It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning: Do not resist or sell a ticket to a cop.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   
The first thing a REAL CRIMAL learns as well street wise people is the title of this op.

That’s why most of these incidents hardly EVER involve a real criminal...
They know better than get a cop angry…

The slang term some may not know” selling a ticket” means to verbally abuse someone.

I know from experience that the best way to deal with cops is utmost respect and obedience in any confrontation with them.

This is true for one reason: It will keep you alive and safe! Forget your ego in any police dealing...

There was a time in my life when literally every time I left my home in no more than 5 or ten minutes the police would roust me.

Pull over

Get in the car

What are you doing?
Etc.,

I never once complained and never once did any cop abuse me. After the time spent with them I just went along my business…

I know this is hard for some but believe me it works

Cops like any humans don’t like resistance to their authority

It always makes them angry, and as human beings they might be tempted to then retaliate when all you did was mouth some resistance to them.

So I implore people here, particularly the young, to live by the OP title because believe me it may save your life!

This incident in Ferguson is probably all about those young guys selling that cop a ticket.

Brown was feeling his cheerios after strong arming that guy over those cigars

Of course this is only speculation but I doubt the cop just fired on him for nothing.

Of course the cop has no justification for what he did even if the guys abused him verbally or resisted him but this is about survival…you could sue the cop later

edit on 17-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

The cop had no justification????? Indeed, were you in the patrol car??? Did the perp think the cop was on to him after the robbery and tried to get his gun? Explain the shot in the patrol car. Do you think cops are in the habit of shooting their gun inside the car? You don't have the full story yet and the perps accomplice is lying because he could get a murder charge as an accessory to murder based on the robbery. Ever think about any of that Will. I'll bet not

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: bladerunner44

So of course the cops can't be lying about what happened for the very same reason, he doesn't want to catch a murder charge for killing a man that was not a threat to his life.
It is a two way street if you are going to start saying that people are lying for CYA purposes.

Watch the video, DJ places the cigars back onto the counter, he was not an accomplice. He would of been charged at this point if he was.
I agree tho that his testimony is biased, so is the cops tho. So how about the other witnesses that have no interest in either party?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Yes... be a good slave, obey the law and nothing bad will happen.

I tend to agree that escalating a situation with a person of the law isn't the best idea, but what of those in law enforcement that abuse their power willingly?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Amen! I get so tired of the cop haters on here who think they know EXACTLY how things went down. It's amazing how the presumption of innocence is not applied to the LEO, but is applied to the thug who stole cigars. I'm stunned at the lack of critical thinking some people exhibit.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

But surely the whole point is that the Police do NOT have authority over the citizen?

Because the Police don't. The LAW has authority, and the Police are empowered to enforce and uphold the law, which is the authority.

The moment citizens cow-tow to the Police and treat them with respect in situations where they are not deserving of that respect, because they are attempting to use power over the citizenry that doesn't go with the job of law enforcement, only serves to encourage yet more outrageous behaviour by Police who think they are the law, when they are just there to enforce it.

Respect is a two way street...as public servants the Police has a greater duty to show respect for those they work for, the citizenry, if that respect is lacking, then none should be afforded to those Police that are abusing their positions.

That is how it SHOULD be...but you're right, in today's real world of hair trigger Police, it would probably be personally safer to butter the buggers up rather than rub them up the wrong way.

On a societal level though, it's probably the worst thing the public can do...it will invite further abuses.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well genius explain the bullet hole in the police car and the contusions on the clerk in the store. Lets wait for the evidence. Even crazy cops don't shoot a guy 8 times for walking away from the car. There is a lot of law enforcement abuse out there, when the facts are in this won't be considered an extreme case.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Lol you carry on and be a good dog and obey you're master

Bow down to power tripping cops

One of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

The cop had no justification????? Indeed, were you in the patrol car???

Fair enough question but the same could be asked of you. Where you in the patrol car?

Did the perp think the cop was on to him after the robbery and tried to get his gun?

The police officer did not stop Brown because of the strong arm. Brown and his companion were stopped because they were "in the street."

Police Chief Thomas Jackson said the officer did not know the teen was a robbery suspect at the time of the shooting and stopped Michael Brown and a companion “because they were walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic.”

Ferguson police: Cop shot teen, unaware he was robbery suspect

Jackson said at an afternoon press conference that Brown and his friend were stopped Saturday "because they were walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic."

Ferguson police say Michael Brown fit description of strong-arm robbery suspect

Explain the shot in the patrol car. Do you think cops are in the habit of shooting their gun inside the car?

Fair question. It's hard to explain that one, that's why the investigation will be so important. It will be interesting to see the conclusions both sides of the investigation reach.

You don't have the full story yet and the perps accomplice is lying because he could get a murder charge as an accessory to murder based on the robbery. Ever think about any of that Will. I'll bet not

The police have cleared Johnson and have said he wasn't involved in the strong arm, so he wouldn't get a murder charge.

