It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Do not resist or sell a ticket to a cop.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Thefarmer

Where are you from? A hillbilly town. All I said was to be civil tough guy.

Come with that lip in my town you won’t last long.

Bristol pal uk no hillbilly here

There's being civil and then there's bowing down and letting someone walk all over you because he/she is in a uniform

If I was being harassed there is no way I would be being civil

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I bet what you like and what is right are pretty much the same thing.

" Evil prevails when good men fail to act"? Don't you believe that crap.
In this world,
Evil Prevails. Doesn't mean you have to take part in it.

edit on Rpm81714v032014u35 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

I think you have an agenda and your pushing hard on this thread. Check the new info on the audio that seems to indicated he charged the office and it took 8 shoots to drop him. The autopsy is going to show he was doped up on something. That would be consistent with his aggressive behavior in the store and with the cop. If you would have kept an open mind your agenda would be different. Can you get that?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Check the latest breaking facts from the audio at the time of the shooting. Brown charged the cop after to told him to freeze he then turned and bull rushed the cop and it took 8 shots to drop him. what does that suggest to you. If you don't know look it up. The autopsy/ blood test will show some telling facts. I am not here to defend the police. I have has some bad experiences myself. But this uproar over a criminal while portraying him as an innocent victim of police abuse is just the best excuse the hoodies have had in a while for looting. They don't give a crap about Brown.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bladerunner44

Sources go great with claims like the ones your making.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   

It's on a video taken by a witness. Not claims facts. You have serious issues with authority. Given your avatar I'll bet you desperately wanted be a cop but they did a psychological profile on you and wouldn't let you near a water pistol let alone a gun.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

My agenda is to educate and remind people on how not to have an experience like what happened in Ferguson.

This thread isn’t really about that case.

I am fine with letting the investigation determine the facts.

edit on 17-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Thefarmer

I don’t understand why people can’t read the op.

I DIDN’T SAY BOW DOWN.

Where is your mind at?
READ!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Nice personal attack, very classy.
I don't have an issue with authority,I have an issue with the misuse of it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I agree with the OP. Know your rights, keep them in mind, but by all means be respectful and comply. That's not to say I haven't seen individuals get away with mouthing off to the police or strongly reminding an officer of their rights. By and large however, such is not the norm. Unless you know the law enforcement officer involved in any given encounter, and sometimes even if you and he or she go way back, complying with their instructions or demands in a timely fashion can go a very long way toward maintaining a non violent posture and response from law enforcement.

Once an interaction with the police has escalated beyond "polite" banter and/or forking over your ID, there's usually no going back without handcuffs and bail. Me, I'd rather get my "walking papers" at the end of every encounter with police as opposed to taken into custody. Bravado is fine, be as resistant and tough and disagreeable as you like in thought but wait to express your anger or hatred of the state until after the officer has pulled away. Unless you're a botanist or a Greenpeace type, whatever, kicking a tree works well for that purpose (do so at your own risk, broken toes may result).

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Mr Mask

Absolutely not, every incident has it's own story.

People listening to you will end up dead. Their ego intact but dead.

You see any cop who abuses me will see me another day when I have the advantage

Whereas you with all your pride and tough guy ego will end up in the morgue, your wife a widow and your kids crying at your funeral!

1) Listening to me will get you killed? No. Listening to me will get you a lawsuit that you will win and help promote change.

2) Cops will pay when "you" finally have the upper hand, but will remain unscathed or unchallenged until you do? Typical talk of victims who give up. "I will get you one day...one day..."

3) Tuff guy ego? No. American with a damn fine lawyer and rights.

4) Lastly. Your advice leads to losing control of your life in the face of fear. I would rather be dead than live life how you advise. Lucky for me, I already have the upper hand and don't have to wait to challenge "public servants" when they cross the line.

To go around advising people to fear police and remain silent when abused by them so your "kids and wives don't cry at your funeral" implies that you think there is a high chance of being killed by police.

There is an almost zero chance of you being killed by a cop if you are innocent. There is an almost zero chance of being killed by a cop if you are guilty. There is an almost zero chance of being killed by a cop.

AND most cops are not animals...and MOST men should not be silent cowards.

MM

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

With all due respect, I don’t mean any harm but imo, your advice is naïve, and worst DANGEROUS.

Let me illustrate the dangerousness of your advice.

You must think you are either a real tough guy or a real witty person who can talk to a cop real tough. Good for you. But everybody isn’t like that.

You may be all of that…fine... and never will a cop lay his hands on you because you are real tough and smart.

But what about the little guy or the idiot who isn’t big and tough like you or as smart as you?

And he goes out because he listened to you and insults the wrong cop.

Remember he isn’t a tough like you: the same cop who might listen to you won’t feel the same about him because he’s small or stupid

And the cop breaks his neck or blows him away.

You see my point?

