It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar Eclipse UFO filmed 8/28/2007

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I started reading on this website about a year ago. It wasn't until yesterday evening I found an old thread about me. I have tried to put a lot of stuff out of my mind, but something's you can't. I have a lot of things to talk about. I will need guidance through this journey. I am Jeromy Staggs, I filmed a unidentified floating object in front of moon during the lunar eclipse in August 28, 2007. Who wants to talk?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: JeromyStaggs

i,m even questioning thats the moon,could just be a ball light with a moth crawling over it .its the fact i don,t even see any features of the moon and even with camera phones these days i would still think you would make that out.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
This video came about because our local news paper had printed an article saying mars was making a close approach, so I thought I would film it for my daughter. It never came. They meant to say lunar eclipse. I woke up at 5:20 am, my wife looked out the window to see that the eclipse had almost reached half way, I get up and go out with my camera, the first part of the video is where I accidentally hit the snap shot button, but I was Gonna film a little bit, turn it off, film a little bit,turn it off. When I started filming the first part I was zooming in and out and when looking through the eye piece it is in black and white so I did not notice detail but when viewing on the tv you can actually see a shadow moving across the moon, I know that sounds crazy. That's one reason I am here, to have the experts give it a close look. When the video starts again that is when the one side of object comes into view, and I agree at first it almost looks like a plane but it is floating sideways and then up. I could see it with my naked eye but wanted my binocs to see better. I first thought it was the space station. But the pictures wasn't matching up. I first reported it to nuforc, mufon, then on Monday morning contacted the head of the Space Science Center at Morehead State University, he told me he was busy but I persisted and he agreed to meet with meet briefly. Me and my wife drove to the university where he viewed the video, and viewed the video. Before it was all said and done there was four professors my wife and me watching my minute something video for 3 and 1/2 hours!!! They finally had to go teach but they told me it wasn't any earth orbit object or the space station and it was huge.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Yay..
Thread away.
Go back to the thread from Aug. 2007
Like I said last night.
There were at least 3 mods wanting to track you down then and ask questions.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well it's certainly unidentified and appears to be flying I'll give you that. Tripods are a best friend to that kind of shot, even a cheap one. I could watch that for ten hours and have no clue. I was gonna call Cessna something or other until it morphed. Hard to say based on the shot for me anyway.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

More to it than meets the eye it would seem.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
Yay..
Thread away.
Go back to the thread from Aug. 2007
Like I said last night.
There were at least 3 mods wanting to track you down then and ask questions.
I would love to talk to some mods.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
It looks like the shadow of an early airplane.

I'm guessing the effects making it look like something other than the moon are from the quality of the camera/upload?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
To me it looked like it floated. There are shadows in the first part of the video that almost appears to be a v shape moving from right to left, like there was another something coming around the lower side of the moon projecting a shadow on the moon. That is what I want looked at just as much as the object.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
When viewing on my tv, I can adjust the brightness and see the shadows even clearer.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I will get copies in raw data form for any experts that might be interested. I really would like to have this looked at closely.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   

With todays technology Ill take a pass on all of these videos and wait for the real ones. If there really are ufos we will see someone with real technology really photo or film a clear example... stuff like this is just a waste of time imo.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

With todays technology Ill take a pass on all of these videos and wait for the real ones. If there really are ufos we will see someone with real technology really photo or film a clear example... stuff like this is just a waste of time imo.
We'll you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but that is why I'm here starting this thread, it is not a waste of my time. It is my video and I did film something. I have the original and and had it copyrighted. So if it is a waste of your time move on.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArmyOfNobunaga

I do hear that. With the billions of high tech gadgets out there with stupidly high resolution, I always wonder why there is nothing but fuzzy yarbles for images posted as proof

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Thanks for taking the time to share this story with those of us who weren't aware of the 2007 thread. I am interested to know what has transpired over the past seven years that would lead you this site and to revisit the event? I watched the video, and believe you may have caught something remarkable (not a moth or strap).

edit on 9102014 by seattlerat because: I saw a FELINE and decided to HIDE

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hi Mr Staggs and welcome aboard,

Here's the old 2007 thread.

At the very first page "lost_shaman" said that it could simply be a power line that was in the shot between the camera and the moon.
And later:

In fact we can see a pole and powerlines right where the guy is pointing to show where he filmed the clip.

And again later...

If you'll notice the Moon in the video is very bright on the left side, where the power line appears to fade out. But on the right side of the Moon the Moon is mainly in shade, this allows you to see part of the power line. The power line DOES in fact cross the entire width of the Moon. It just appears that it doesn't because the camera is slightly off focus from the nearby power line and the bright lefthand side of the Moon is bleeding out the slightly out of focus power line.

Seems like there was a debate at that time about the azimuth you were filming at... West or South-West?

Anyway, at the very last frames of the video, what appears to be the top of a pole can be seen:

The above comparison was made by one of the admin of the defunct open minds forum.

Now, a simple thing for you to do that could definitely confirm or disprove the "pole/splice-box theory", if you agree, could be to just take some zoomed shoots of the top of the power poles that can be seen from the place where you were filming, toward the west and south-west.
edit on 11-9-2014 by elevenaugust because: spelling

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elevenaugust

I would agree that the end of his video looks exactly like a power line, but I don't think that is the anomaly he is referring to. At 25 secs or so in, if you pause the video, you do see what clearly looks like a triangular style craft. At first I just seen the shadow of 2 slanted lines, but when paused, it definitely looks like it is an illuminated 3d triangle craft. Could someone please get a screenshot of what I am talking about since I am unable do that from my IPad? It would be greatly appreciated to ensure posters are not getting confused.
edit on 9 11 2014 by CynConcepts because: Spelling correction

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

Thanks for taking the time to share this story with those of us who weren't aware of the 2007 thread. I am interested to know what has transpired over the past seven years that would lead you this site and to revisit the event? I watched the video, and believe you may have caught something remarkable (not a moth or strap).

Thank you. I never was part of the first thread. Not much with the video had put it on the back burner, I was working away. I can tell you what brought me to this sight was trying to find other people like me, because when you experience something it changes you. I have seen 9 unidentified crafts since the 8th grade, 6 in daytime and 3 at night. There are other experiences, one with wife and son that changed the way I think for the rest of my life. It started out as a blessing because you know something other people don't, but has become a curse because you think about it everyday and just want answers. Just ask anyone around me, I'm one of the easiest going people you have ever met and am true to my word. And I come from a small town population 3200, everybody knows everybody. I have never talked publicly about a lot of this, except with friends and family. But now I'm ready.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I can tell you for fact the moon was just above the tree line. And in the picture where my arm is pointing, it is parallel to the line on the right. That put the moon well left of the power pole and was just above the tree line and when people came to investigate and see they understand there would have been no way of capturing that pole and moon unless I was almost standing almost under it. There was gps taken and daytime panorama shots of my front yard take and tree line. The image on the left comparing the spice to my video is not a picture of my pole. In the pic from my video the little dark image on the right that comes into view is actually one of the trees. At the end of the video I was standing about ten feet away from my trailer and started walking sideways toward the window to have my wife get my binocs because when viewing through my eye piece on the camera It is in black and white and I thought I was losing my view so I wanted my binocs to see if I could see it in the dark part of the moon. When I beat on the the window she went got them for me and when I looked again it was gone. In the video you can actually here me go hmm.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I found this old news footage some one put on you tube from channel 36 WTVQ abc of my video. It states drone image at beginning of video but I never said that, the person that uploaded the news footage put that on there. Thought you all might like it.

youtu.be...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join