It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photographers and Photoshop Geniuses Step Right Up and Post!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wanted something happy, wonderful and beautiful all at the same time and since ATS has so many lovely artists, I thought everyone could display something they did that they are proud of.

Here is a picture I took the other day while taking a walk in the mountains. The landscape up here is absolutely gorgeous - and some pictures are totally cool like this old house:

And this is in black and white - same shot (I need to work on doing better black and whites I believe):

Here is one of a fallen log on the forest floor:

And here is my moth caterpillar:

And here is some more landscape

I love doing the old style 35mm film - and those pictures I do sell lately. But I wanted to share with you some digital shots that are pretty, and I hope everyone else shares their own also!

edit on 15-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
My pursuit is capturing images where no one else can.

Male Pileated Woodpecker (Dryocopus pileatus), the day of fledging, 30Ft up in the cavity of a trembling aspen. July 2014.

edit on 15-9-2014 by CraftBuilder because: of Typos.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Great Pics. Feels like home to me. Based on the foliage and geology, I'd say these were taken in the Catskills -- or perhaps the Alleghenies. Or possibly eastern Dutchess county NY. In any case, it's the land I know and love -- thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I took these at the famously haunted Eastern State Penitentiary this past spring. It was a dreary cold rainy spring day. Dark and damp ... and the place is haunted.

I like the dreary lighting in this one.
It's rather balanced as well.

Most famous haunted cellblock -

Death Row -

Haunted barber chair for the inmates -

Al Capones cell -

Prison wall -

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My favourite pic of the year (so far).

Yellow warblers (Dendroica petechia), 22 June 2014, in a tea cup sized nest made of grass and lined with spider silk.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Great thread and pics. S&F

Here are a few of mine

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
Glad to see you decided to share some of your work with us OB. S&F.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Out of this picture at a WWII re-enactment in kent:

I managed to get this cleaner one:

Thunder bug on a shovel:

Swans taking off:

A black swan escaped from a park nearby:

Some landscapes of the island I live on:

Oh, and a falconer catching an eagle just because.

I may cough up some more soon. Nice thread

edit on 1592014 by DodgyDawg because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Beautiful pics everyone!
Here are some of my photos:

Found this while hiking around my Godparents' property

Hobbit house I came across while walking through the park

Perfect spot to watch the Lake Erie sunset

To the right of the perfect water watching chairs above

Storm front line. It looked like waves rolling in in the sky

Finally, just a random, fun picture. I got glow jewelry for my kids, nieces, and nephews and had them pose in the dark yard

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftBuilder

Both of your pics are awesome. I have to keep my feet on the ground, I could never get those shots. My hats off to you, with total respect.

Beautiful photography!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: CaPpedDoG

Man - I love your black and whites. ALL your pictures are wonderful, but you have the gift of doing black and white photography! Nice!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Haunted penitentiaries for vacation? COOL! Those are some really neat pictures! I like them a lot!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

WOW.. all of your photo's are great! The eagle is totally cool - and I love the landscapes too! The sun set picture is wonderful... great shot!

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

That is absolutely beautiful photography. Landscapes are my favorite always - and you live in a beautiful area and have an excellent eye!

Just curious what kind of camera do you use?

The last picture is reminiscent of a style of photography I have been playing around with, and that is light painting. Have you ever heard of it? It's different and really really neat...

This one is called Kundalini Bonfire and the photographer is Dennis Calvert (not my work)

I have been playing around a bit with this style, just because it's neat. I have yet to develop a roll of film to see how good it's going to turn out. I can't wait to see! I have to do this with my 35mm camera, and it's a totally new style for me!
edit on 15-9-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Both of your pics are awesome. I have to keep my feet on the ground, I could never get those shots. My hats off to you, with total respect.

Beautiful photography!

Thanks, but my feet were on the ground too. I designed a camera specifically for getting images inside of high tree cavities.

Here is one more of a North American Porcupine (Erethizon dorsatum) in the cavity of a deadfall.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

That is a gorgeous shot and very cool style! I hope you share your attempts because now I'm excited to your take on it

As for me, I am an artist, not a photographer. I have an artist's eye for framing a shot, but all my pics are taken with either my Galaxy S5 or, when I don't have my phone on me, hubby's Iphone 5. Then I use Corel PSP to remove the digital noise. Sometimes I'll adjust the shadows and highlights if I love the composition, but the lighting was wrong. I also love converting to black and white.

Here's one I took last month when I was visiting hubby in Iowa. (He installs the cables inside the wind turbines that makes them run so he's gone a lot
). This is one that I love in color and in B&W.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Here's one I took a while back. It's a heart-shaped....bug?

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   

That is still totally awesome! Wildlife is some of the most difficult shots to get - and you are getting them time and again, not just getting them, but getting some nice close-ups with awesome surrounds! I LOVE the porcupine.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: halfpint0701

I must agree you are definitely an artist - although this is a quality every photographer must have if they are going to be any good!

I have never used Corel. I have heard good things about it though. I'm still learning everything concerning this digital age, trying to get more into the different digital possibilities. I've learned more about photoshop and cleaning up pictures nicely using that - although I don't yet know everything about the various uses yet!

But the tried and true is still excellent - and little competes with it if you don't have tons of money! Which is in the category I'm in... lol. I have seen some excellent work with the new digital 35mm cameras, and I would love to have one, but the cost is prohibitive for me so I'm sticking with the old style 35mm for now...

I like the control of the shutter duration and focal distance ect. that the 35mm offers personally.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje

That's pretty cool! I wonder what kind of bug that is? Interesting! Nice photo!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join