Dorian Johnson, the friend who was with Brown when he was shot and killed by a police officer over the weekend, reportedly confirmed that he and Brown had taken part in the theft of cigars from a convenience store that day.
But police have determined that Johnson was not involved in the robbery and will not seek charges against him, Jackson said.

Ferguson police say Michael Brown fit description of strong-arm robbery suspect

I have a hard time trusting the police with this one. Credibility was lost with the way the aftermath was handled.

It's like that old saying, you can catch more flies with sugar rather than vinegar. Unfortunately, the Brown shooting was probably escalated by "selling a ticket." It's sad.

Sometimes it's hard not to talk back, I've had to literally bite my tongue before.

edit on 17-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well, Im not really the type to just 'submit'. See, the way I see it and how I explain it to the officers is simple- Your bothering me and wasting both of our time. But, since youve got me here and are asking questions (none of which Im obligated to answer) Id like to ask you some questions too. I.e. your name and badge number, reason for our interaction, what you 'observed' and anything else I can think of. This all gets written down in MY notepad that I keep in my car. I know and assert my rights where needed while showing the officer that he is infringing on my day to day life and that I dont quite care for it.
I will not be bothered for petty crap by some inferiority geek. It may escalate tensions at times but never to a violent end. Basically, the majority now know that Im going to make a routine stop one hell of a hassle for them. So unless I call you, leave me the hell alone!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
uhmm...how many days does it take to write a police report?...wasn't that done the day of the incident?...and why hasn't it been released yet?...the longer it takes, the more I think they tore the original up, and are re-writing a newer version, or, it hasn't been written yet, and they are making sure it puts the officers actions in the best light.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Can you show this bullet hole in the car? Or is this word of mouth that your are saying is fact?
And I agree he committed a crime at the store, but not a crime worth dying for.
Shooting some one 8 times for walking away sounds exactly like what a crazy cop would do, it doesn't sound like what a level headed cop would do tho.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

how many days does it take to write a police report?...wasn't that done the day of the incident?

Exactly! Where is the official report of the events??
This report should have easily been done already...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx

Exactly! Why is it taking so long?!?

The longer the police department prolongs releasing information, the more it seems like they have something to hide.
edit on 17-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: spelling

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I love these threads because I can post this:

Always be polite. That cop may have had a bad day, and is looking for some excuse to beat someone down.

Talking to cop is a chess game. Play carefully, your life may depend on it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I was apprehended on a fifty thousand dollar warrent once.
Only once!

Deputy's name was Hoyt, he rolled up on me at the Seven Eleven.
My first time with him and I knew most of the other deputies. Never
a problem and they always felt comfortable roll'n up on Randy.
Long story short, this guy was way off from the guys I knew. He drew
on me and before he could say hit I was on the ground. So he radios
for back up. Gun pointed at the back of my head with foot on my back.
Stand'n in the middle of Seven Eleven bout 12:30 at night. Then he takes
his foot off the middle of my back. Nudges me in the side with the knife
of his shoe and say's get up? pause... He nudges me again and says get up
and run? I said without attempting to even look at him. I'm to tired officer
I'm fine right here. Then my back up got there. Deputy Coopersmith jumps
out of his car and says, " Hoyt why are you being mean to Randy? He never
gives us a problem".

My point is OP is dead on the money. Give just that one wrong cop a hard
time and you can find out in real time, just how fast they can turn your
whole world on it's ear. Go walk'n off and leave you that way laugh'n at you.
Those who disagree with the OP? Well then it's the school of really hard
knocks for you guys.

edit on Rpm81714v20201400000039 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

It does make sense that you just have to be nice for the cop to be nice to you, I get that and follow it.
But why do they get to have that power over you? That if you piss them off, they are going to ruin your whole day.
That if you say something wrong or do something wrong you are in jail and going thru some financial issues.
Is that really their job?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

What, are you afraid of commitment? You seem to be getting
there. But you're hung up on," Why do they get to?" No.1 they're
the biggest gang. MS 13, Crips, Bloods, Hells Angels, Vagos not even
The Mob, is as bad as they are. Think of it like that, I still have all my
teeth. Never had to play no stupid ass games either. It only requires
respect.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

But respect is earned not given. If you are going to call them a gang, which i agree with, then who can we shift the convo over to respect?
Gangs don't respect others, they only want you to subdue to them. And that is how I feel some cops act, if you don't subdue, then your going to be forced to. That is not their job.

You might be on to something tho with the commitment thing tho, old man seems to have the same issue

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Great experience…learning experience and great advice.

Believe me, my ONLY interest is seeing people safe from vicious cops.

Once your free of the cop if he did you wrong by all means go report him but while he or she has that power and those guns just be civil.

You don’t have to kiss their butts.

My home town is so bad it has a federal watchdog on them constantly.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join