It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Buzz Aldrin reveal that the Apollo Missions were just simulations?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I just saw this video, this strange video of Buzz Aldrin being interviewed.
I must say, Aldrin is acting very strange and seems to have a handler keeping him in line.

When asked about what it was like to be on the moon, He doesn't answer the question directly,
rather Aldrin talks about the plane simulations he participated in.
And I don't think this has to do with Aldrin having memory issues.

Warning: Explicit Language

edit on Sun Aug 24 2014 by Jbird because: added language warning

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Buzz was always pretty odd. There's even an episode of Frasier with him talking about a UFO story then telling the audience how he was told he can't speak about it. It's most likely him just making fun of himself but the entertainment is owned by TPTB, just like Buzz.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

Wait, that was John Glenn, my bad.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Of course, this is not the first time in an interview we get an inkling that Apollo could have been just
a simulation:

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Watch that guys face!!!
Definitely appears to be a handler.

Get ready for the
YOU'RE ALL NUTS crowd.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FoosM

Yes because a computer with less power than my cell phone can simulate an entire moon landing. And it will also show up visually to amateur astronomers, and will also send out communication that radio operators intercept.

Where can I get that cell phone?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
This is the subject of some of my favorite ATS threads.

Now I don't know about all of you folks, but I lived back in those days. There was a lot of stuff going on nobody ever really talked about in general. It was an era when secrets could be, and were, kept. There's no doubt some stuff was going on at NASA we'll never get full disclosure on.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Did he reveal that? No, he did not. He was confusing his memories, and at least in this interview is showing his age (or his alcohol capacity?).

As I always say in these threads, the people who still cling to the hope that humans didn't go to the moon are missing out on the 'knowingness' that their species has left the planet and walked on another world. What a wonderful thing to know, that men are alive right now who walked on the moon. I highly recommend, as I do on these threads, that everyone reading this make an effort to either talk to one of these moon-walkers on the phone or meet one in person. Ours is the only era in history where we can meet one of the first people on the moon (and if you are lucky enough to meet Aldrin, count yourself a very lucky earthling).

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

Never seen or heard of a handler. Pretty interesting. You can tell he is pissed lol

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: darkwarrior

Never seen or heard of a handler. Pretty interesting. You can tell he is pissed lol

One more thing. The "handler". When Aldrin mentions 'simulation' the "handler" does not make a face of any kind, the person laughing and overtalking on the interview is making people see what he thinks he sees. It just isn't there.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Just watched the video and holy crap the guy talking is so annoying and does everything in his power to steer people to see what he wants them to see. I can't even tell what the heck Aldrin is talking about because the dude pauses it and talks and rewinds and talks and fast forward and talks. Just let me watch the freaking video so I can hear what is actually going on.

It sounds to me like Aldrin is trying to say in the simulations they did one thing, and then in the actual landing the wording was changed. But because the dude never shuts up and lets the thing play I can't tell.
edit on 24-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I once asked MR Aldrin 35 years ago could he explain the HOT/COLD on the moon 2 astro-noughts were on the moon when it changed from night to day /hot to cold minus -287 to plus 450 in a second how the suits and visors had handled it .

He looked at me thought for a second then walked out of the hall we were in and went and sat in a car [ true story ] never did get to figuring that out but i do hear the people that are doing a engine for a scramjet are working on the same problem that N.A.S.A figured out so long ago

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aleister

Lol clearly the guy sighs and is frustrated with his statements

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Having watched the original video (without that clown Youtuber overtalking), I find it strange indeed that Buzz said "simulation" when talking about his and Neil's descent to the Moon in LM www.youtube.com...

That could be explained as him talking about a pre-flight simulation, where he discovered that flipping a communications switch to the other setting allowed the mission control to hear the astronauts in LM talking to each other, and so this switch setting was used for the actual landing.
edit on 24-8-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have always had doubts about the moon landing, I've seen the videos and heard stories from my Dad about my Granddad waking him up and all that but I just cant beat my own mind telling me that with what bits I know about the technology used back then and a few science teachers and an engineer friend that I've spoken to, my doubt just cant be beaten away. I have a theory of how it went down and maybe its one that is already out there but I'm gonna tell you anyway, so hear me out and let me know what you think or if you think differently -

