It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Buzz Aldrin reveal that the Apollo Missions were just simulations?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38
In the 1960s we knew how to take off from the moon, but now five decades later, we don't know how to take off from the moon and mars ?

Much like Russia has lost much of it's ability. If you do not use it you lose it. You have to keep industries going. Since there has been no put people on the moon industry, much of it will require a complete redo. What would be highly suspect is if everything was in place to immediately do it again, that would suggest we never stopped going.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Masterjaden
Ok the first part is just Buzz talking about how to be a fighter pilot, you have to not think about fear, you just have to think about executing, that was the only way it was referenced in that interview...

As to the making a simulation part, there was NO indication that he was referring to a part before the actual lunar landing. He was attempting to answer their direct question at that point and the "Handler" did appear to get really nervous, swallowing and glancing away and tightening visibly when it was mentioned. especially the second time it was mentioned.

Jaden

Completely false. He said when they were doing the simulations he could switch from PTT to VOX, so he knew it could be done. Then, him being 80, when he was talking about the landing he used the word simulation because he had just been talking about simulations (plural). He then goes on to prove he is talking about an actual real event because he talked about the actual moon landing. I posted the entire transcript (minus a few parts while they show the landing video, but those parts actually strengthen my case not hinder it).

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: sevensfakes
a reply to: Aleister

You're obviously terrible regarding your ability to read ones non-verbal communication..You should start studying it a little, will help you get layed easier as well..

Well I am not and I am trained to read non-verbal communication. Everything that annoying voice over guy says is complete bull.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So it should take 10 times longer to do a redo ?? 50 times ??

Let us know when Space-X gets out of Earth Orbit, we cannot wait.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

We wouldn't have the technology to fake the moon landings today

what's next? lemme guess, transformers are real? because this surely looks better than apollo 11, so we couldn't fake it, right?

seriously, i don't think that the moon landings were faked. on the other hand, we're not being told everything, that's for sure. but to twist the facts and logic this way just to support the status quo - epic fail.

Show me a space scientist who would be fooled by Transformers footage.

Remember, it wouldn't just have to look convincing to a layman. It would have to match IN EVERY DETAIL the claimed landing site and stand up to scrutiny for eternity. I'm telling you it couldn't be done even today. Not a hope.

WTF are you trying to say that someone could match the absolute NOTHINGNESS of the pics from the original moon landings better than something with actual art, design, measurements, and stars in the sky ?

I bet those pesky stars would be the reasons they and you would cite as FAKE.

Fact is, you and MANY others are as lost into believing everything you are told on this, as every single other meaningless adventure that is , was, and ALWAYS WILL BE totally controlled, and held beyond YOUR control.

LOL @ the radio operators who "listened in" wow, that seals everything!!

This kind of logic you use , the incredulous ridiculous hatred, and seething contempt shows clearly an inner desire , a terrible wish that YOU could actually prove it true, but no, you cannot, so just like ANY religion, sell your soul , and stick to it, for sure you will find out EVERYTHING WON'T YOU !!!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Spoken like an ignorant person. How long have we been building airplanes? I guess that means every new plane with new technologies comes out perfect first try right?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter Even at the end, Buzz is talking about 'careful what you say' ... 'wink, wink'.

blatantly false..

he was saying that since everything that is said onboard would be broadcast on live TV you have to be careful about what you say ie. no vulgar language..

have you even watched the video?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

WTF are you trying to say that someone could match the absolute NOTHINGNESS of the pics from the original moon landings better than something with actual art, design, measurements, and stars in the sky ?

a rock, say the size of a basketball or tennis ball is NOT nothing..

if it was visible from the apollo video and images and was left there, then it will remain there until someone gets close enough to see it again..

you cant just put a rock the size of a basketball on a set for aesthetic reasons to hoax the landing.. it needs to match what was shown on live tv during the apollo missions.. because one day someone will look for that rock and notice it not being there if it was hoaxed..

