It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists recruiting in Canada

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

VIDEO LINK
www.youtube.com...

TERRORISTS RECRUITING IN CANADA

CNN did a very important piece on extremism in Calgary, the city where I live.

Up to 5 recruits from a nearby Downtown Mosque are fighting with ISIS. I guess a few of them being found dead in Middle East is what tipped the media off. One was actually a white kid from Nova Scotia, moved to Calgary.. Converted from Catholic to Muslim, met with others at the mosque and flew over. (So goes the story) That is absolute insanity.

I'd rather them take the fight over there. Anyone who believes.. well.. in The Caliphate.
edit on 10-9-2014 by Maxmars because: Please avoid all capital letters in thread titles

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

Going from freedom and independence in Canada to being used as a suicide vest deployment device, Darwin Award winners for sure.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

There's got to be a cell there somewhere physically recruiting these idiots. Canada's SCIS needs to kick in a few doors, deport the ring leader and stomp out any glowing embers remaining. I know Britain is revoking passports and that's a great idea. Let these cockroaches swarm to the middle east like the scumparasites they are and they can choke on the sand that buries them there for all eternity.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Scary..well sort of, makes me angry more than scared at all, the ones that left can stay gone..forever, those eager to go..don't let the door hit you on the way out and don't come back. It should be stated as public policy as of now..go and you renounce your citizenship.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Revoke passports.
Plant sleeper agents within the mosques to get inside intel.
Monitor all travel.

Those are the three steps I would first take if I was in charge up there. It's difficult though, your gut instinct is to deny them of privacy and spy on them, but that is precisely the violation of liberties that we need to avoid.

Puts you between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

There's got to be a cell there somewhere physically recruiting these idiots. Canada's SCIS needs to kick in a few doors, deport the ring leader and stomp out any glowing embers remaining. I know Britain is revoking passports and that's a great idea. Let these cockroaches swarm to the middle east like the scumparasites they are and they can choke on the sand that buries them there for all eternity.

Why not start by kicking in your own door and leave the rest of us alone? People who advocate violence against violence should be the first to be violated.

No front door will be just the invitation needed to attract burglars and bugger's. You might be forced to learn how to protect yourself and let others worry about themselves.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Not just Canada,Australian Federal Police arrested two at an Islamic Bookshop in my suburb today for recruiting and funding fighters for Syria,60km away the people of Currumbin were protesting a proposed mosque which got approved despite large petitions things are getting a little concerning our terrorist threat level just got raised and my city holds the G20 Summit in a month or so.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Darwin Award winners for sure.

People are such hypocrites. Didn’t we go over there and bomb and destabilise Iraq in the name of God (well according to Bush)? I’m quite sure we recruited far more of them than they have of us to help slaughter innocent people. Then we scratch our heads and wonder why they’re so hostile against us white anglo devils.

Sometimes I have to hang my head in shame just knowing I’m the same species as these religious nut jobs, muslims, Christians, whatever!

Western Governments and MSM really do have people right where they want them, scared, angry and calling for blood. 911 just doesn’t have the same fight or flight response as it once did, so they’re indoctrinating us with more fuel for the fire.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

It can be looked that way, but you need to understand this is a global phenomenon. ISIS fighters are recruited even from countries which had nothing to do with Bush administration acts in Iraq. From Finland alone there are estimated 130 muslims who have finnish passport and went to fight with ISIS. Now tell me Finland was part of the a mess Bush made in Iraq !
edit on 10-9-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: gatorboi117

Plant sleeper agents within the mosques to get inside intel.

Who exactly will the agents be? The same who stirred up what we are dealing with?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

No matter what the subject is some people will always put the US at the centre of the discussion.

I look at it like this: if you are walking through a forest and you find a man lying on the ground with an arrow piercing his body, you go to him and try to help him and save his life, you don't ask him who shot the arrow and why.

It's the same with ISIS, their origins are disputed, their motivations are disputed.

For me these things do not matter right now, they are fanatical butchers who have to be somehow stopped.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
The butchers cannot be stopped if they are perpetuated by inside sources. Goodluck, maybe a TSA-like system in every airport, on every highway and even in your local mall to throughout the world can help?!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

They have to be stopped, how do you suppose we accomplish this? By acting like "fanatical butchers" maybe?

Fighting fire with fire, so the cycle of hate and brutality from both sides can just go on and on.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Did I propose the use of violence?

Many of ISIS's members are foreign fighters, many of them are radicalised young people. We can try to tackle this problem in our own countries where they are being recruited.

I think most sensible people are aware at this stage that the West's use of violence on Muslim countries only adds to this cycle. But whatever way you look at it, something must be done. ISIS are not content with just setting up a caliphate and leaving everyone alone after that.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

I totally agree with you, and very much agree with going after and arresting anyone involved in recruiting for ISIS (or al-Qaeda for that matter). These recruiters and their helpers are the ones radicalising people in the first place - basically, they are the source.

As far as does this have anything to do with anger against western countries, quite frankly no. It doesn't. Think about this, if NATO invaded your country, are you going to wait until NATO leaves and then start chopping people's heads off? No, if your angry with NATO you fight NATO - not your own people after they are gone.

This is a whole 'nother animal altogether. It's one that really is out of our nightmares, but is very very very real. It's a real threat to us all, and now, when we need to stand together against it the most, people can't/wont even believe it exists.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   

So... there is another breeding ground for Terrorists besides the UK???

Good to know.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

Canadian CSIS can't be trusted with their investigation results, I've dealt with these people

They are morons living of CIA glory which supervises them.

CSIS is like an idiot brother of powerful and brutal criminal (cia)

Like that movie Eastern Promises, where that mafia boss has a son who is a small time idiot, that's CSIS

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

But it's okay for Israel to recruit from Canada?

Large numbers of Jews from all around the world go to the ME to fight with the JDF.

After they've perpetrated war crimes against Palestinian children they are welcomed 'home' to vote in Canadian elections.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in this policy?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: mcChoodles

originally posted by: FlySolo

Why not start by kicking in your own door and leave the rest of us alone? People who advocate violence against violence should be the first to be violated.

No front door will be just the invitation needed to attract burglars and bugger's. You might be forced to learn how to protect yourself and let others worry about themselves.

I'm not sure what you're saying. What do you mean by leaving the rest of you alone? Do you support Islamic radicals going to the ME to join ISIS?

eta: maybe English isn't your first language. "kicking in doors" is a figure of speech. It means to do an investigation.
edit on 10-9-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic

But it's okay for Israel to recruit from Canada?

Large numbers of Jews from all around the world go to the ME to fight with the JDF.

After they've perpetrated war crimes against Palestinian children they are welcomed 'home' to vote in Canadian elections.

Does anyone else see the hypocrisy in this policy?

I'll ask you the same question. Do you support ISIS?
edit on 10-9-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join