of that. Our kids get like what...30 vaccines before school, no way these kids are getting so many in like one day. They would be so immune system compromised they would actually be able to get sick and spread illness quicker. Many are already sick with scabies, lice, TB and whoknowswhatallelse. They say fruit bats spread it...then we better start trying to exterminate those.

I don't think there can be enough "preparing" in any scenario to keep us all safe if this thing really takes off.

My plan, stay home as much as I can and try and figure out my next move should it get bad. Will forced vaccines/meds/quarantine be on the horizon. This whole thing is one big mess and to me, is more suspicious then scary at this point. It is a horrible disease and scary sure...who benefits? Pharma? Is Gates in the middle of all this somehow....always being so helpful, right. He's always doing "something" relevant to Africa.

Will see, I guess. Good luck to all and stay safe and well.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Also wondering...have any info or studies been done relevant to if people with RH Negative blood get Ebola as well as the general population with other blood types...since RH Neg does not have the Rhesus monkey factor and monkeys are said to spread Ebola too, just wondering.

It is said that Ebola doesn't survive well in air conditioned or cold. If true, I wonder about that. Will colder weather lessen danger since Ebola seems to thrive in hot, humid climates.

If it is not that easy to catch in countries that have better sanitation/hygiene/nutrition...I wonder what would have to change to make people more susceptible? That folks arrive on flights from the weaker countries...is that all it will take to spread it better or will it take something more in addition. Will smallpox actually be the next or worse outbreak that we will all have to fear or prepare for? Lots to ponder here.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

I think right now, there is no way to call ground zero on any one place.

With the borders the way they are, certainly airports seem like the most likely place, but it could honestly be anywhere.

A person could conceiveably make it through any airport, even in South America, then make the trek across the border.

It could even happen through the Canadian border.

We have no way to know, and no way to stop it, period. That is what is so frightening.

As for the post about poor hospital hygeine, I posted factual evidence and articles about that, as it relates to the spread of MRSA, to give evidence to document my stance, and I was literally castigated for daring to do so.

Don't dare mention the human falibility of perfect nurses or doctors, the number one cause of the spread of some disease, lest you find yourself in my position!

Nurses and doctors are perfect, all the time, doncha know!

edit on 16-9-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Very seriously, if Ebola was was suspected in your state, and you came down with flu like symptoms, how many of us would be up and at the CDC for quarantine? Honestly, I would be one of the few who would be telling myself "Nah, its just a cold".

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Some bunch of "someones" have been prepping for this Ebola dealy. When one researches, you find that Bill Gates and Monsanto and George Soros as well as Tekmira Pharmaceuticals and other big pharma companies have been involved in this from the git go. Tekmira stock has gone up nicely. Gates is always smiling even though he is supposed to be a humanitarian that witnesses all these horrible diseases and suffering...yeah, smiles all the way to the bank. Gates wants the population lowered don't forget. USAMRIID and Ft. Detrick are involved...the same folks that MAKE diseases for warfare purposes...I know those labs can do it both ways but who knows what is what when they are in the middle of things. Troops going to Africa now to either monitor the scenario or mop up or what. For logistics and helping they say...will see.

The Prez signs a handy executive order around the time this thing takes off relevant to apprehending/detaining folks with respiratory illness and such which can be used in broad terms to cover a lot of things. Sure have been a lot of folks "prepared" relevant to Ebola. Will vaccine makers be the next ones all nice and prepared and "ready" for us with fast tracked/experimental forced vaccines. Will see, I guess.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Sensationalism perhaps, but you never know for sure.

The CDC has come out with a checklist for hospitals and medical people to help them determine if somebody is infected with EBOLA.

the document itself is in the article...

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warning hospitals and doctors that “now is the time to prepare,” has issued a six-page Ebola “checklist” to help healthcare workers quickly determine if patients are infected.

While the CDC does not believe that there are new cases of Ebola in the United States, the assumption in the checklist is that it is only a matter of time before the virus hits home.

For example, one part reads: “Encourage healthcare personnel to use a ‘buddy system’ when caring for patients.” Another recommends a process to report cases to top officials: .........................

CDC issues Ebola checklist: 'Now is the time to prepare'

Standard Procedure ?

Or is Something Ready to Happen?

Hmmm, wouldnt it be onehellofa coinkydink is this was all planned??
afterall,, we have plenty of FEMA coffin liners and fema camps

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Lil Drummerboy

the prevention and erradication of infectious disease,, lets see,, plan or no plan,,,

sounds like u r for the "no plan" approch,,,seems lazy,,,intelectually i mean,,,

Infectious Disease Research,,,bahhh who needs it,,,

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
Bob, this IS a conspiracy web site.. check in please..

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy

FEMA coffin liners and fema camps

coffin or camp??

check in please..???

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

originally posted by: Lil Drummerboy

FEMA coffin liners and fema camps

coffin or camp??

check in please..???

Oh sorry bob
We arent even reading the same book let alone be on the same page

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 01:34 AM
link   

If you wanted to depopulate the earth it would be logical to infiltrate collectives like the WHO and CDC with your own people preferably in command and control.

And it only takes a few people with a lot of money who share the same belief "we can not sustain population growth" for it to happen.

posted on Sep, 18 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

One problem is corporate expectations on workers (in the USA). You miss a day or two and get written up. People fear for their jobs, so they show up, ready or not. Same thing with kids....your kid is out two days.....doctors offices start getting faxes from schools to find out if your kid has been taken to the doctor. I live in the US and there continues to be an atmosphere in a lot of corporate work places about attendance, taking vacation time, bring sick...that if you miss work, well you better have a good explanation or be in the hospital.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join