1) I have not once said "insult a cop". In fact, you should be arrested for intentionally harassing any officer.

2) The advice I give is perfectly fine for all Americans. Stand against abuse and do not lower yourself to a victim becuase you fear police.

MOST IMPORTANTLY- You will find most police are not killers and will back down to anyone speaking clearly and with knowledge when rights are being disregarded.

Got that? No tough guy needed. MOST police show "fear" and back down when you expose what rights are being broken and why you have the legal right to speak up. Instead of showing fear so they go away, try not being a criminal and defending your rights legally.

If that fails...sue.

In other words- educating yourself and challenging illegal or wrong treatment (proudly within the law) is always the best path.

And much better (and safer) than laying low and reducing yourself to cattle.

AND it just may help save this country by changing the path it is on. A path that is producing uneducated slaves who grovel and beg for their abusers to leave them alone with silent eyes.

Screw that.

MM

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Mask may be drinking for all we know? People can see the solid advice
or they can't, you've done your part and carried yourself well.
SnF

I don't drink.

And I don't find his advice solid.

In fact, I see a populace around me taking his advice and it is ruining the country I am in.

Well that, and all the other stupid things most typical Americans are choosing to do/ignore/worship/fear.

MM

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

You know I was kidding with the drinking thing tho, right!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

The first thing a REAL CRIMAL learns as well street wise people is the title of this op.

That’s why most of these incidents hardly EVER involve a real criminal...
They know better than get a cop angry…

The slang term some may not know” selling a ticket” means to verbally abuse someone.

I know from experience that the best way to deal with cops is utmost respect and obedience in any confrontation with them.

This is true for one reason: It will keep you alive and safe! Forget your ego in any police dealing...

There was a time in my life when literally every time I left my home in no more than 5 or ten minutes the police would roust me.

Pull over

Get in the car

What are you doing?
Etc.,

I never once complained and never once did any cop abuse me. After the time spent with them I just went along my business…

I know this is hard for some but believe me it works

Cops like any humans don’t like resistance to their authority

It always makes them angry, and as human beings they might be tempted to then retaliate when all you did was mouth some resistance to them.

So I implore people here, particularly the young, to live by the OP title because believe me it may save your life!

This incident in Ferguson is probably all about those young guys selling that cop a ticket.

Brown was feeling his cheerios after strong arming that guy over those cigars

Of course this is only speculation but I doubt the cop just fired on him for nothing.

Of course the cop has no justification for what he did even if the guys abused him verbally or resisted him but this is about survival…you could sue the cop later

Sounds like your chains are resting lightly upon your body. To begin with a cop cannot pull you over just for a fishing exposition. If they ask to search your car just say no not without a warrant. Cops have no problems breaking the very laws that they are suppose to uphold that would get you or I traffic ticket if we did the same BS I’ve seen cops in squad cars do.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

Nobody said to kiss a cops butt.

My op is for to save peoples lives and keep them from having an experience like Brown in Ferguson.

They teach young black men to be respectful and obey LEGAL orders of cops because of the incidents so often occurring like Brown in Ferguson.

You’re reading the op through your tough guy ego. Which wouldn’t last ten minutes where I come from.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

No I am looking at this abuse through the eyes of the constitution. As long as you let them get away with illegal searches and pull over’s they will continue to do it. Police are merely revenue generators for the city, county, and state.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Selling a ticket.. that's like letting your mouth write a check your ass can't cash?
I agree with the op on this one..
I ALWAYS treat officers with respect.. even the bible says they don't carry the sword for nothing..

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: guitarplayer

This is the last time I am going to explain something that if people read the op they wouldn’t write what you have written. Even though I am sure people will continue to distort what I wrote.

The Op doesn’t say kiss cops butts. Or let them get away with anything one way or the other.

Its about street SURVIVAL not constitutional law!

Or let them abuse you

The op merely advises that when you deal with a cop, traffic stop or whatever, don’t get smart or arrogant or abusive WITH THE COP.

Just be respectful and answer his or her questions without giving them any lip or abuse.

MY OP DOES NOT DEAL WITH HOW TO RESPOND TO AN ABUSIVE COP ONE WAY OR ANOTHER

THAT DEPENDS ON THE CIRCUMSTANCES OF THE INCIDENT AND PEOPLES INDIVIDUAL CHARACTER AND PERSONALITY

I don’t have to tell you tough guys about real life.

My brother getting hit on the head with a phone book in a NYC precinct for giving lip

They do that so it doesn’t leave marks on your head or face.

Or my friend getting beat down in New Orleans for giving lip and spending days in the slammer and almost got murdered

All these cops were dirty but its real life here not an debate on the constitution

All stuff avoidable

Granted some cops will kick your ass on gp, its rare but it can happens, then just use your wit to get out of the mess and then sue the balls off the cop or put in a complaint

edit on 20-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join