Fact is, you and MANY others are as lost into believing everything you are told on this, as every single other meaningless adventure that is , was, and ALWAYS WILL BE totally controlled, and held beyond YOUR control.

told?? we are not simply told that they landed men on the moon and therefore believe it.. there is mountains of evidence proving they landed men on the moon..

you have no evidence you only have a belief and ignorance.
edit on 25-8-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnPhoenix

You might want to go back and slowly reread the guy you quoted in your post.

First: He got the temps wrong.

Second: He asked how they could stand having that temperature change in ......wait for it......one second that it takes to go from day to night.

Ahem.

The moon's "day" takes about 28 Earth days (the same amount of time it takes to orbit the Earth, which is why we always have one side facing us).

Not "one second".

Next: The moon missions landed the astronauts during the Lunar "Dawn", this was so that they would not experience the extreme temps of either night, or full day.

Second: The only way to transfer heat on the moon is: Radiation....and Conduction.
That's because the moon has no atmosphere to speak of. The surface of the moon begins to heat up as it's exposed to sun light, and slowly over time, get's hot. By being there at Lunar "Dawn" you avoid that, because it takes time for the sun's radiation to heat up the lunar surface.

Last: Why do you think their suites were white? Hmmmm? It was designed to reflect up to 90% of the sun's light hitting them, instead of absorbing that light (which would heat them up).

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

You might want to pay more attention to the news.

SpaceX reached orbit for the first time back on 28 September, 2008.....that was 6 years ago.

SpaceX carried their first commercial payload into orbit back in 13 July, 2009.

SpaceX began regular supply service to the ISS starting back in 2012....

So uhm......where have you been?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

We wouldn't have the technology to fake the moon landings today

what's next? lemme guess, transformers are real? because this surely looks better than apollo 11, so we couldn't fake it, right?

seriously, i don't think that the moon landings were faked. on the other hand, we're not being told everything, that's for sure. but to twist the facts and logic this way just to support the status quo - epic fail.

Show me a space scientist who would be fooled by Transformers footage.

Remember, it wouldn't just have to look convincing to a layman. It would have to match IN EVERY DETAIL the claimed landing site and stand up to scrutiny for eternity. I'm telling you it couldn't be done even today. Not a hope.

Absolute nothingness? Have you ever actually looked at the several thousand photos from the six moon landings? Showing features from the size of tiny pebbles right up to enormous mountains many miles from the landing site? Objects that can be matched up with photos taken from orbit by modern spacecraft — and not just those operated by NASA but by China, by India, by Japan?

I bet those pesky stars would be the reasons they and you would cite as FAKE.

If I saw stars in the sky in a brightly lit lunar scene in a movie then yes, I would think someone screwed up. But in a movie, visuals tend to be more important than strict accuracy. Real life looks less flashy than the movies in a lot of respects.

LOL @ the radio operators who "listened in" wow, that seals everything!!

This kind of logic you use , the incredulous ridiculous hatred, and seething contempt shows clearly an inner desire , a terrible wish that YOU could actually prove it true, but no, you cannot, so just like ANY religion, sell your soul , and stick to it, for sure you will find out EVERYTHING WON'T YOU !!!

Once again, you are totally backwards. The people who believe the hoax myth are the ones taking it on faith. They simply believe what they have been told, that "man can't go to the moon". Nobody who actually does their own research believes in the hoax, because as soon as you start investigating, the lies of the hoax pushers fall apart immediately.

The only ones "selling their souls" are the ones who give their money to morons like Sibrel and White for their cretinous videos.
edit on 26-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
By 2069 everyone will know Apollo 11 was a 1969 joke
edit on 26-8-2014 by Ove38 because: text fix

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ove38
By 2069 everyone will know Apollo 11 was a 1969 joke

This is one of the first times on ATS I've felt sorry for a poster. Think of the wonder of knowing that humans have been to the moon. It's a very nice feeling.

After coming back to this thread it's hard to believe that people are still denying the moon landings. Posters have taken the video apart and put it together again, as has been done with every piece of "evidence" that the deniers have presented over the years since this particular meme appeared (does anyone know who was the first to question the moon landings?), and still they hold onto this belief. Boggles the mind and minds the boggles.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
So the moon hoax people (such as the guy who made the video in the OP) need to resort to deceit by using short edited clips of interviews to take things out of context?

