It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Arrest Made in Vicious, Possibly Racially Motivated Beating of U.S. Marine

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

David Knighten, an Air Force veteran of the Afghanistan War who was with Weems during the attack, recalled “racial slurs” being shouted during the beating. Further, he said a man politely told him outside a Waffle House that the restaurant wasn’t a safe place for whites as people were angry over the fatal shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri.

After Weems argued with some people inside the Waffle House, police were called and he and Knighten left. They reportedly went to a Huddle House restaurant, Knighten says they were followed by a group of men.

Witnesses reportedly told police the group was made up of black males, but no one could identify them.

I hope this attack wasn't racially motivated, but it probably was based on information available. It so, it is disgusting for someone to be harmed simply for their race, regardless of color or ethnic background. I find the beating of an ex-serviceman to be even more repugnant.

If this was related to Ferguson, as the article suggests, then all that was accomplished was an escalation of violence. There cannot be justice for anyone while justice isn't available to everyone.

Source

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   

(post by MX61000 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SNIP
SNIPPED previously removed post content

So what? A human being was beaten for no reason other than his race and you don't think that is a problem? Wow, just wow.

edit on 26-8-2014 by burdman30ott6 because: Cleanup of terms & conditions of use violation

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Sounds like he got in a verbal altercation with a group of people. Might that have been the source of the aggression and not skin color?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Sounds like he got in a verbal altercation with a group of people. Might that have been the source of the aggression and not skin color?

Not being there, it's obviously impossible to know for sure. However, just because there was a verbal altercation does not exclude racial motivations.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Yes, it might. The article suggested the possible hate crime angle based upon the racial slurs being used and the fact that the two white me were warned away from the area for being white.

My mind is always open. Hopefully we will get more information as the investigation proceeds.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: MX61000
So what, the former slave holder's lineage has been beating and killing black people for centuries. I would say, it's about that Time.. Hahaha!!!
The way I see it if you're not a “ believer ", doesn't matter what color you are, your days are numbered... And it doesn't matter what you think...

So what? A human being was beaten for no reason other than his race and you don't think that is a problem? Wow, just wow.

The thing I hate most about this world is that people think the evil acts done against black people can simply just be swept under the rug and forgotten...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

No, it was racially motivated. Call it what it is. The MSM won't label it racial. Unless, of course, the principal players roles were reversed.
If it was a group of whites assaulting a black, Al Sharpton and Eric Holder would've been in MS in a second.

"David Knighten was approached outside by another diner who told him they should leave because a group of black men were “upset by the killing of 18-year-old Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, and it wasn’t a safe place for whites,...........”
www.infowars.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
And the sad part about it is that some weak black people side with others by sweeping it under the rug, all because they want to continue to further please the people of this world and enjoy the world. You're on a sinking ship.
edit on AugX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

And the sad part about it is that some weak black people side with others by sweeping it under the rug, all because they want to continue to further please the people of this world and enjoy the world. You're on a sinking ship.

The reason our ship is sinking is because people are too stupid to let the past be the past. I was born into a world a human being...innocent and free. You are the one trying to heap this pile of steaming dog crap on me.

If you have guilt you can keep it...my race is HUMAN and I stand with other humans. If you want to be part of the old world of black and white then feel free, but count me out.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Go down there to Ferguson any town USA and tell them people it ain't about race.

I hope you can run…

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Possibly race motivated? Thats a joke. Cold blooded murder.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: MX61000

Yeah, can't allow something from the past to interfere with the present or future......seeing that the victim was not nor has been a slave owner.....and the men doing the beating are not owned slaves..

I say racism from the black man to the white man can't exist......just like what the race pimps Sharpton and Jackson promote.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The reason our ship is sinking is because people are too stupid to let the past be the past. I was born into a world a human being...innocent and free. You are the one trying to heap this pile of steaming dog crap on me.

If you have guilt you can keep it...my race is HUMAN and I stand with other humans. If you want to be part of the old world of black and white then feel free, but count me out.

Hahaha!!! Oh yeah, and it's not “our“ ship, it's your ship and others. And its stupid when you don't analyze the events of the past, how could someone be that stupid to walk into a trap, come on we talking about the beating and killing of black people for four centuries, that's a long time and I think that would make a real weak coward of a black person to just sweep that under the rug. Forgive "maybe if Allah wills" never f'in forget... I'm only referring to the former slave holder's lineage who wanted to keep black people slaves...
edit on AugX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

As the saying goes "You'll only die tired" THIS "Violence for the skin" excuse is getting old ,my concern is now the backlash will occur to victimize the black people now. See how the KKK is LOVING this crap and so do the NAZIs and NOBODY needs these guys.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I think your thinking is old and tired. It is time to move forward as a HUMAN race.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Militarized and armed blacks are okay.....because they were slaves once upon a time..

White people??? Not so much, because no Caucasian was ever a slave......................said no history ever.

All peoples were slaves at one point. Here is the issue. There are those that exploit this here in the US, and continue the ideals that certain groups are owed something because something bad happened to them.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I think your thinking is old and tired. It is time to move forward as a HUMAN race.

The reason why America is crumbling and WILL ultimately fall is because of what she has done and is doing to black people, it doesn't what ypu think or believe, it's gonna fall...
HahA!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The reason why America is crumbling and WILL ultimately fall is because of what she has done and is doing to black people, it doesn't what ypu think or believe, it's gonna fall...
HahA!!!

That is the difference between your thinking, and that of a rational person. You seem to be hoping for and contributing to the downfall.

Now...

Can we get back on topic? I for one am glad to see an arrest. Hopefully there will be a speedy trial and fair outcome. I have not really been in favor of differentiating punishment of crime based on a racial motivation, but in this case, it does seem fitting.
edit on 8/26/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join