It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s is in big trouble—and it could get even worse

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

They would love you to think this, but there profits are down because of the protests. Boomers won't support them because they won't pay a livable wage to there children and grandchildren. IMO

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It is sad the state of food from these places. The easiest piece of meat to prepare has been hijacked by money. All you do is grind up a cow and make a patti. That is not hard but they had to pull all their food shenannigans and reduce the pattie down to a frozen piece of cardboard. We want a greasy piece of meat that soggs up the bun. It is not that hard to do. Perhaps their goal was to turn everyone into vegans.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Aw come on man, can't we hope that they can't adjust to this and go out of business? You and your realism... Just kidding, I know you are probably right since I too am a realist.

When I was in college I did a paper on how Coke and Mcdonalds have managed to remain on top after all this time at a global level. They learn and adapt right away. It really is amazing. Once while in a remote village in Tanzania that had no running water, no power and instead a well and a single generator for its western sponsored medical facility I was suprised to see a sign for Coke at one of the traders shacks. I had our translator ask if they really had any, and they did. Kept it in a net in the river which kept it cold and sold them to the occasional outsiders that passed by. When he ran low he could order more by sending a form out with whomever was heading into town and it would then come in with other supplies a week later. Now that is adapting.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
The regular coffee is good.

The fries went to s*** when they stopped using sheep fat. Kroc put a lot of R&D into the French fries; the health movement crapped all over his labor.

He revolutionized the dairy, potato, bakery, and beef industries.

Read all about it: Behind the Arches by John F. Love.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire

They would love you to think this, but there profits are down because of the protests. Boomers won't support them because they won't pay a livable wage to there children and grandchildren. IMO

The 14.5 percent in the Asia/Pacific, Middle East and Africa region did not have anything to do with the US and a few protests. The 2% drop in the US was about equal to the 2% drop in Europe. In Asia we know the problem was a temporary supply scandals causing the high numbers. The drops elsewhere are about the same. And I am also pretty sure nobody in Europe cares about some protests in the US. Also these are drops across the entire fast food industry mached by gains in the fast casual chains who do not pay a living wage either. So it is pretty simple to see where fast food customers are going and fast food chains will simply adjust. Just like when the million higher end burger chains opened, Mcdonalds saw the loss and adoted new types of burgers, when Starbucks took a bite, Mcdonalds started MCafe etc. This is the nature of the buisness. It would be nice to think that people made food choices based on what people pay their employs but, clearly they do not.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I personally hardly go there.
I think they will just do what they did last time their menu was attacked and add more healthy ( actually more junk) items. Lots of people don't want to eat this ground up garbage, but lots do and can't afford other places.

They need to change the menu.

I love their apple pies!! I would only miss them. Their hours are good I suppose.
edit on 11-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's time for the old guard corporations to leave and the new guard to come in. Maybe the new corps won't be much better but nevertheless, it is time for change. AS in all things in life, it's cyclical and no corporation lasts forever.

Out MCDs In Chipotle
Out Ford In Testla

but the world still moves forward. We won't all die.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   
This is normal for a corporation. A few bad weeks of trading is nothing. Now when to worry is if it is several quarters of stocks going down, then it is time to worry. But in the case of McDonalds, they will be around for a long time. The McDonalds business plan, is that they sell the rights to sell the product to someone who sets up shop and will follow their business plan. As long as the franchise stores remain open, this is nothing to worry about. Now if the individual franchise's start to close, then it will be a sign of trouble for McDonalds.

But with close to 33,000 franchises around the world, how in trouble is the company?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I think the criminally high gas prices have everything to do with it. Wall Street speculators are to blame. Not only has it hurt McDonalds, but it has hurt everything. Many working people, and the poor, simply do not have any extra money anymore. Gas sucks it all up. Great job, crooks! Gas should only be 60-80 cents a gallon.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Could someone explain this to me:

In the USA, servers get paid what? About 5$ per hour? And the rest comes from tips, right?

So the food is cheap and the tips should be high.

Now, at McD the servers get no tips, obviously. Now how much do they earn? 5$/hr, too?

Because that would be a meanie, in my eyes. Working day in, day out - having to hear "you are a server, you earn by tips!", when all you get is your measly McD-earnings.

Typically, a McDonalds worker will get minimum wage. In the 29 states that don't have an above federal minimum wage that's $7.45/hr. Tipped positions have a minimum wage of half that or so which means $3.70/hr with the expectation that tips will make up the rest.

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I'll switch to the 'healthy' food chains when Subway has a dollar menu
oh well thank you Mc D's for fattening me in my broke hungry state
BK here I come wait you no dollar menu Ok Wendys still know's what I need

right?

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasgirl
If they're going to raise minimum wage they need to step up their customer service and get the orders right!

Because you were thinking about raising it before and now they blew it.... yeah right. How about service sucks because they are underpaid, same as at Walmart. If you want service then you need to pay for it, or tell them you are willing to pay for it. You are not entitled to obligatory fake smiles and outstanding customer worship. Don't be so condescending, I doubt you're Queen Turd on Sh8t Mountain. Then again who knows. Sorry but I am sick of reading the "I'm so much better than they are" attitude that goes along with the wage issue.

To stay on topic I say let McDonalds fail. Have you seen the way they make shakes now? Disgusting, runny, gross. They tried to make a quick buck off the Coffee Cult and that's probably the only thing that has kept them afloat. Go to Youtube and search "fight at mcdonalds" -source- and you might get an idea of yet another reason people don't like going there anymore. Lets not even mention their abandonment of the classic "stand in a line" for "first come first serve" service... now people stand around and randomly go to the counter. It's like a clusterpuck... ahem...

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
You're Right Volund, The Micky D's around here are hangouts for Transients, Druggies and general Hooligans. I won't go in one even for a McCafe. They have become really Skeezy IMHO. Thanks for your reply and video and Star for you
Peace Arjunanda a reply to: Volund

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
You're Right Volund, The Micky D's around here are hangouts for Transients, Druggies and general Hooligans. I won't go in one even for a McCafe. They have become really Skeezy IMHO. Thanks for your reply and video and Star for you
Peace Arjunanda a reply to: Volund

It depends upon the neighborhood. We've got some very nice McD's where I live.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join