It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the Loch Ness monster?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Is this the Loch Ness monster? Creature photographed in lake

Photographer Elle Williams captured this strange image of a creature from the deep while taking snaps at a Lake District beauty spot

Is this the Loch Ness monster – spotted 150 miles from its traditional home?

Photographer Ellie Williams captured this amazing image of what she believes to be a creature from the deep while taking snaps in the Lake District.

The 24-year-old had set up her camera tripod to automatically take photos throughout the day at Windermere.

It was only when she reviewed the images, which were supposed to be of the colours of the changing seasons, that she came across the shocking snap.

Mirror

This looks to good to be true. I grew up with this stories about Nessie and I think that something is out there..

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I don't know, at first glance it looks a little off, maybe cgi or photoshop.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The colors do fit into the "pastoral" colors of the photograph. But I'm not certain. The reflection of the head seems to go the wrong way and it doesn't include the snout. Unless that's caused by distortion on the surface?

That reflection of the head does not seem correct imo.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

Oh no! She's moved out.
Nessie's voted No!

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I like how they felt the need to circle it. Really?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The lake district is in Cumbria.......
Loch Ness Monster.....is in ..well Loch Ness.

Can't even get the place right.. Clearly a fake.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

In the article's defense I have to say they did state "Is this the Loch Ness monster spotted 150 miles from its traditional home?"

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
This is a great picture - and if real will give credence to many cryptozoological concepts.

Like an above poster, something looks a little off to me about it - but maybe that's because I want it to be true so bad I am reserving judgment so I don't get crushed when it turns out to be a fraud, haha.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

The reflection of the head in the water is backwards.

I say it's fake.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Precisely. That was the first thing I noticed.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Nope, that is not her. I see no disruption in the water where it is swimming. If it were real, I am positive you would see a great displacement/moving of water as it swam. You know, like how a boat or jet ski makes.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Why do almost all of the picture's of "Nessie" look the same? The long neck, head in same general direction, same kind of hump? The only difference I see is that the hump seems to be pointed, and looks kinda like a weird pyramid. LOL

edit on 11-9-2014 by ICallGhosts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: thesmokingman

I see that. If it was in motion, moving forward there'd be at least a tiny wake.

What's the line right near the "Nessie" in the water?

Maybe "an outward wave from Nessie emerging"?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
This looks incredibly to good to be true. IMO, this is shopped. And really? a giant red circle? As if we couldnt see the dinasour head sticking out of the water?

Hoax pic... albeit one of the better ones.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Not one ripple in the water from the object, it must be in stealth mode.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Nessie would have to remain still for quite a while to keep the surrounding water still as in the pic.

There should be at least a tiny wake from emerging, or from just keeping buoyant.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The full size image has changed my position from decidedly hoax, to decidedly unsure.

Zoomed in, with a red circle makes it look suspect, but the 'original' image... very difficult to say one way or the other.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Another tip-off to this being fake is that the reflection of the neck is crisp and clear. Look at the reflections of the trees.... all broken up by the ripples in the water.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
why stop at one pic? hmmmm

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I don't photoshop crytpids but I do a lot of image manipulation and that my friends, is a fraud. Off the top of my head, there is no disturbance of the water. The lighting on the neck looks exaggerated as it typically is in drawings and the hump.. come on.. it's a 90 degree angle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join