It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meet a true Genius ! A no kidding young man who may change the world !

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
He's a Davidson Academy grad - a school in Nevada associated with the University of Nevada in Reno. It is one of the few, maybe only, schools in the United States that can "handle" truly profoundly gifted learners.

I'm glad his family was able to connect him with this school. While the category of "profoundly gifted" is rare, it is rarer still to be able to actually come close to meeting their educational (and social, etc) needs. It's sad to think of how many "beyond genius" level learners only get lost and frustrated in a world and educational system that isn't designed assist them in any way.

I guess I'm just saying that I'm so glad that he made it through the educational system. He is lucky, and hopefully all of us will benefit.
Great story!

You are so correct ! Many smart people have no out of a school system that is more a social experiment instead of a learning system. You have to wonder how many dropouts were actually smart yet bored people who could not stand the repetitiveness of the school system.
evolution in teaching math since the 1960s:

1. Teaching Math In 1950s (when I was in school)

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

2. Teaching Math In 1970s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

3. Teaching Math In 1980s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit ? Yes or No

4. Teaching Math In 1990s

A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20 Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

5. Teaching Math In 2000s

A logger cuts down a beautiful forest because he is selfish and inconsiderate and cares nothing for the habitat of animals or the preservation of our woodlands. He does this so he can make a profit of $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down their homes? (There are no wrong answers, and if you feel like crying, it's ok).
6. Teaching Math In 2014

Un hachero vende una carretada de maderapara $100. El costo de la producciones es $80. Cuanto dinero ha hecho?

ANSWER: His profit was $375,000 because his logging business is just a front for his pot farm.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Lol. That's a nice one
a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I wish the kid the best, hopefully he will be allowed to help humanity not hinder humanity. If you know the kid or knows someone who many know the genius kid, or if the secret government is reading this why not have the kid propose a workable solution to upgrade the electrical infrastructure of the U.S.? How about proposing that the U.S. change from the direct use of fossil fuels as it's main source of transportation energy to electricity, possibly powered by the Fission or Fusion reactors he designed?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:21 AM
link   
My personal theory is that throughout our existence there have been geniuses, and these special people have pushed mankind further in advancement past what as a species we could not do. They are the reason for great achievements throughout our history that maybe at times their great achievements have been lost after their death, or continues on. We look at the resent past and we can name many famous geniuses that have pushed us forward in great ways, but when we look today we do not see that. The deal is they are still here and with a population of 7 billion there are quite a few of them, but now they work in areas we do not see as easily as we did not too near distance past.

But they are here, and many thing you take for granted, such as your phone, computer, science, medicine etc they have their signature all over these areas and we would be no where near where we are today without them. I personally have worked for real genius and he could do things on the fly with just his brain that 100 engineers could not figure out, ever.

They are here among us and this kid is just one of many.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The kid is one of many you say correctly. But I do have a feeling this scenario will die or fizzle out, just as the e cat, blp, ning li, podkletnov etc. have
a reply to: Xtrozero

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
pretty cool that he is that smart and can make changes to the way we use energy
but I thought meh your just the same as everyone else and wanna exploit it for cash,
if you were truly interested in changing the world you wouldn't care about money
surely all the grants he receives is enough to research and make the technology
but I immediately thought that he wasn't really that into making positive changes
soon as he seen the dollar signs !

If you want to make the world safer then money wouldn't matter, you would give the technology to every country
so that no disasters can ruin the planet, well that's just my opinion

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: okamitengu
you mean fission?
fusion is a whole different thing I think...

It could be fusion.

I have a company that uses fusion reactors and we are working on the same thing as him. The fusion reactors do use power from a wall outlet, but they still produce radiation which can be used for imaging and medical isotopes - that's exactly what we are working on.
edit on 20amWed, 20 Aug 2014 06:24:25 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Brian Williams?

From the bio, I was expecting Sheldon Cooper.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I call BS on this story and BS on this kid. There is No way at 8 it would have even been possible for him to learn the stuff required to finish high school and then pass the college exam.

I say this kid is a fraud. He should be out playing with his friends, drinking beer and smoking pot, just like all the regular 14 year old kids do.

I'd tell him hey kid, go play and stay out of the grownups way.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Cool story ... and for the naysayer who can't conceive of a brain so efficient... uh, well that's why it's called "super gifted" or hyper-intelligent, or whatever... the usual school work is ridiculously easy and so many smart folks drop out early because it's so boring.

It happens and it's rare... I just hope he keeps his visionary tendencies and doesn't let the "special" leaders drain the hope from him... even many of the not-so-gifted can see that energy and our economic (and govt) systems are holding us back and will kill us in the foreseeable future if nothing changes.

All we need is a few million more hyper intelligent people...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Good to see him encouraged and amazing what he has accomplished thus far .. also well done to his parents for the encouragement and support they give him and his brother.

