It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Like UFO captured on Video night of Eclipse? (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Hi, this video was in kentucky. A man claims that a UFO floated past the eclipsed moon. The thing is the UFO reminds me of that crapy drone.

Could it be a tree branch?

See Video Here

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I don't think it's a tree branch.

Also, nothing really looks like it was flying either.

I watched the video at work, so I couldn't turn up the volume, I'll watch again tonight, I want to hear what the guy has to say.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   
nice video looks like the drone alright except this is real,

i wonder if thats the secret space station i've heard about.
flagged

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
well, i have no idea what it is, but i was surprised by the news guy.

the report didnt end with the usual smirk and a "funny" line, instead he said: maybe you should go out and look for yourself, or something like that.

so, i guess thats an improvement.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Holy crap! I can't believe I'm just now seeing this. I live about 20 minutes away from this guy. I just graduated from Morehead State a few years ago!

I'm gonna head up there this weekend and see if I can chat with that guy. I'm ashamed I had no prior knowledge of this!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Not sure what it is, but it could be an antenna on top of a house, or a tree branch.

One thing for sure, whatever it is is NOT moving. The apparent movement is caused by the movement of the moon, not the object. I'd like to see a shot in daylight from the exact same area.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Not sure what it is, but it could be an antenna on top of a house, or a tree branch.

Dont you think the scientist that examined the video at Moorehead State U. would have used a tree branch or antenna as an explanation if it was possible those objects were the cause?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
hard to say

I dont think its a drone but it was something and it did move

makes you wonder what the WHOLE video showed and not just a snippit

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I'd like to see a shot in daylight from the exact same area.

As I said, I'm going to head down there this weekend and see if I can get out to this guy's house and take a look. I've met him a few times so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll let you guys know if I find anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks NYK...now that's going above and beyone the call of duty to investigate. Kudos to you :-) Make sure to let me know what you see, and take some pics :-)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yeap, the first thing said that raised a flag for me in that interview by the photog was "it was just above that tree line there..." that in itself lends a lot of credence to the possibility of the object be attached to the earth in some way. Movement could be the natural rotation of the earth doing that, although seems a little fast to be that to me. Could also be the camera operator himself creating the movement. Maybe NYK will bring back some good info to smash my theories to bits.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
We need to know how high about the horizon the moon was if it was high enough to clear the tree line..very weird though

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
From first glance total drone match IMO. Very good video, nice find. Could be part of a wider hoax. Original footage needed. I see no way to prove it either way as of now. I can work on this video in Avid. I need a ripped file of this video to import. Anyone have a flash ripper they could rip this for me??
DWT

[edit on 25-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Here`s an article with more information.

Drone UFO video in Kentucky.
American Chronicle Article

"The professors told me they thought it was in our atmosphere just after first viewing it, but in the beginning of the video a shadow or something move across the moon pry-or to the object."

[edit on 25-9-2007 by bridas]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
After watching the video I certainly couldn't guess to what it could be. What is cool is that the video comes from a genuine source and experts at a university have checked it out and can't explain it either. Therefore, this is a genuine UFO. Pretty cool

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
This is for real, folks.
Its the same Drone

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
One thing that is really interesting about this is that it ocurred during an eclipse. Assuming the video isn't fake and I believe it isn't, someone or something likely knew that many people would be looking to the skies on this particular night.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:31 PM
link   
To me it looks just like a power line was in the shot between the camera and the moon. They often look just like that right before they connect to the pole.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Could someone be kind enough to further explain this 'drone' business to a lowly newbie on the forums?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It doesn't look like the moon is in eclipse, but just one of its phases.
But whatever that "thing" is, it's either pretty large. Not a speck of
dirt on the camera lens either, because it didn't move when the
camera jiggled a bit. In fact, it looks like this gentleman had his
camera on a tripod, because the image is remarkably steady for
being zoomed in like that.

To the prior poster who wanted to be educated on drones, just do
a forum searh on that word and you'll find a lot of recent (Summer 07)
discussions on the subject.

To the original poster, thanks for this thread. Great find!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join