It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell happened to common sense?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

We have not evolved from the grunting cavemen of lore. We just have nicer caves and fancier clubs.

And us guys still think with our clubs. Common sense is this case non-existent

When will we learn. smh
edit on 22-8-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
"evil prevails when good men do nothing"

We have all heard this quote, sadly, does evil now outweigh the force of good?

Has darkness overtaken the light?

How do we protected the innocent?

I know the answer, nothing has changed on this planet since time immemorial, There is only one solution.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Common sense has become an endangered 'species'.

'Modern' man likes to claim how 'civilized' he has become.

'Modern' man likes to claim how 'evolved' he has become.

Fact is man STILL has a lot of 'growing up' to do.

Then when people form the little groups and form 'mobs'.

Well we all know the 'mob' has the intelligence of a rock.

Agent Kay said it best.

From a fictional movie that tells the truth of reality.

Remember this.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Wow. I think this is the first time in my history of being an ATS member that I have actually agreed with one of your posts.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't think we lost our common sense, I think we are losing our soul.

We can sit back and say false flag this, and our government that, but that doesn't diminish the reality of the situation that the innocent by the tens of thousands are being crucified, murdered, raped, and beheaded.

I don't know what to say.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

Every single rebellious groups, in their own minds, are right. So the killings, pillagings, rapings and beheadings are justified.

I 100% agree with you. We did lose our common sense and as such, have lost our ways.

And what is the way?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69
Common sense is supposed to be that sense which is common to our species, apart from societal "norms", groupthink, and reality consensus. Unfortunately, we have allowed the latter to take the place of the former, and many of us are like the zombies in the Hollyweird movies. Which, is exactly what George Romero said the zombies represented in his movie, Dawn of the Dead. (See the shopping mall scenes)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You could also add this:

Every human being on this planet, In their own minds, are right.

We all have opinions that we just KNOW are right. This leaves very little room for common sense, because you actually have to get rid of the ego. Very hard to do.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

And what is the way?

Love.

To treat others like we would like to be treated ourselves, with respect and altruism, no matter the gender, the age, the color and the geographical area.

In other words, utopia.
edit on 8 22 2014 by SonoftheSun because: added

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:55 AM
link   

It always becomes the days football game it seems... My side is right, best, will be the winner!

I think like many matters people comment on, one of the problems is they are not willing to LOOK, they don't want to see the bloodied kids and the horror, they protect their innocence while feeling fully able to comment without LOOKING!

I feel we don't have that right, to shut our eyes and take sides without feeling anyones pain. Even the news censors the reality to protect our delicate senses! We can't be informed if we feel we should not expose ourselves to the true horror of what is happening to people who are simply in the way!

edit on 22-8-2014 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

We can sit back and say false flag this, and our government that, but that doesn't diminish the reality of the situation that the innocent by the tens of thousands are being crucified, murdered, raped, and beheaded.

But those kinds of atrocities have been happening since humans began. This isn't new. I don't think it has anything to do with whether we have a soul or not. What's the answer? I don't think there is one - other than complete annihilation of all humans. Oh sure, we can try to stem the flow of this particular atrocity, but another atrocity is just waiting to spring forth. Atrocity after atrocity after atrocity. It will never end. Like Neo's post said, a person is smart; people are dumb. Panicky dangerous animals.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

I don't want to believe that most people on the planet are evil, but by sitting back and allowing evil to prevail are we partners in crime?

It's like the people with cell phones that film the man getting murdered instead of stopping it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

All I can say is this profoundly represents the issue….
cut right to the heart that we are in a soul killing paradigm that we cannot seem to escape from, while a matter of survival seems to become losing the very thing that makes us what we are and defines what should be the best part of us: our soul.
tetra

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Absolutely love,

But what exactly is love?

Does love allow evil to exist?

It's complicated, someone is being murdered, in order to stop the crime does one attack the perpetrator, in the name of love for the innocent victim?

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
"Common Sense is dead or never existed" ?

So, the human race is hopeless.

Reaches for his hot cup of coffee, there was a time not too long ago when I would have reached for something much stronger but those days are gone and I have recovered from a seemingly hopeless state of mind and body....

edit on 22-8-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Common sense exist, but I think the topic is much more complicated than imaginable.

And if history be our guide, there is hopelessness , with only one solution.

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
often go awry

Could you be more specific why you used the term common sense

edit on 123131p://bFriday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Reaches for his hot cup of coffee, there was a time not too long ago when I would have reached for something much stronger but those days are gone and I have recovered from a hopeless state of mind and body...

Slayer,

It exists, but is quickly fleeting due to immaturity and lack of awareness.

The problems again lies in not having, or taking the time to self-reflect.

Common sense takes discipline, and trust in one's own intuition.

How many times do we over-ride what we know is right, as opposed to something we know is wrong, or destructive?

Most people intuitively know what is right for them deep down, but unfortunately dismiss "Common Sense", or what I call the "Higher Self".

edit on 22-8-2014 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Maybe you hit on something about lack of 'Common Sense" I guess, I should have made the thread title...

"Civilians are not simply Collateral Damage"

or

"Killing civilians in the crossfire has to stop"

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I recently put up a lengthy status on my FB about how disgusted I am with all of this death and destruction. I think I upset a few of my friends, because most of them hold to the idea that somehow just merely thinking too much about all of these "real" issues is somehow endorsing negativity. And it is all very negative. But I get so angry when my friends tell me, "you need to be more "positive" focus on your own life and the present." Well, this "is" our present, and I don't care what anybody says, it's not looking good. People thinking their own positive thoughts for them self seems to be doing nothing. BUT if we were to start thinking more positive thoughts collectively about issues that effect us all, that might even help, who knows. But people are so brainwashed into putting them self first, not realizing that by doing that, eventually it will hurt us all as individuals as the world sinks further and further into darkness.

I think we as a race are still far too complacent about all of it. Yes, I've seen the rallies, I've seen all the passive protesting here on these social networking sites, blogs etc, but will any of it ever be enough? I think a lot of people do care. And I don't agree all common sense is lost. I think it's this mindset we've all been programmed to have. That "we" can do nothing about it. We're just little people. Best to just keep our heads down, and get on with our own life.

The problem with this type of thinking, is that even if the parts of the world that are suffering more are not connected to you, how long before it does lap up to our shores? Can we really assume that if it all continues to get worse we will not be personally affected? This is what people need to be reminded of.

I find it hard to feel happy about life when I know that all over the world countless millions are suffering at the hands of corruption. And I often get told off by people when I say this. Despite that, I do keep trying to feel optimistic. I've noticed a few of my friends are now sharing meme after meme about ending the violence. So maybe we should all just try to make as many people aware that what hurts one lot of people, in the end, is hurting us all.
edit on 2282014 by MoonMystic because: typo

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69

Well, it's possible that with a few thousand years of evolution (assuming we still exist), that the "animal" part of us will evolve out, leaving only the "brain" part of us. The depressing thing about that, is this will probably also take away all the other emotions we have. Then we'll be the grays who go to other planets with less evolved species, studying their strange emotions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join