Two genius children...I would like to know what water those parents were drinking.

edit on 20-8-2014 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm glad I wasn't the only person to think about whether he was risking his health being so cavalier with all that radioactive stuff.

Many of the women who painted radium on the kind of pottery he was showing ended up with cancer, especially in the lip and mouth area because they would wet their paintbrushes with their lips.

a reply to: Nochzwei

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I know this kid that can memorize volumes and volumes of books and he said that he could tell you the sentence of a book that he read by the book title, page number and what paragraph down. He said he read all the books in his house so i picked up a book and told him what page and said what does the third paragraph say. Then to my astonishment he said aloud the paragraph word for word. I then picked up another book and he did the same thing. I later called him TANK, because on the matrix tank would always give you information on how to do anything. He's probably working for the gov't now or something secret. who knows. These people are totally WOW. I mean, when i first found out about his ability it totally blew me away for anyone to do such a thing. Then i thought about all the knoweledge that brain of his has stored in there and can recall it all at any moment. When i last saw him he was working on computers and reading these books about them and he had built this superstack. He talked about things that were way over my head to even comprehend. I suppose if i saw him today i would ask him some questions i have. Whatever was going on in that brain of his, certainly did NOT miss anything at all. I mean, how in the world can this be? Maybe this guy he is talking about is the guy i met in chaska, MN. OK , it is not the same guy. This guy was about 20 or 23 and the last time i saw him was in 2008 or 2009. I still cannot fathom how can people have a memory like that. He was like a computer memory storage and he built things too. He had some gadgets in his apartment along with his superstack. He obviously knows electronics,computers,math and volumes of other books in his apt. that i did not look thru them all. OH and i even saw a bible on one of his shelves, so i know he must have read the whole thing. He always talked a little fast, like the words did not come out fast enough or something. He always stayed in his apartment. I asked if he ever got out and his reply was once and awhile when i go shopping. I told the girls about him and we took him to a dinner and a movie. He hardly spoke a word, but when he was in his apt. talking about his books i thought he woulden't shut up. We said goodbye for the night and two weeks later i went back to his apt. and he was gone. I asked where did he go to a tennant who happened to be getting out of their apt. a few doors down. She replied that he and his brother moved out. I said that i didn't know he had a brother. She said that they moved out a few days ago. I asked do you know where they went, she said she had no idea. Funny thing, my ex-girlfriend didn't tell me he was moving,but when i asked her about it she said, i thought i told you. I don't think i will EVER run into a person like that again. Here is to TANK, wherever you are.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

7. Teaching Math in 2025

A former logger sells pot from his shack for $100. The cost of his production, well, its not important dude, the Chinese robots take care of everything .... but ... ok youre just gonna it another stupid pothead story but it's real i swear .... I think I saw the robots taking away ALL the trees at night....
edit on 21-8-2014 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

originally posted by: Expat888

Good to see him encouraged and amazing what he has accomplished thus far .. also well done to his parents for the encouragement and support they give him and his brother.

Two genius children...I would like to know what water those parents were drinking.

Some of these people are so gifted, like the guy on the movie rainman. Tho he had problems. Some people don't have these problems and is so amazing. I too would like to know what kind of water they were drinking or whatever. It just the way they were made when everything upstairs works perfectly and all we can do is sit back and ahhh, wow.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: mbkennel

7. Teaching Math in 2025

A former logger sells pot from his shack for $100. The cost of his production, well, its not important dude, the Chinese robots take care of everything .... but ... ok youre just gonna it another stupid pothead story but it's real i swear .... I think I saw the robots taking away ALL the trees at night....

Plant a tree and be happy. Plant several trees and watch em grow. Your childrens children will have a shade tree to plant memories underneath it and those trees will give out plenty of oxygen for your children to grow up and build robots that plant trees.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: lindalinda
I'm glad I wasn't the only person to think about whether he was risking his health being so cavalier with all that radioactive stuff.

Many of the women who painted radium on the kind of pottery he was showing ended up with cancer, especially in the lip and mouth area because they would wet their paintbrushes with their lips.

a reply to: Nochzwei

Oh it has really happened there. I was not aware of that.
Plus these cutting edge devices do give out unknown radiation, that even the MS is not aware of.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'd be impressed..... if the horse had not already bolted... but then the US invented cars?.... nope...

Fusion Reactors are already reality and in the process of construction. Plus a 13 year old British boy already did it last year on a table top... but don't let that put you off aye?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately these type of ideas never seem to make it to the betterment of mankind. Do you think the utility industry is going to set there and watch their cash cow go down the drain? This idea is much like the idea that Tom Ogle came up with that would make it possible for cars and trucks to get upwards of 150 mpg. Shell oil offered to buy the patent for 25 million dollars. Tom Ogle refused and was later found dead under mysterious circumstances.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If I was smart enough to build something like that I would keep it a secret and take it right to market.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join