Are intentionally deceptive cherry-picked quotes such as this video the only kind of "evidence" they can now present, considering all of their other evidence has been debunked?

edit on 8/26/2014 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

...Fact is, you and MANY others are as lost into believing everything you are told on this, as every single other meaningless adventure that is , was, and ALWAYS WILL BE totally controlled, and held beyond YOUR control...

I don't blindly believe everything I'm told about the Apollo Mission. I believe we went to the moon because of what I know about the Apollo mission conforms to, and is consistent with, what I know about technology, science and nature, the Moon, and my critical thinking skills.

Conversely, the evidence presented by Moon Hoax believers (when put under the same scrutiny I put the Apollo mission facts under) does not conform to my understanding of technology, nature, and does not pass the critical thought test.

There is no blind belief required for me to think we went to the Moon. I have scrutinized the facts of both the official NASA version and what hoax believers tell me, and the NASA version stands up to the scrutiny. In fact, since the hoax story does NOT stand up to scrutiny, so if I were to believe the hoax story, THEN I would need to do so on blind faith.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Its not the first time that they've hinted that it was a Hoax

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Misinformation

You're trying to be funny now, right? It's hard to tell with you.

Obviously the Buzz video is meaningless, because his words have been sloppily spliced together (so sloppily that I don't even know what the splicer was trying to make him say).

The Armstrong quote is much ado about nothing. "Removing truths protective layers" is basically what scientists do. They investigate nature, the world around us, and the universe in which we live in an attempt to discern the truth about how things work and what things actually are.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

originally posted by: douglas5
I once asked MR Aldrin 35 years ago could he explain the HOT/COLD on the moon 2 astro-noughts were on the moon when it changed from night to day /hot to cold minus -287 to plus 450 in a second how the suits and visors had handled it .

He looked at me thought for a second then walked out of the hall we were in and went and sat in a car [ true story ] never did get to figuring that out but i do hear the people that are doing a engine for a scramjet are working on the same problem that N.A.S.A figured out so long ago

Woah.. really.. I never thought of that. I have heard all sorts of moon hoax claims and debunks but never that one. Best one I liked so far was the idea of them not being able to cross the Van Allen belt. depending on who you talk to it's still too dangerous to cross now.. not sure what the truth is.

But your right..

The temperature on the Moon varies from -387 Fahrenheit (-233 Celsius), at night, to 253 Fahrenheit (123 Celsius) during the day. (source google)

When is it -387 after you check that find out how long it takes for a Moon day/night cycle, after that check when the missions took place during that Moon day/night cycle, after that type DOH! and then give yourself a good slap!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnPhoenix

Woah.. really.. I never thought of that. I have heard all sorts of moon hoax claims and debunks but never that one. Best one I liked so far was the idea of them not being able to cross the Van Allen belt. depending on who you talk to it's still too dangerous to cross now.. not sure what the truth is.

If you would have asked Dr. James Van Allen himself (before he passed away in 2006), he would have said that it WAS possible for the Apollo astronauts to pass through the belts with relative safety.

There was a TV show on FOX back in the early 2000s on which Moon hoax believers made the claim that it would be impossible to cross the Van Allen belts. Dr. Van Allen responded to this TV show with the following:

"The recent Fox TV show, which I saw, is an ingenious and entertaining assemblage of nonsense. The claim that radiation exposure during the Apollo missions would have been fatal to the astronauts is only one example of such nonsense."

edit on 8/27/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
What make you think those things took a second? He probably walked away because it's a stupid question and he obviously knew from that question that you were one of those people who thought we never went to the moon. I would have walked away from you too. You don't approach one of America's hero's and insult him like that. It's just plain low class.

reply to: douglas5

This was a church hall in 1978 and i was a 11 year old who got the first question to ask MR Aldrin he did a 90 degree turn and walked out and all i asked him was how did the visor's handle the heat change i never knew anything about conspiracy then hardly low rent

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join