It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the Loch Ness monster?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This looks like a fake to me - It looks like CGI quite clearly, but I'm no expert.

It's been posted on another website, here.

The article makes a joke about how Nessie has 'defected' south and plays on the Scottish independence vote.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   
That's just a dinosaur. Nothing to see here, not the Loch Ness monster. Honestly I think it looks a bit strange, perhaps photoshopped. Probably photoshopped rather, at least in my opinion. Are Nessie's humps described as coming to such a point? Plesiosaurs, which it is speculated is what Nessie could be, do not look like this, as their backs are relatively smooth if I'm not mistaken. If the photograph were real then obviously we have a dinosaur of some type that has managed to remain undetected. I think it would be virtually impossible for a large dinosaur to have remained undetected on land in any major country, and the only real way such a large animal could remain unseen is if it lived in the water. An animal like bigfoot could remain undetected primarily because it lives in the woods, and is not as large as this dinosaur appears to be. But dinosaurs, on the other hand, land dinosaurs that are herbivorous, would be walking in open country.

Now I am not certain about this, but look at the neck in the picture. Does that look like purely a swimmer, or does it look like it would have legs and feet for walking on land? I'm no expert, but given the angle of the neck I would assume this looked sort of like a brontosaurus underneath the water. Or a dinosaur of that general shape anyway, as I know there are similar-looking dinosaurs. Were similar dinosaurs rather. Or maybe ARE, dun dun dun. It just seems the neck is bent up really high, but I will not say that a purely aquatic dinosaur couldn't bend its neck that way, it just seems a bit odd, especially considering it is so close to the shore almost like it is standing on feet. That pointed hump is really throwing me off as well. You would think a hoaxer might actually research to find an animal that looks exactly like what they're going to fake, so I would bet that there is a creature that looks like this that existed at one point. Maybe not, but it is something to check out.
edit on 9/11/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/11/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Oh dear, not again.

Listen up people from a local....

Local business owners sometimes pull stunts like this to attract tourists.

There are trees, old fences, other random objects sticking out of the water depending on the lake depth at the time of year.

There has been sonar scans done right over the whole lake.

I have been swimming and diving in there as long as I can remember.

There is NO "monsters" in lake Windermere, period (unless you count me in my dookers (Cumbrian slang for swimshorts)).

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's actually quite lovely. Very Monet-ish.

But I'm holding out for a selfie of sorts; maybe Nessie going snout-first right up against the camera. Yeah, that'd be great!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I like the PIC but it seems off...reflection is different from the trees plus...

I'll leave this here..

bownessie

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Oh how I wish on could believe in this sort of business anymore..When younger I used to devour stories about Nessie and her mythical cousin Bigfoot..reveling in the grainy photographs..the breathless stories...

Unfortunately time and reality (not to mention the number of admissions of hoax concerning these creatures) has killed off these mythical beasts in even my paranormal loving mind. Look as much as I or anyone would like to believe in this photograph, it is all off..the reflection, the usual angle being used, wrong location.. not to mention various other red flags.

If such beasts as these were real why wouldn't have we gotten a better snapshot of them? In today's Photoshop era it's much easier task to fake it than our earlier day creature hoaxers had it. The paranormal/cryptazoology child that I was wishes he could believe....the rational adult has serious reservations..Nessie is not real.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: waverlyhills

Even with Photoshop one needs skill with the software to pull off a believable image manipulation. It's not something like you open up the software and push the HOAX Filter but yes it can be done, and it is getting easier.

The image below was created entirely in Photoshop and contains no photographic elements period, jut took 12 hours to do.

edit on 11-9-2014 by minkmouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: minkmouse
a reply to: waverlyhills

Even with Photoshop one needs skill with the software to pull off a believable image manipulation. It's not something like you open up the software and push the HOAX Filter but yes it can be done, and it is getting easier.

