It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ruwa, Zimbabwe 20 years later and the 701 new movie.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
There is a new movie in production called 701... follow the link to the sight for the cases and videos. In the Zimbabwe case they present the history of the event and what I found interesting was they went back and interviewed the children 20 years later..

I remember this case very well and it has never been debunked to my satisfaction even though there have been those who have tried..

Ruwa Zimbabwe, September 14th, 1994: An estimated 150 school children during morning recess witnessed several disc shaped flying objects land on an adjacent field. Two, possibly three, beings exited the crafts and interacted with the children. The encounter lasted about 15 minutes.

The students described the beings as approximately 3 feet tall, skinny with large heads and huge black almond shaped eyes. For the first time since the encounter, several of the children (now young adults) are reunited to recount the incident. This case is considered one the best modern-day close encounters of the third kind.

If not for John Mack doing the interview 20 years ago with the kids this case might have never come to light or certainly would be less known.
701themovie.com...#
In one of the cases they did an interview with Kenneth Arnold's daughter and she produced some photos supposedly given to Kenneth during an airforce intel interview seeing if what he saw matched the airforce photos..
701themovie.com...
Enjoy

P.S. will post a youtube vid with Jimmy Church discussing the movie and many other things

edit on 30-8-2014 by 727Sky because: added video

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
S&F because this has always been an interesting case to me as well and I had absolutely no idea that they were going to make a movie about it! I am excited to see it and the way they spin/interpret/portray it.

Thanks for the share, I would have most likely missed it if not for your thread. I don't get cable anymore to see all the commercials/previews.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Looks like it could be an interesting film. I was clicking the link with one eye squinted and expecting the usual self-defeating credulous stuff we're always seeing. 'Aliens are here!' 'The greatest secret ever!' 'We've made our minds up yay!'

They've picked good cases with theLonnie Zamora Incident, Ken Arnold and Ruwa. Not so sure about Varginha as that was like a wasp's nest of wild claims and impossible (for me) to buy into.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Thank's for posting this! It sounds very promising, so it should turn out to be a good documentary on some very interesting cases.

I was looking for a release date with no luck, but I guess we can expect this later in the year?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The blatant inconsistencies between some of the children's stories about this event has always bothered me. I remember watching some of the interviews earlier on this year and the way that some of the children said the 'alien' had long hair while the others said he was bald always just seemed so bizarre to me. I mean its not an easy mistake to make. one of the kids said at firest they thought it was an alien and then realized it was just the janitor!? Also the number of space ships that landed seems to vary a lot, some say 1 some say 2 and others say three.

I also never liked the way that the people interviewing the children at the time would just feed them suggestions which the children would either agree or disagree to rather than just let them tell their own stories. They also interviewed some of them in groups 20 at a time while feeding them suggestions on what they might have seen, heard or felt.

I just had a look at the preview of the video and it looks like to me that they may be using actors for some of it because i don't recognize the children or the footage.

edit on 30-8-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
701themovie.com...#

Starting in the late 1940′s, technological devices were invading our airspace with total impunity. Glinting metallic disks which could accelerate and maneuver in ways hard to imagine were being seen in incredible numbers by reliable witnesses – many of them pilots. We had just exploded the atomic bomb and interestingly, the state of New Mexico seemed to be highly targeted by these devices.

The X-files told millions that the truth was out there but what is the truth about UFOs? As the forties turned into the fifties, many believed they were simply a space aged myth, just errant balloons and the planet Venus. Others were equally convinced that the government knew we were being monitored or invaded and the Pentagon was hiding the great secret from the public. What if BOTH sides were wrong? What if the truth was something else – something equally unexpected? 701.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am looking forward to the movie.

I am not to happy with some of the cases they picked though. Soccoro has been done to death.

Does anyone know when the movie will be released.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm really looking forward for this, you have some of the multiple witnesses, 20 years later, already grown up, describing exactly the same experience they lived as childs. As I see it you have 2 options: they're all lied then, and 20 years later they opted to continue lying (?) or they really saw something 'alien'.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

As I see it you have 2 options: they're all lied then, and 20 years later they opted to continue lying (?) or they really saw something 'alien'.

Actually there are many plausible scenarios none of which require lying or alien involvement but they are just as unprovable as anything else.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Marked for future watching, I've never been deep into that case but I think it's interesting... I don't know what case is a real case and not some disinfo anymore, though.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Good that they will bring up that incident in zimbabwe again, also the one in Brazile.
It hasn't gotten enough coverage as it is supposed to in the pulblic eye. I just hope they wont spinn it into something it was not like all movie makers do.

Keep it real and honest. Plz.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: spazze
Keep it real and honest. Plz.

Unfortunately, what sells is sensationalism. We will hear the children's stories without hearing the inconsistencies between those stories. We will see drawings of the UFO(s), but not the drawings that don't match at all. We will see drawings of the alien(s), but not the ones that are completely different from each other. We will see the title of "Dr." used for John Mack to create some kind of validity to this story, without knowing his history with this phenomena.

In other words, it will be like every other UFO/alien story out there.

posted on Dec, 22 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think it was a Coast to Coast am interview where James mentioned the documentary would be released in 2015. He also expressed his hope it would get a theatrical release. It would be awesome to watch a UFO documentary on the big screen! I think UFO: It has begun was the only other documentary to get a theatrical release.
edit on 22-12-2014 by ufosareawesome because:

posted on Feb, 7 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
What happened to this movie?

The website has been down for well over a month. I can't find any status update anywhere. Am I missing something?

posted on Jun, 5 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
What is the password?

posted on May, 7 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I'm curious too, this was talked about years ago and still no news of a release date. And the website, yeah...it asks for a password but gives no option to register

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This story gives me chills.

posted on May, 8 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Actually there is a film on the way, but a different one: Ariel Phenomenon

There are also some threads on ATS, for example:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You may also have a look in Youtube to find excerpts of interviews with some of the children.

This case is fascinating.

top topics

join