It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.2million ebola deaths projected in 6-months

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Source

This is based on the theory of it becoming airborne

Six months is the minimum time the WHO projects will be necessary to contain the epidemic.

In his analysis, econometrics research assistant Francis Smart at Michigan State University took seriously the conclusions of Canadian researchers who proved the strain of Ebola in the current West African epidemic could go airborne.

The Ebola virus could be transmitted between humans through breathing, Smart says.

In developing the model, Smart began with WHO’s Aug. 28 statement that the Ebola epidemic in West Africa could afflict more than 20,000 people before it is brought under control.

“This [estimate of 20,000] assumes full international backing for an intervention to control the deadly outbreak,” he wrote. “Failure to support the WHO’s plan presumably would cause the disease to continue to spread in a similar manner as it already has.”

He continued: “At first a figure as high as 20,000 seems exaggerated, especially when looking just at the number of 3,000 cases reported the same day as the announcement. However, I believe that this estimate is vastly too small and is entirely based on an effective and well-funded international relief mission.”

Using contrary assumptions, Smart came to a dramatically different conclusion. “Using a projection from all the WHO reports to date (Sept. 5), I calculate that if the disease continues to spread at the rate it currently is then we will have more than 20,000 cases by October 24. The report states that it will likely take six to nine months in order to stop the epidemic. However, if nothing changes and the epidemic continues to rage as it currently does, then my projections estimate that as many as 4.7 million people will have been infected and 1.2 million will have already died.” Read more at www.wnd.com...

edit on 13-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm on the fence with the stories now. Are they trying to inflict fear among the masses to encourage us to get vaccines?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I read only the other day that we shouldn't be worrying about it too much, the new drug that they've trialled has been a huge success. It was the same when bird flu hit, the papers were reporting an epidemic that was going to claim millions of lives when in reality it killed less people than what die of normal flu each year.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What is there now one pandemic that fails to fly a year. Wolf...Wolf...Wolf...etc

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's a tool for their agenda. But I think something else will come along even worse.

It shouldn't be downplayed no matter what the numbers truly report or project for the future. Ebola's dangerous. I can't see it being a global killer unless it really mutates into something nasty. S + F.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: violet

If it becomes airborne?

I think the numbers are very low. The flu or common cold does more damage when airborne.

IMO

Someone's full of it.

Peace

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
What happens if it reached those populations with HIV as in South Africa?

Or international students could bring it into Europe or USA at the start of term.

edit on 13-9-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

This is a fear monger title/story if i've ever seen one.

It's like saying "100 million deaths in 6 months if this theoretical super deadly flu comes into existence!."

It's based on a hypothetical situation. My guess is it would be somewhere more in the area of 8-10 thousand deaths in six months if it carries on unimpeded. If it becomes airborn which is a big if, then we will talk about possible numbers.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: GogoVicMorrow

Yes it's definitely fear mongering.
I don't trust much of what gets reported these days. Who can?

I agree it's a serious disease, but there big pharma that comes into play here. Selling meds and vaccines. Or some hideous plan to put vaccines in our water supply. Or that scientist who created the ebola tobacco plant serum, considered injecting it into fruit to feed Africans. Here's a banana for you.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Your source is World Net Daily, a right wing nutter "news" source that publishes stories written by the likes of Ann Coulter and Chuck Norris.

If you expect to be taken seriously, use credible sources.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Your source is World Net Daily, a right wing nutter "news" source that publishes stories written by the likes of Ann Coulter and Chuck Norris.

If you expect to be taken seriously, use credible sources.

Oh you again ....

I'm not familiar with that website.
It does however source the New York Times OP ed
Source
of infectious disease expert Michael T. Osterholm. Of course that is his opinion. Opinion of others I've read as well, namely the Canadian health.
Not going to be the opinion of all who write opinion pieces.
Should we not hear from all sides?
edit on 14-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Relax, everyone, if you pay higher taxes, get all your vaccinations, support your current regime, then you'll be safe.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
The timing of Ebola is very interesting. This year of all times the periodic super disease is one Americans actually know and fear as a highly exotic killer. I read "the hot zone" in middle school as assigned summer reading and I'm sure I'm not the only one who read it. It's one of the most lethal which makes it great for publicity. Flu doesn't seem bad to us. We've caught the flu ourselves so it doesn't have the same punch, no matter whether you use animal names or digits and letters to name each one.

Ebola is one of the least transmissible diseases around but now it's raging outside its usual hunting grounds in the most densely populated and oil rich areas of Africa. Now the US military is helping out suddenly right before we go to war. Even fox news said WTF to that. Seems fishy. Small stroke in final hour of world chess match?

edit on 14-9-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct turned punch into lunch

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Repeat after me: "I am free."

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine
Since I've lost my editing time now to edit my post to you.
I'm adding another source to replace the crap website you say I posted from. all 3 (including crapola site) are citing the same source of Dr. Michael Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research

CNN.
Like I said, its his opinion. Not saying he's right. However your opinion may not be right either. Its only fair people are provided the opportunity to read and judge for themselves. You just judged the source I I used

A Mod can toss this in the HOAX bin if they like.
In hindsight I should have added a question mark to my thread title. Too late now.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Hmm if ebola is not a second H5N1 whose sole purpose was to instill fear, if we still talk about ebola in 6months then i will tend to think this new crisis will shape the future society in a bad way.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow,
this theater is jumpin with action..
Maybe its a show called " ApoclaDoom"
Lol, the fear machine is attempting to keep our heads on a swivel.
We have Massive droughts, Of course the weather stuff is certainly real, or is it?
We have the newest and greatest US funded terror threat "Isis"
And now the Ebola wave of Death predicted to sweep across the world..Yikes
If i get any further on the edge of my seat im gonna be on the floor soon...lol

Where is Lil Kim with his foot stomping tantrum to threaten the world with
Domination? that would be the cherry..

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

WND is a terrible source of information notorious for manipulation, IMO. This is a stretch by any means I would think.

2nd

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

The day i find a news source that is not trying to manipulate me is the day i know i have been brainwashed.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

West Africa is in deep trouble and needs help - but the help isn't coming - and Ebola won't stop spreading without a lot more help. Right now, the case count is doubling every 21 days.

You do the math - it's simple. Start with 4,784 x 2 = 9,565 (by October 3). 9,565 x 2 = 19,135 (by October 24). ....Just do x2 for every 3 week period and see what the numbers are.

death toll rose to more than 2,400 people out of 4,784 cases

top topics

<<   2 >>

join