Well said , and that's the problem for proponents whether Nessie or Giant Black Triangles.
As well the solution for those who wish to hide things like giant black triangles.
Over saturating the medium with bogus video and stills doesn't mean they are ALL fake.
I tend to think it quite brash to say "no way " to crypto creatures of the deep.
Because VERY odd looking creatures wash up along many beaches, often.
Whether Tsunami related or off the shore of Plumb Island.

edit on 11-9-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: Syntax gramophone

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
Is this the Loch Ness monster? Creature photographed in lake

Photographer Elle Williams captured this strange image of a creature from the deep while taking snaps at a Lake District beauty spot

Is this the Loch Ness monster – spotted 150 miles from its traditional home?

Photographer Ellie Williams captured this amazing image of what she believes to be a creature from the deep while taking snaps in the Lake District.

The 24-year-old had set up her camera tripod to automatically take photos throughout the day at Windermere.

It was only when she reviewed the images, which were supposed to be of the colours of the changing seasons, that she came across the shocking snap.

Mirror

This looks to good to be true. I grew up with this stories about Nessie and I think that something is out there..

There don't appear to be any colors of a changing season...And the color certainly don't change during one day...That part of the story doesn't make much sense...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
This looks fabricated to me at first glance... I'm no expert, although my profession does require me to pay close attention to details- especially visual cues like shades, tones and hues.

But I will also say that I have seen paintings/artwork that looked so life-like that I had a hard time believing it wasn't a photograph...and the opposite, too

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Hellas

I think it would make a great black light poster.
That glass is perfect for waterski'n.

edit on Ram91214v08201400000006 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: beansidhe
a reply to: Hellas

Oh no! She's moved out.
Nessie's voted No!

HAHAHAHAHA Nessie dunnae alba forever!

I once put my toe in Loch Ness. And every time I saw a stick floating in the water I thought "Is that Nessie?"

'Twas an eerie day being out there, the RAF were doing maneuvers o'er head.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
It is a hoax created as a joke in light of the forthcoming referendum vote on Scottish independence.

Edited to add as stated above by Capitalsource.
edit on 12-9-2014 by chunder because: As stated.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I would like to see the original high resolution version of this photo.

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Originally posted by gazzerman

I would like to see the original high resolution version of this photo.

I would also like to see it. Just run the picture on photoshop. It doesn`t look like being tampered with at first glance. Shadows are good considering how the shadows of trees fall. Looking at water, it seems to be stationary, wasn`t moving for a while at least.

Thing that bothers me, however, is that is so low resolution picture and is blurred when zoomed in which can easily conceal the details on shadows, water and "thing" itself. Same goes for the second picture which is even worse when zoomed in.

It could easily be manipulated in this resolution. All I can say

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Just to show how easy it is to Photoshop something "in", I decided I would Photoshop Nessie "out" of this image.

There:

s4.postimg.org...

Vs:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 12 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: VCore

You could have done it better...you left traces of smudge tool in the middle

But yeah I agree it`s easy to do it for this resolution where it`s all blurred. As said, it`s all in the details and I would like to see high resolution original which I doubt even exists.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn
I zoomed in with my Google Chrome browser at 500% magnification.

At regular "100%" magnification it seems like the head might be reflected backwards (as you noted).

However, at 500% magnification it becomes clear that the head is not reflected at all -- the "backward head reflection" actually is a wave of water.
edit on 13-9-2014 by GoldKnight because: Changed my mind

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: GoldKnight
a reply to: watchitburn
I zoomed in with my Google Chrome browser at 500% magnification.

At regular "100%" magnification it seems like the head might be reflected backwards (as you noted).

However, at 500% magnification it becomes clear that the head is not reflected at all -- the "backward head reflection" actually is a wave of water.

My impression is, if this was a fake, we could see more distortion at 500% magnification (such as CGI distortion) -- but, that is not what I see at 500% magnification. Instead, the body of the creature attains far greater realistic crisp detail at 500% magnification.

Ye Gods!

tell me you are not seriously suggesting that this is real and there is a dinosaur living in Lake Windemere?

How did the human race make it so far?

Really?

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Cute how the English are even trying to claim the Loch Ness monster, amidst the kerfuffle over the Scottish vote for independence.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join