It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans start moving into Canada. US is CURSED

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Anyone who stays in US is fair game. My brother lives in Las Vegas and told me that his friend who is a medium, the real deal medium, told him that he is being told by more spirits than he can count that US doesn't have long to go. Karma is putting US through cleanse and detox Biblical style.

Earthquakes martial law civil war crops failure worthless money

my brother knows this guy for 15 years and says he is real deal, he phoned me the other day legitimately concerned.

The only place to go is up
What is up
Canada

Besides don't those canucks need more taxpayers

+17 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: BettyHill400

While I would never suggest that Canada is anything less than gorgeous, as it must surely be to have spawned such genius as the great Devin Townsend, musical whizz and all round good egg, it should also be said that there is nothing quite as daft as making a life choice based on the word of a medium.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BettyHill400
Earthquakes martial law civil war crops failure worthless money

I highly doubt Canada is immune to most of these things.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

I have little doubt that Canada will begin to experience some immigration from the US. What's funny however is that the beginning of the end of the US real estate bust was propelled by Canadians buying houses in Arizona with straight up cash at bargain basement prices for retirement homes. So what we may actually see is a sort of game of musical chairs with elderly Canadians moving to the US to escape the brutal cold winters and because its cheaper to live in the US while US youth and college bound kids moving to Canada to dodge the intractable social problems in the US.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It used to be the case that Canadians (particularly artists and animators) had to move to California.
Computer engineers and programmers moved to Texas or Silicon Valley. But now everyone seems to be moving to Vancouver or Montreal because of tax breaks and cost of living.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Being the good hosts that we aspire to be, let us know how many are coming so we can have lots of cold ones on ice waiting for you.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
It used to be the case that Canadians (particularly artists and animators) had to move to California.
Computer engineers and programmers moved to Texas or Silicon Valley. But now everyone seems to be moving to Vancouver or Montreal because of tax breaks and cost of living.

But... but... but....

US corporations don't pay any taxes. (at least that is what I keep hearing from some people
)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: aboutface
Being the good hosts that we aspire to be, let us know how many are coming so we can have lots of cold ones on ice waiting for you.

As long as you have enough bacon AND back bacon, I will be good with that.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

it should also be said that there is nothing quite as daft as making a life choice based on the word of a medium.

While I and others starred that opinion, I don't need a medium to read the writing on the wall.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Hey Canada, Guess who?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

We even have maple flavoured bacon.
All is well when there's bacon and beer

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Sharing the land:

Would that also apply for your southern neighbours regarding USA or is it just my northern country you'd be willing to consider 'sharing' with Canadians?

I suggest Nunavut for all those thinking about moving north. Lots of room there.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Indeed.

There is an awful lot of that going around these days!

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit

originally posted by: butcherguy

We even have maple flavoured bacon.
All is well when there's bacon and beer

Well then....
Maybe I should come up before everything goes sour down here... eh? (I'm trying out the lingo...eh.)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
A bit of foreknowledge can be a good thing. Here's a map Americans can look at for real estate pricing across Canada:

crea.ca...

ETA: You'll notice Nunavut isn't even listed on that map. That's how badly we need Americans to move there.

edit on 12/9/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: masqua

Lord have mercy.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

You just had to go and confound me didn't you masqua?
I thought for sure I'd be safe with just little hippie tune
from a really great band that complimented Canada. And
look at me now? All befuddled not even know'n how to
answer you. Nowhere to hide.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I've actually thought of moving to Canada. There is less snow and less winter in most of southern Canada when compared to here. I wouldn't want to live in Canada above Duluth though, that area gets pretty cold.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yikes, those are high averages.
Saskatchewan surprised me, although those are averages. We have some beautiful properties up here, but we also have cheaper property outside of the cities, some of the northern rural properties are more reasonable.

I have a comfy fixer-upper on 16 acres for less than half of Alberta's average.

People generally have to live (or work) in whichever province they want to buy in, for 2 years before they're eligible for a mortgage.
Not easy to get a mortgage here.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
A bit of foreknowledge can be a good thing. Here's a map Americans can look at for real estate pricing across Canada:

crea.ca...

ETA: You'll notice Nunavut isn't even listed on that map. That's how badly we need Americans to move there.

Is it really that expensive to buy a house in Canada, or is that just for new homes?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join