It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McDonald’s is in big trouble—and it could get even worse

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: StratosFear
Don't think I`d even take a leak in a Mickey D`s again. I always imagined they took dump truck loads of garbage, ground it up really good and then represented it as food with color and flavor additives. Its more than likely completely untrue and made up but the thought keeps me away. So much better quality food can be made at home.

Some businesses do go under and we should let them die with a bit of dignity rather than bail them out.

The only thing I ate (or liked) from McD's the past few years was their fries. I used to get a burger at Wendy's then go to the McD drive thru to get fries. Until a few months ago, when I found out not even their fries were made from edible products. I had known their burgers and Chicken Nuggets were bogus.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Logarock

Can't do what I do and be an unskilled worker.

Unless you know aircraft mechanics making ten an hour.

No offence but did you come in here to piss on the low wage and "unskilled"? A bit of labor elite mentality?

Its the same, in a large way, as to how they motivated Mexicans to come here and work cheep.....because americans were lazy azzes and wanted paid to much money.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Nope, not at all.

I spent years working these jobs until I grew a pair and started busting my ass to get better skills.

Just saying.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
Could someone explain this to me:

In the USA, servers get paid what? About 5$ per hour? And the rest comes from tips, right?

So the food is cheap and the tips should be high.

Now, at McD the servers get no tips, obviously. Now how much do they earn? 5$/hr, too?

Because that would be a meanie, in my eyes. Working day in, day out - having to hear "you are a server, you earn by tips!", when all you get is your measly McD-earnings.

Here is your answer
(explicit language)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Now that their margins are dropping they will make that crap taste even worse than it already does. The last sandwich I bought there hit the ground after one bite. Even the Seagulls left portions of it behind.

Good, make a crappier product and sell even less burgers. Must be a tough job when all your decisions to maximize profits result in lower sales.

"Here, lets try shooting ourselves in the other foot."

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Awesome so the strikes in North America are taking a toll, good for them. Now they need to pay a livable wage and use that as a advertisement campaign and there sales will boom.

In China they need to use meat suppliers that don't use rotten meat and they need to stop using floor seasoning in front of video cameras.

The power of the people are speaking and they are on the side of the workers!! VIVA Unions!!!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Can't do what I do and be an unskilled worker.

Unless you know aircraft mechanics making ten an hour.

It just hasn't hit you industry yet. Someday a mechanic will be wondering why he can barely feed his family and pay rent while airlines are making lots of money and kept in business by the government.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well when the time comes when everyone can do their own mechanical work on aircraft without the need to learn how it works I will worry about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Nope, not at all.

I spent years working these jobs until I grew a pair and started busting my ass to get better skills.

Just saying.

Dude, by the logic used to bitch about the price of a Big Mac under a wage hike, you are probably one of the reasons why flying costs so much.

If you ask me it takes a big pair for any self respecting worker to put his shoes on everyday and go to work for 10$ an hour.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely

The trade off is industry wide price rise - leading to more inflation !

You would need a wheel barrow full of folding to buy a big mac in the end !

The big mac is the global equaliser and indicator of economies - globally ! Lol !

It is the financial canary in the mine ( well - not really - but hey ! ).

Big repercussions ..

Henry Ford of Ford Motor Company, if he were alive, would disagree with you. Ford was the leading proponent of paying a good wage to workers. His thoughts were basically this: if you pay your workers enough so that they have the ability to buy your own product, then you are making consumers with that pay and not losing money.

Increasing pay to a sustainable level does not necessarily equate to losses. In fact, increased pay equals increased pocket money and increased pocket money means more revenues. A case in point for the execution of this would be Seattle--one of the few cities in the US that is flourishing and has a long track record of paying a much higher minimum wage than the rest of the US. For nearly all products, profits increase as unit sales volume increases. The products that don't follow this rule are high end luxury products for which rarity of the item is a value for the customer and they are willing to pay more for that rarity.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

I had a pizza from one of those while I was in Ireland, wow it was bad.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Dude, by the logic used to bitch about the price of a Big Mac under a wage hike, you are probably one of the reasons why flying costs so much.

I'm one of the reasons it doesn't.

Would you rather airlines and other air lift services pay to replace their airframes every single week, or repair components? I can tell you which one is more expensive.

I don't think McDs paying their employees more will bring up the cost of their crappy burgers more. I think that is a product of inflation.

If you ask me it takes a big pair for any self respecting worker to put his shoes on everyday and go to work for 10$ an hour.

Oh yes, its so brave to work below ones potential if effort is put in

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Whoa there hombre. There ain't no amigos n amigas on here, only ninja turtles and they don't like mc burgers
a reply to: arjunanda

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: LDragonFire
Awesome so the strikes in North America are taking a toll, good for them. Now they need to pay a livable wage and use that as a advertisement campaign and there sales will boom.

In China they need to use meat suppliers that don't use rotten meat and they need to stop using floor seasoning in front of video cameras.

The power of the people are speaking and they are on the side of the workers!! VIVA Unions!!!

No the problem is marketing to millennials who are willing to spend slightly more for slightly better quality at fast casual places like Chipolte, Moes, Panera Bread etc. And who are hard to reach through traditional advertising. So McDonalds will bring out some higher priced higher quality foods and find a company that is good at reaching milllennials through social media. McDonalds makes these adjustments all the time as certain generations change and they are very good at it.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
The reason air travel costs so much is because the airlines were deregulated and can pretty much charge what they like.
Same with McDonald's.
I understand the difference between skilled labor, and unskilled labor, but I can't reconcile anyone - with any skill set - being worth 385 times more than someone unskilled.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

No I don't expect the airline to skimp and certainly their customers don't. But in a large way we are talking apples and oranges. More power to you for your earning potential and skill.

As far as the rest yea, there are many that have to do what they have to do. I wouldn't call it unbrave or anything negative. It sounds like snobbish labor elitism. You should be happy you had what it takes to make a better income and try to avoid wiping your feet on lesser wage earners. there are only so many of those jobs to go around anyway. We should try to remain humble considering there are just a lot of people in every generation who have dodged bullets for their country and the like that have to work for whatever they can get.

edit on 11-9-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Aw come on man, can't we hope that they can't adjust to this and go out of business? You and your realism... Just kidding, I know you are probably right since I too am a realist.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Any thinking person will pass McDs buy on the way to the corner 7/11. There's the place for REALjunk food in the form of slim jims, bbq chips, huge pickeled pickels, and cheap beer or a pint of Dark Eyes. And a great place to hang with your homies and avoid all the screaming children and their fat mothers.
edit on 11-9-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I like how so many of the same names I see demanding a $15 min wage for the fast food workers are in here cheering the idea of the fast food joints going out of business.

Yeah, you all care so much about those poor, underpaid workers ... so much that you're all cheering them right out of any job at all!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Maybe, just maybe THEY COULD TURN IT ALL AROUND BY SERVING REAL FOOD......NAW....PROLLY NOT...

<< 1  2    4 >>

join