We're skipping the JFK announcement, the picking of the people who are going - So they walk into the building, go up in the elevator and are about to walk out when the men stop. Three (I think it was three) new people in space suits step out and introduce themselves 'Hi we're the other you' they laugh for a few minutes and then head across the walk way and into the shuttle. Inside they just sit there, a prerecorded either video or audio is played and then when the time comes BOOM! the rocket shoots up and into space where it goes to the moon, yep that's right it GOES to the moon but wait, it doesn't land, they dont get out they just orbit the moon -

Meanwhile back on earth, after the new space men go inside the shuttle - they are taken out and wait until people leave then they are taken to a military base and have to stay there until the mission is over - meanwhile, at the Kennedy Space station, reporters are given access to a room where they have to film the moon landing happening but they can only do it by filming a television - That happened apparently - and NASA play prerecorded moon landing with Buzz, Armstrong and the third guy - they play this and have people act like they're talking to them and wait for the scripted response and then how ever many days later, the lunar module crash lands, NASA tells us where it is and then they go and get it and out crawls ARMSTRONG, BUZZ and THIRD GUY! people cheer and they're heroes, they made it to the moon.

That's how I see it happening or something along those lines. Not perfect but good enough for me.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
So I just looked at the SOURCE video .. and when this FOOL starts his video they are talking about airplanes. Aldrin is talking about flying in Korea and gunning 2 people down.

Then she asks him about the moon landing and fear, and he says us fighter pilots have ice in our veins we aren't like other people, we have to learn to deal with unexpected things. He then talks about things that can go wrong being a fighter pilot. It's at 19:25 in the ACTUAL video.

This video is such a horrible job of twisting what is actually going on.

www.space.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace
Rubbish analysis of the interview. Buzz answered their question (no fear, just execution), but in his own meandering way, same as all old men do.

I'd actually like to see that interview and listen to what Buzz had to say - without that clown Youtuber overtalking dramatically. Anyone got a link?

I just linked it.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

One more thing. The "handler". When Aldrin mentions 'simulation' the "handler" does not make a face of any kind, the person laughing and overtalking on the interview is making people see what he thinks he sees. It just isn't there.

Yes it is, those in denial just dont see it

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: Aleister

Yes it is, those in denial just dont see it

Except there is no handler and the person doing the voice over is making stuff up, and I don't mean facial expressions. His whole analysis is wrong. I linked the actual interview, Aldrin is at NO TIME inferring the moon landing was a simulation. The ONLY time he talks about simulation is when he says he remembered DURING their PAST simulations he could let everyone listen in, and so he chose to let everyone listen in to the ACTUAL landing. And if you listened to the ACTUAL interview you would know why Aldrin was talking about airplanes, it had nothing to do with simulating anything in an airplane, he was talking about being a fighter pilot. Good job falling for a lie and offering no critical thinking skills.

This is why people don't take moon landing hoaxers serious, they simply make crap up.
edit on 24-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
I once asked MR Aldrin 35 years ago could he explain the HOT/COLD on the moon 2 astro-noughts were on the moon when it changed from night to day /hot to cold minus -287 to plus 450 in a second how the suits and visors had handled it .

He looked at me thought for a second then walked out of the hall we were in and went and sat in a car [ true story ] never did get to figuring that out but i do hear the people that are doing a engine for a scramjet are working on the same problem that N.A.S.A figured out so long ago

He probably thought "Who is this person that doesn't know the first thing about Apollo?"

If you think that (a) the astronauts were "on the moon when it changed from night to day" or (b) the temperature changed "from -287 to 450 in a second then I'm not surprised he looked at you funny

Question for you: what time of the lunar day was it when Apollo 11 landed on the moon? Second question for you: why do you think they chose that time?
edit on 24-8-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5

Well funny that you thought to ask Buzz Aldrin, and he didn't appear to want to answer the question, but it took me 2 seconds using a search engine.

www.spaceanswers.com...

The first thing to know is that all trips on to the Moon’s surface were carefully planned for lunar dawn, to ensure the surface hadn’t had time to heat up fully to its daytime temperature. It is also important to think about how heat can be transferred to astronauts on the lunar surface.

There are three ways heat can transfer and only two are possible on the Moon. The first is radiation, both directly from the Sun and from the Sun’s reflection on the surface. The astronauts’ spacesuits were designed to reflect almost 90% of the light that reaches it, so very little heat would have transferred to the astronauts.

The second is by conduction from the direct contact their feet had with the surface. This is also an ineffective process as regolith on the lunar surface doesn’t conduct heat well and the astronauts’ boots were insulated, slowing down conduction even further. This shows that even though huge temperature variations occur on the Moon, lunar astronauts were never actually exposed to them.

edit on 24-8-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join