It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a message to some but to others a warning.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
reply to: KidUndead

It's not The man of Love (Jesus's) fault though. Jesus taught to love neighbors and enemies and to turn the other cheek because blessed are the peacemakers for they shall be called children of God.

Jesus predicted that many will use his name to deceive and trick People to turn against him. It's so sad that because of their unkindness and because they claim to be christians, that people associate Christ with this behavior.

I got Jesuslives4U to admit that he/she is following a selfish spirit of jealousy rather than the agape selfless lovE of Christ who was humble , washed the feet of his foLlowers , and put others before himself.

I have NOT admitted to anything you said. You love to put words in other peoples mouth don't you. You parade here as a saint but are no better than anyone of us. As you judge so will you be judged.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesuslives4u

originally posted by: longy9999

originally posted by: KidUndead
a reply to: Jesuslives4u

Okay so an example to you're saying is, my dog refuses to live by my rules so I must handle him accordingly and sentence him to doom/kill him. Just like how I wouldn't harm my dog for peeing in the house, it's petty for "God" to cause harm for the people that aren't up to his standards.

First I don't compare an animal with God and his laws. God's laws were made for humankind and not for animals.

Can't you see the difference?

But are we not just animals ourselves? We are just mammals, albeit with more intelligence than the others.

Good point but only we humans were made in God's image not the animals........ We are to be masters over the animal kingdom.

Or perhaps we are just animals that developed a higher state of intelligence and then used that intelligence to rule over everything else less intelligent than ourselves?

I've noticed aliens have been thrown into the mix a couple of times in this thread. What's your opinion on that? If your typical grey alien was to visit the Earth now what would his place be in all of this being as though he wasn't created in gods own image?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: KidUndead

Edit: A human who has not been introduced to a moral code wouldn't behave so, you could teach a dog moral code.

Really which code could you teach a dog? How to not lie? To not commit adultery?

I think ATS should have an age limit in order to join ....say over 21 because some of these answers seems to be too juvenile.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Just watch this video if you need clarification on what classifies you as spiritual toast.

I posted it already once so im not going to do it again.

You need an example of what kind of people are truely evil. Take an example from this guy.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trapeze
a reply to: longy9999

So you can't see His fingerprint in creation, can you?

And science answering the big questions, I have my doubts.

Romans1 20 For since the creation of the world God’s invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22 Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23 and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles.

24 Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another. 25 They exchanged the truth about God for a lie, and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator—who is forever praised. Amen.

26 Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

edit on 14-9-2014 by Trapeze because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2014 by Trapeze because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

You can teach a dog to not steal, you can teach it not to kill, you can teach it to keep it's surroundings neat and tidy. Moral code, I wouldn't know it if I didn't learn it nor would you, it's not instinctual.

Edit: And isn't there a bible verse of some sort that states ridiculing others is frowned upon by God? You can't pick and choose, I guess you could but that wouldn't get you anywhere.
edit on 14-9-2014 by KidUndead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I'm pretty sure it goes like "I will live forever, and I'm a living god". I don't think I'll be watching it though, that sort of stuff scares me to much.

Edit: I watched it and I don't see what's so "evil" about him. He wants to live forever and never rot, good for him. Doesn't seem "evil", if he wants to live forever than I don't care, it's his choice.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trapeze
a reply to: longy9999

So you can't see His fingerprint in creation, can you?

And science answering the big questions, I have my doubts.

No, I cannot. I am yet to see anything that even remotely gives evidence that a deity has had a hand in anything in our universe. If you have anything that you feel will change my opinion then please feel free to show me, I am in no way adverse to the idea of a supreme being I just haven't seen any evidence to support the theory.

As for science answering the big questions, who knows. Maybe we will never know, maybe we will destroy ourselves before we can answer the questions but as it stands science is working its way through the theories using hard evidence which to me is better than saying ''god did it'' and moving along.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It really seems that "God" chooses who he wants to love, instead of loving everyone. I've asked for him when I was younger, but was left with no answer. Proposing that he is the creator and ruler of everything, why should people have to obey him or "face total eternal destruction", that's like saying if my dog doesn't stop peeing in the house I'd kill him. What god described as "love" would do that?

I do believe in both Jesus and God, but they're all just spirits to me. Satan, Jesus, God, Allah, just well known and respected spirits. I was once scared and in need, so I seeked the help from a spirit, and now my life is great. But never got anything from "God" the bearded, sculpted, man of love.

Good post and many think just like you. I use to as well and I understand where you are coming from but do not give up and throw in the towel. God does love us all but handles each one of us according to how we live our life.

I have two children..... a son and a daughter. Now I love my children very much and to me it is important we stay in touch. My family knows this...... so lets say FOR AN EXAMPLE - my son calls me only once a month to see how I am doing and we talk. Of course I love him and love talking to him but lets say my daughter calls me everyday and we talk too..... though I love both children equally; which child would you say is closet to my heart?

Probably the one who has the same beliefs as you?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
A reply to: Jesuslives4u

Yup, I'm not better than anyone and I didn't claiM be nor do I even want to see myself as superior to anyone else.

That is not my goal. my goal is to promote Love because God is love and to try to be more and more loving from , where i am and i know that jealousy is not that perfect love. And you Did say your God is jealous which is why I said what I did.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
A reply to: Jesuslives4u

Yup, I'm not better than anyone and I didn't claiM be nor do I even want to see myself as superior to anyone else.

That is not my goal. my goal is to promote Love because God is love and to try to be more and more loving from , where i am and i know that jealousy is not that perfect love. And you Did say your God is jealous which is why I said what I did.

DO YOU DENY THAT GOD IS A JEALOUS GOD?

YES OR NO?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Good i hope the forces of Satan scare you.

Don't role with that crowd it's bad news.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I think it's obvious, they already said they don't believe he's "jealous".

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   

why did your "God" create people that aren't his children? Why did your "God" create people with no faith?

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

I once wanted to wander deep in the occult, but realized it's not a very smart choice at all.

That said, I don't believe in Satan as being "the tormenter of everything, or pure evil", I believe he's just a spirit as I do Allah and God, etc.

Edit: The guy in the video doesn't seem affiliated with Satan, he's just a withered and scared man who wants to preserve his youth.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Correct, I already answered this question.

If love is not self seeking as Corinthians say, aand God is love then God is not jealous since jealousy is a selfish emotion.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
Interesting.. so now we must see god to believe in him?

Which... to me, negates requirement for faith..

well, let him reveal himself.

*chirp chirp*

thought so...

I can testify that you can be like a scientist letting the divine reveal itself to you with no need of faith of religious teaching. Faith in religion is from my point of view very misunderstood and has more to do with intention->manifestation part of "what is"/reality/creation. Expand you consciousness do not limit it so that you can be even more aware.
edit on 14-9-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

I think it's obvious, they already said they don't believe he's "jealous".

Exodus 20:5 - You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me.

Why contribute in a religious forum if you don't know what you are talking about?

God is a JEALOUS God who expects your worship. Can we now close this subject matter about God being a jealous God?

I hope so because there are other bible versus that stat this as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

why did your "God" create people that aren't his children? Why did your "God" create people with no faith?

Good question and one I can not answer. I can only guess as everyone else.

EDIT LATER: I can speculate on these questions but it would only be my own opinion. Is that what you want to hear?
edit on 14-9-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I'm not even christian, I was just stating what Argpme said because you failed to read it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join