It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet a true Genius ! A no kidding young man who may change the world !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This is a short video clip from NBC Rock Center with Brian Williams. It's about a 19 year old in Nevada who is in process of changing how we use Nuclear Fission. He has a vision of a pure fusion but is in process of building small reactors that will not fail and contaminate like our 50's style reactors we use today.
At 8 years old he was offered a college scholarship and at 14 Taylor built his own Nuclear Reactor that actually worked...
Taylor Wilson is a prodigy, a true prodigy. His brother "Joey" is a math whiz. Medical isotopes that can detect cancer and a detector that can detect weapon grade Plutonium have already been invented by Taylor ..

They have Taylor working with a professor at a school for the exceptionally gifted who said, "after working with him for a while, he has never encountered a smarter person than this kid".

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 18-8-2014 by 727Sky because: fission for fusion

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
you mean fission?
fusion is a whole different thing I think...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: okamitengu

Watch the video, he wants fusion. Fission he has already done.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
No, it's fusion. Current nuclear plants use fission. The OP misspoke saying 'how we use fusion'. Currently we don't have large power producing plants using fusion.

To use fusion energy you need some kind of confinement media. Currently we have Tokamak magnetic confinement vessels which were thought might work.

His actual small reactor uses fission, though, just in a better way.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
im at work it is in my subscribed list for later.

however, you posted something in a format that made it sound like fusion reactors wouldn't fail like the ones we have had since the 50's

rereading it I now see what was meant.

fusion is the greatest thing humans can ever achieve and if done right can provide abundant clean energy for all of us.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick7

You are totally correct and thanks for pointing that out.. My fission/fusion is not working today even though most of the time I know the difference.. I shall attempt a reboot with coffee !

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
What an inspiring video. Thanks for posting.

The kids parents are to be commended and did the right thing by facilitating his ideas. If only there were more like them, we wouldn't have so many troubled youths with wasted talent sitting around playing video games.

I love the part where he turned down working for the government. It would have only hindered his future. He seems to be doing fine without them.

Good luck kid.

S+F

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Good to see him encouraged and amazing what he has accomplished thus far .. also well done to his parents for the encouragement and support they give him and his brother.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Lets hope we use this kid's genius for the good of humanity instead of trying to destroy it. If the military complex gets a hold of this kid, the world is screwed!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I know a kid kind of like that, only hes not into nuclear reactors but into space tech hes good friends with my little brother and on his way with a scholarship at drexel for advanced computer science, a mini Jaque Valle so to speak. I wish there were more of the little twerps, they make me happy to listen to them be so excited about how they are going to do something to change the world and its not political its strictly business and they know there stuff.

(they really arent twerps I just say that cause Im getting old and they are all little punks lol jk)

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Child prodigies never end up doing anything big. Having a normal life as a kid seems to matter. Stanley Miller, Nobel prize winning chemist, had a rated IQ of 115. Music is an exception. a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin
Child prodigies never end up doing anything big. Having a normal life as a kid seems to matter. Stanley Miller, Nobel prize winning chemist, had a rated IQ of 115. Music is an exception. a reply to: 727Sky

Can't forget Doogie Howser!
2nd

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

And I wish the young fellow every possible success. One must assume, given his genius, that he understands the dangers associated with long term contact with radioactive material, however, I am somewhat concerned about the casual nature with which he treats the radiation spewing artifacts he has collected over the years.

Either way, with regard to his desire to see newer, safer nuclear energy systems developed and installed, I think I can safely say that there is a massive demand for that sort of thing right now. With the ancient machinery of the planets nuclear energy systems starting to fail, having their weaknesses so readily displayed, it is about time someone took the reigns on this issue, and I am happy that the person who seems to be about that task, is a scientist first and a businessman way, way, way after.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: okamitengu
you mean fission?
fusion is a whole different thing I think...

Fission = Breakum apartum
Fusion = Harmonious Expression

You are right completely as they are a whole differnt thing!

Sufferin' succotash….

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
No, it's fusion. Current nuclear plants use fission. The OP misspoke saying 'how we use fusion'. Currently we don't have large power producing plants using fusion.

To use fusion energy you need some kind of confinement media. Currently we have Tokamak magnetic confinement vessels which were thought might work.

His actual small reactor uses fission, though, just in a better way.

Yes, and you can see something rather exciting (in a geek kinda way) at Helion Helion

Physics just keep thinking that 'bigger' is 'better'; efficient is where the future is at….

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
He's a Davidson Academy grad - a school in Nevada associated with the University of Nevada in Reno. It is one of the few, maybe only, schools in the United States that can "handle" truly profoundly gifted learners.

I'm glad his family was able to connect him with this school. While the category of "profoundly gifted" is rare, it is rarer still to be able to actually come close to meeting their educational (and social, etc) needs. It's sad to think of how many "beyond genius" level learners only get lost and frustrated in a world and educational system that isn't designed assist them in any way.

I guess I'm just saying that I'm so glad that he made it through the educational system. He is lucky, and hopefully all of us will benefit.
Great story!

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
He'll probably get snatched up by some gov't contractor and put on black projects.

My understanding is that we've already got the fission/fusion stuff perfected and miniaturized.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: djmarcone
He'll probably get snatched up by some gov't contractor and put on black projects.

My understanding is that we've already got the fission/fusion stuff perfected and miniaturized.
Yes in the black projects they may have perfected it decades ago. Don't know if this kid will get far in the real world.
But he should be careful with the radio active stuff, lest be surprised by a regular x ray report saying that you have started losing bone mass.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
They've got breeding programs with thousands of little geniuses like him in hundreds of underground bases, as well as back up clones of all these kids, mixed with animal DNA. They're always working, always tinkering, to turn you into a slave for their vile masters, with the asses of horses and stomachs of cows to further their digestive capabilities for improved efficiency.
They're probably a part of the Dynastic reptilian-Jesuit axis that you've probably heard so much about, and above them, Gods of Chaos that eat hope.

There's no hope, in the grim darkness of the far future there is only war..... and the laughter of thirsting Gods.

Well, at least that's what I would have done if I was a super-villain.

Nothing to see here, move along.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

On February 27, 2013 at TED 2013, Wilson presented his ideas on the benefits of building small underground nuclear fission reactors that are self-contained and use decommissioned nuclear weapons to fuel power.[10][11][12] He temporarily left his research on the fusion reactor and designed a variation of a compact molten salt reactor that he says would supply about 50 MW and would need refueling only once every 30 years. According to Wilson, because much of the reactor would be buried and its uranium would not be weapons-grade, it is less vulnerable either to terrorist attack or misuse.[13] The development of molten salt reactors began in the United States at the Oak Ridge National Laboratory, where the first reactor was built in the 1960s.[14] The development of the new reactor type was stopped in 1976 due to political issues.[15] Since the beginning of the 21st century, molten salt reactors are again being explored in a few countries in some commercial companies as well as in nationally funded projects.[14][15] Additional design information was provided at Google Zeitgeist Americas ’13, which describes a sealed vessel and the use of natural circulation in the core.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join