It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Buzz Aldrin reveal that the Apollo Missions were just simulations?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What make you think those things took a second? He probably walked away because it's a stupid question and he obviously knew from that question that you were one of those people who thought we never went to the moon. I would have walked away from you too. You don't approach one of America's hero's and insult him like that. It's just plain low class.

reply to: douglas5

This was a church hall in 1978 and i was a 11 year old who got the first question to ask MR Aldrin he did a 90 degree turn and walked out and all i asked him was how did the visor's handle the heat change i never knew anything about conspiracy then hardly low rent

who told you that about the temperature changes happening in a second?? your story sounds suspicious...

anyway in the last 35 years have you figured out yet how long a lunar day/lunar night lasts for?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: choos

originally posted by: douglas5

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What make you think those things took a second? He probably walked away because it's a stupid question and he obviously knew from that question that you were one of those people who thought we never went to the moon. I would have walked away from you too. You don't approach one of America's hero's and insult him like that. It's just plain low class.

reply to: douglas5

This was a church hall in 1978 and i was a 11 year old who got the first question to ask MR Aldrin he did a 90 degree turn and walked out and all i asked him was how did the visor's handle the heat change i never knew anything about conspiracy then hardly low rent

who told you that about the temperature changes happening in a second?? your story sounds suspicious...

anyway in the last 35 years have you figured out yet how long a lunar day/lunar night lasts for?

I was destroying all the pyrex dishes in my house at the time taking them from the deep freeze to a hot pan of water a lunar day lasts about 29.5 Earth days. This is usually the definition that astronomers prefer.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

So considering there are 2 weeks (earth-weeks) of continuous daylight, and the Apollo missions took place during the lunar daytimes, there wasn't any day-night changes that the Apollo astronauts experienced.

Of course, they did experience moving from light to shadow. However, the heating and cooling when moving between sunlight and shadow would not be instantaneous, considering they (their spacesuits, their equipment, etc.) would retain residual heat and cool off gradually.

They would also not heat up to the maximum temperatures that we often hear about when it comes to space (we often hear "it's -250 F in the shade and 250 F in the sun"), but that heating to "250 F in the Sun" would for be perfect black body that would absorb all of the sun's heat. The astronauts suits and their equipment was reflective, so they would not heat up as much.

Plus, the astronauts were not really "in the heat" (at least not how we think of it) when they were in the sun. Considering there is practically no atmosphere on the moon, so the space around the astronauts could not heat up in the sunlight. What I mean is that it's not like being in a hot oven. It is more like being in a really cold place, but with a sunlamp shining on you. The heat they had to worry about was the sun actually shining on them -- but (as I said above) some of that sunlight radiation could be mitigated simply by reflecting it.

edit on 8/28/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

a reply to: Soylent Green Is People
The heat they had to worry about was the sun actually shining on them -- but some of that sunlight radiation could be mitigated simply by reflecting it.

what you failed to mention is the gaint reflector that they were standing on called the moon,,reflecting even more heat upon astronauts,,,atleast thats what the propagandist claim why the astronauts were lite up so well in the shadow photos from reflected light from the moons surface ...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation

The heat they had to worry about was the sun actually shining on them -- but some of that sunlight radiation could be mitigated simply by reflecting it.

what you failed to mention is the gaint reflector that they were standing on called the moon,,reflecting even more heat upon astronauts,,,atleast thats what the propagandist claim why the astronauts were lite up so well in the shadow photos from reflected light from the moons surface ...

The direct sunlight would cause more of a heating issue than the reflected sunlight. The Moon reflects 12% of the sunlight that shines on it, so the reflected sunlight would not cause as much of a heating effect on other surfaces as the direct sunlight would.

The moon's albedo (reflectivity) is analogous to the reflectivity of old asphalt in a car park/parking lot. Some sunlight is reflected, but a lot is absorbed. But don't confuse the heat you would feel coming off of the asphalt in a car park/parking lot here on earth with the ability of sunlight to heat something on the moon...

...Most of the heat you would feel coming off of the asphalt is the residual heat in the asphalt (heating of the asphalt cause by sunlight) being convected through the molecules in the air, NOT from the sunlight reflecting off of the asphalt. On the moon, there would be no way for that heat from the Moon soil to convect from the surface through the nothingness of a vacuum. The empty space between the reflecting surface and the next surface on which the reflected light falls would still be very cold. Although that "next surface" could still get at least a little heating from the reflected sunlight shining on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

The Moon reflects 12% of the sunlight that shines on it, so the reflected sunlight would not cause as much of a heating effect on other surfaces as the direct sunlight would.

The direct sunlight would cause more of a heating issue than the reflected sunlight.

If thats your answer -"direct sunlight would be worse"-,,
....then you do admit that the reflection from the moons surface would also contribute to the heating effects...& correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the suface of moon somewhat of a large area ,,,even being hit by a low percentage from such a large area & it starts to add up quickly....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

The Moon reflects 12% of the sunlight that shines on it, so the reflected sunlight would not cause as much of a heating effect on other surfaces as the direct sunlight would.

The direct sunlight would cause more of a heating issue than the reflected sunlight.

If thats your answer -"direct sunlight would be worse"-,,
....then you do admit that the reflection from the moons surface would also contribute to the heating effects...& correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the suface of moon somewhat of a large area ,,,even being hit by a low percentage from such a large area & it starts to add up quickly....

Yes. The Moon's surface is a large area, but it's not like that large area is all reflecting into one spot.

I suppose a parabolic reflector of the moon with the same albedo as the moon (0.12 albedo) could possibly cause a relatively higher point heating at the focal point of that parabolic reflector -- but the Moon is not a parabolic reflector. The reflected light is going everywhere, at maximum of 12% of the non-reflected light.

That is to say, any given area receiving reflected light from the Moon's surface would get a maximum of 12% of the sunlight that the same area would get in direct sunlight. Granted, some of the reflected light would add to the direct light, too; therefore, the reflection + direct light would be greater than just direct light, but that still should not have been an issue.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

so can we add an extra 10% more to the heating effect above what an astronaut recieves directly from the sun alone... by the way ,just curious,- what was the actual the temperature reading the astronauts took on the surface of the moon.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I get it, so you can read minds and KNOW what he was REALLY meaning because you know that ALL 80 year old's are retards and don't know what they're saying...

Thanks for clearing that up

Jaden

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

so can we add an extra 10% more to the heating effect above what an astronaut recieves directly from the sun alone... by the way ,just curious,- what was the actual the temperature reading the astronauts took on the surface of the moon.

you can add the extra 10% the lunar surface reflects.. but then the EVA suit itself also reflects alot..

will you ask these same questions regarding ISS astronauts during their EVA's??? do you think they are also faked??

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
There was something about Armstrong's interview that also seemed odd:

Him saying that he didn't deserve the attention he got.
or
Him wondering how long it would take for him to cease to be known as a spaceman.
Something wrong about being labelled an astronaut?
Can you imagine a doctor saying that? A President? Or even a teacher?

Him saying that he was just chosen by chance... yet what a coincidence:

I GOT A SECRET (wink wink)

Back to the Armstrong video. @ 0:43
Notice Neil get uncomfortable, when Ed B. asks "How many people have walked on the moon....?
Neil's smile disappears, he makes some noise down in his throat, scratches his neck and ears; as if there is a rush of blood.

And @ 2:36 what competition did the US loose that they bowed out of the space race ?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join