It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans start moving into Canada. US is CURSED

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Those prices are 'averaged' (for all types, new or pre-owned). This means that a home in some small village without stores or amenities would be a much lower cost while homes in cities like Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto would likely double or triple that average cost.

edit on 12/9/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BettyHill400
Anyone who stays in US is fair game. My brother lives in Las Vegas and told me that his friend who is a medium, the real deal medium, told him that he is being told by more spirits than he can count that US doesn't have long to go. Karma is putting US through cleanse and detox Biblical style.

Earthquakes martial law civil war crops failure worthless money

my brother knows this guy for 15 years and says he is real deal, he phoned me the other day legitimately concerned.

The only place to go is up
What is up
Canada

Besides don't those canucks need more taxpayers

The United States is a BIG, BIG empire, with its economical reach extending the entire globe. Remember the world wide economic NEAR collapse of 2008? It started in the US.

My point is, whatever happens in the US, will have ramifications EVERYWHERE. Especially if it is economical in nature.

Sure, common sense says some places on the globe will be safer than others, however, I don't trust anyone who pretends to know which places will be safer.

Personally, I love the USA. My family is staying put, and we will face whatever struggle/challenges come our way.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Im open for anyone to move up north, just be ready to pay alot more taxes on your income and a higher tax sale.oh and cold ass winters.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Awesome song, always loved Allan Kowbel's (Chad Allan's) voice. Still one of my all-time favorites...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: aboutface

"cold ones on ice"

Oh, you must be talking about Vancouverites.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Poor Canada...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I have read on countless threads and articles that Americans have been leaving the US at a alarming rate for years. Many started this exodus under the Bush administration and this trend has continued. I did find a governmental site that listed a rise in numbers of people renouncing there citizenship, and even though this list has doubled it still only shows a number of thousands leaving this year.

The USA current population is right at 318 million, I thought a decade ago we were more like 330 million, I could be wrong but I'm really curious how many people have actually left. I also wonder how many would leave but finances stop them cold.

Oh my deceased wife had a gift and if she told me not to goto work, I called off.
edit on 12-9-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
a reply to: rickymouse

Those prices are 'averaged' (for all types, new or pre-owned). This means that a home in some small village without stores or amenities would be a much lower cost while homes in cities like Vancouver, Calgary or Toronto would likely double or triple that average cost.

Here, you can buy fixer uppers for under thirty grand. Some as low as ten grand. Real estate companies don't like those, so they jack up the price and they just sit. I gave a little house away one time, the guy fixed it up and lived in it for years then sold it. I got it as a trade in when I sold a commercial building to a friend. We figured it was worth two grand.

A friend of mine just bought an old house for five grand, he will sink about ten grand in it and rent it out reasonably to low income people who do not want to live in those complexes. He has some of the renters from other units helping him, he gives them credit on their rent for their work. Nice guy, he does more to help these people than the government seems to do with little cost to the taxpayer.

When we started depending on the government for all this stuff, we made it more expensive. The government does not like giving a small guy a little money, they like giving the big landlords with specialized low income housing the money.

Sorry for getting off topic with this. It doesn't even apply to people in Canada, they probably don't have the same problems.
edit on 12-9-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BettyHill400

my brother knows this guy for 15 years and says he is real deal

One way to tell if he is the real deal. Find out how many times in the last 15 years he has won the state lotto.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So could this justify Canada to close its southern border to refugees?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Too cold up yonder for me. Think I'll stay here and fight for what is mine.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BettyHill400
if I was younger I would be there, my dear Canadian friend told me to escape America a couple years ago, I told my kids to go.

My grandfather came from the old country into Canada but he settled here, damn

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You just found out that the US is on the way for doom and destruction?

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Canada has Rob Ford and Justin Bieber...but the US is cursed? I gotta argue that one.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Forgive me, I was in the US a long time ago. I remember the jokes and friendly "animosity" towards Canadians, so I suppose moving out to Canada is still considered a blasphemy?

If your brother's friend is a medium and lives in Las Vegas he should better predict the outcomes of games in LV for your friend instead of telling about US being cursed. Cursed or not, without money you're a goner!

Tell him that sure, US is cursed, but you need money to move to Canada...let him channel the cards in baccarat or outcome of roulette.
edit on 12-9-2014 by Jelonek because: x

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We'll go where my husband's job goes. If that means moving abroad, so be it. He's been asked obliquely before if he would consider it. Since the company seems to like him more than his own country does ... well, we'll go where they need him to be.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Bye,bye then,let's get this show on the road, I got jerks to deal with ,so be it. America WILL be fine.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

God, TrueBrit, I love your logic.

Interesting post. I know in my circle of friends/family etc. Moving North is the best thing to do. I'm not trying to say that living in the U.S. is a bad thing. For my Tribe (for lack of a better term). We like it North.

w

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: masqua
A bit of foreknowledge can be a good thing. Here's a map Americans can look at for real estate pricing across Canada:

crea.ca...

ETA: You'll notice Nunavut isn't even listed on that map. That's how badly we need Americans to move there.

For some reason or other, I expected your next sentence to be "be sure and fly Malaysian airlines".

Just kidding!
Hi Masq!
edit on 9/12/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Canada is pretty nice but I'll take my chances here. No matter how bad it gets.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join