It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extra DIV????? [fixed/resolved]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
tell me about it. I really thought they were out to get me man!

I got this itching in my head and I ain't afraid to show it, show it, show it, show it...

I'm para and I noid.

peace
edit on 15-9-2014 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime
Gotta be a coding error, if you look at the next post, after yours, the whole thread formatting seems to be wonky.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL
I actually wrecked the thread?

Viva la resistance!!

(In my own defence though, it was 04:30 in the morning and I was out of coffee.)

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

It happens when a moderator forgets to put the mod tag in both places or puts an extra one in. And I have caught myself doing that because I'm not used to putting them in. I'll 'forget' to put the mod quote in at the end of this and you'll see the 'DIV' come up ... watch ....
edit on 9/15/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
Learn something new every day!!

Is it actually against T&C's to use the [mod] thingy in posts?

I see no reason why anyone would but is it actually against the rules? Just asking because I like to point these things out to people when I see 'm. (I'm weird like that)

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

fixed it for you.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Glad this has been resolved.

FlyersFan: a trick I use when coding HTML is to start with a blank DIV, open it then close it immediatly; for you that would be (mod) (/mod), then write the copy in.

Why I do this is because you might get called away from keyboard, then come back, read your copy and think, thats all good, but you forgot to closing tag and then your site looks weird.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: 12m8keall2c

fixed it for you.

Well now that you mention it, it does feel better. The anxiety and fear seem to be much less and the fear of somebody watching me has almost complety di.....ohhh....you were talking about the post error.

Thank you.

Peace

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Seems the BBCode parser isn't doing a check to make sure the tags are matched.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

And here I was thinking it was just a kludge by some refuctoring on the part of the admin with the apparant Higgs-Bugson as a result, it could also be just baklava code...

Peace

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

paranoid OP is paranoid
extra extra DIV

Not so; you might have the same concerns I did as well (if what seemed someone else's afterthought) was added to the end of one of your posts. Certainly if never happened before after thousands of posts using the same browser.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: RifRAAF
Glad this has been resolved.

FlyersFan: a trick I use when coding HTML is to start with a blank DIV, open it then close it immediatly; for you that would be (mod) (/mod), then write the copy in.

Why I do this is because you might get called away from keyboard, then come back, read your copy and think, thats all good, but you forgot to closing tag and then your site looks weird.

Why, you are such a beautiful example of humanity, how you were banned is beyond me.

posted on Oct, 19 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ItVibrates
What does this mean what does it mean?! (where's JACK)? "Did anyone dredge the lake?" (when did the meaning for 'Extra DIV' become an acronym for 'stupid person' how did this come into play) or just Urban myth?
edit on 19-10-2015 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join