It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Can't Happen Here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
What if what's happening in West Africa happened here? What if Americans were quarantined without food and water? Because there just wasn't enough? What if it was your mother, or your child, or your grandfather? Or you? ….Do you really think it can't happen here?

….a man escaped from an Ebola quarantine centre in Monrovia on Monday and sent people fleeing in fear as he walked through a market in search of food, a Reuters witness said.

….Another witness said patients at the treatment centre did not receive enough food.

….Shortages of basic goods, foodstuffs and medical equipment have been worsened by a decision by some airlines to stop flying to the worst hit countries. Several neighbouring states have closed their borders and many international organisations have pulled out their foreign staff. ….

I just got back from a FEMA Detainment Camp

…Jesse Jackson was right when he said "refugees" was not the appropriate word for the poor souls dislocated due to Katrina. But he was wrong about why it is not appropriate. It's not appropriate because they are detainees, not refugees.

edit on 1/9/14 by soficrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Tell me about it. Gf tells me all the time how something like a pandemic could never affect America because instances like Hurricane Sandy proved how fast it bounced back.

Don't ask me...

Most Americans assume things will bounce back quickly because there'll be backup systems, a structure fully operational to repair the infrastructure, replenish the supplies and maintain calm and order. If something does happen that warrants quarantines and some kind of military presence then guess what, that structure of redundancies that replenishes the stores isn't going to come back online for a very long time.

So the country won't bounce back. We're not prepared. We assume there's backups and help coming right away. Help does not mean stripping citizens of civil liberties in the name of order.

If a lot of my fellow Americans would realize that they'd understand what can and will happen when a situation is exploited to disrupt and then introduce an even more oppressive system.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It brings home why we need to be prepared. Everytime I try, my kids must be growing. I will certainly keep trying.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

I'll tell you why it will bounce back, because the rich won't let it collapse along with the dollar. The only way it doesn't bounce back, is if they drain everything the U.S. has to offer and tell it to go F its sister.

The only thing I worry about is a civil war at this point. Seems this current administration is great at dividing the races and it's getting worse every day.
edit on 9/1/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

They'll let it collapse then it'll be absorbed into the new order. It won't bounce back because the world will be a very, very different place.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

They'll let it collapse then it'll be absorbed into the new order. It won't bounce back because the world will be a very, very different place.

I don't know. They're making tons of money right now and I don't see them doing anything to jeopardize that. Running the U.S. is pretty much like running the world, so I don't think this NWO thing holds water.
edit on 9/1/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   

There already is some kind of network that binds all governments behind the screen. And I think they're simply going to shift the main source of wealth somewhere else. Today there's a nwo of sorts in place because every corporation, every source of wealth, nearly every source of raw material is owned or controlled in some way by the same people. They orchestrate events and manipulate people's opinions and views of the world. They keep us in the dark.

If anything a new order is them ruling over a population considerably smaller than the one we have now and enslaving us right in the open by making sure the people know everything is derived from the same, security-providing forces.

I'm exhausted so that might be hard to understand. All the best Optimus, I agree controlling the US is like controlling the world but we now have China and other nations taking what America once did like manufacturing.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   

There already is some kind of network that binds all governments behind the screen. And I think they're simply going to shift the main source of wealth somewhere else. Today there's a nwo of sorts in place because every corporation, every source of wealth, nearly every source of raw material is owned or controlled in some way by the same people. They orchestrate events and manipulate people's opinions and views of the world. They keep us in the dark.

If anything a new order is them ruling over a population considerably smaller than the one we have now and enslaving us right in the open by making sure the people know everything is derived from the same, security-providing forces.

I'm exhausted so that might be hard to understand. All the best Optimus, I agree controlling the US is like controlling the world but we now have China and other nations taking what America once did like manufacturing.

I understand where you're coming from. My reasoning behind the U.S. remaining in power is because it's the perfect setup and location to evolve. If you take China into account, they're living on top of one another and their population is insane. The cash cow that is the U.S. is protected on all side by any rogue entities and has a vast amount of resources. I see them maintaining a power structure from the U.S. and trying to maintain it as best they can. I can't see them moving the power structure just because.

Hopefully it doesn't happen in my lifetime if they do.
edit on 9/2/2014 by OptimusCrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Hope it doesn't happen in our lifetimes but it looks like it will. Ugh, this planet can be beautiful for everybody but they'd rather hoard than share.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Tell me about it. Gf tells me all the time how something like a pandemic could never affect America because instances like Hurricane Sandy proved how fast it bounced back.

Don't ask me...

Most Americans assume things will bounce back quickly because there'll be backup systems, a structure fully operational to repair the infrastructure, replenish the supplies and maintain calm and order. If something does happen that warrants quarantines and some kind of military presence then guess what, that structure of redundancies that replenishes the stores isn't going to come back online for a very long time.

So the country won't bounce back. We're not prepared. We assume there's backups and help coming right away. Help does not mean stripping citizens of civil liberties in the name of order.

If a lot of my fellow Americans would realize that they'd understand what can and will happen when a situation is exploited to disrupt and then introduce an even more oppressive system.

We have no control over whether the country could function and bounce back. All we can control is what we, personally, are prepared to survive. Most people don't even have the most rudimentary medical, food, and water supplies.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
It brings home why we need to be prepared. Everytime I try, my kids must be growing. I will certainly keep trying.

I don't understand what "Everytime I try, my kids must be growing" means. Could you explain?
edit on 2-9-2014 by Tangerine because: corrected typo

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine
Growing kids eat more. Boys especially I'm told.

So when you see children eat more and not get chubby rather get taller. I assume they're so hungry because they're growing.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: soficrow

Is it wrong to think that America needs to be taken down a notch.

It seems right, but it isn't, because Traitorous US government itself wants to take American down a notch.

And for that reason, I don't agree it should be done.

Convoluted logic, for convoluted world.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: BaconNeggs2

I'm often surprised how topics shift and take on new directions. Go figure.

VIDEO

….The patient escaped from Monrovia's Elwa hospital, which last month was so crowded with cases of the deadly disease that it had to turn people away.

One woman at the scene said: "The patients are hungry, they are starving. No food, no water."

…..There has been widespread panic buying, a shortage of staple foods and severe prices in Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia since movement restrictions were imposed to stop the spread of the virus.

At one market stall in Liberia, a nation which has suffered 694 fatalities so far, the price of cassava skyrocketed by 150% in a matter of days.

And despite the UN's World Food Programme launching an emergency operation to get 65,000 tonnes of supplies sent to deprived areas, many patients in quarantined areas are starving.

…..Vincent Martin of the FAO added: "Even prior to the ebola outbreak, households in some of the affected areas were spending up to 80% of their incomes on food.

"Now these latest price spikes are effectively putting food completely out of their reach."

Ebola outbreak threatens food security in hardest-hit countries

Labour shortages on farms, bushmeat restrictions could lead to widespread hunger

The world's worst Ebola epidemic has put harvests at risk and sent food prices soaring in West Africa, the UN Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) said on Tuesday, warning the problem would intensify in coming months.

….Restrictions on people's movements and the establishment of quarantine zones to contain the spread of the hemorrhagic fever has led to panic buying, food shortages and price hikes in countries ill-prepared to absorb the shock.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
The United States did it...

new topics

top topics

join