It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This THE Most BIZARRE Wall in the WORLD?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Your title, the most bizzare wall in the world...
I disagree

That would fall to Saksaywaman wall

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Curiouser and curiouser. All three of those walls are interesting!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Great shout, I expected to find that wall actually when I opened the thread

Good looking out though James, unfortunately this specific walls seems to be from a quarry

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:47 AM
link   
The Romans were expert at mining techniques
Here's an extract from the history of mining.

The extraction work, mainly manual, was performed by a workforce largely made by convicts to forced labor, slaves and Christians. The first miners exploited the natural fissures of the rock, where fig wood wedges were inserted and inflated with water so that the natural expansion caused the detachment of the block.

For blocks of fixed size, usually of 2 meters thick, the Romans used the method of the "panel" practising in the selected block, a 15-20 cm deep cut in which were inserted metallic chisels. After a continuous pounding, the block was finally separated from the mountain.

SOURCE

Cody

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
That looks exactly like a modern rock quarry.

Can OP provide name of this alleged 'megalithic archaeological site'? Should be possible to look it up in the monuments records to check it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
That looks exactly like a modern rock quarry.

Can OP provide name of this alleged 'megalithic archaeological site'? Should be possible to look it up in the monuments records to check it.

Try reading the thread and you'll see that I've already provided that information.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sparta
a reply to: Spacespider

Great shout, I expected to find that wall actually when I opened the thread

Good looking out though James, unfortunately this specific walls seems to be from a quarry

Cheers
I was always taught that I won't learn anything unless I ask questions

Some you win, some you lose with this one though.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

That is kind of strange.

The 'wall' doesn't look so much a 'wall' as it does a quarry.

It appears this is what's left of a quarrying enterprise. Those cuts do indeed look as though they were made with heavy machinery, the flat surfaces have abundant evidence and marks strongly indicative of a circular saw type or similar quarrying tool.

These stones were certainly not carved out of the rock by hand tools, that's for sure.

BUT...while the rock and probably the quarry itself are ancient, the cuts and worked faces look very modern.

It's possible that if more information about that site is revealed, that we'll find out the rock have been quarried fairly recently, using modern tooling and machinery.

If not...there's only one answer to account for those marks and slots cut into the solid rock...ancient people had technology far in advance of what we give them credit for.

Which brings up interesting questions about that technology and when it was developed, by whom and why did it become forgotten only to be rediscovered in relatively modern times?

Either way, it's an interesting site (and sight)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I'm going to have to go along with Phage on this one. The cuts could have been made almost any time. Maybe the top was already removed, and something happened to the people who cut them out so they couldn't get the rest of the block.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

so they lined up the blocks so that the cuts would line up from one bblock to the ones below it? I don't know man. it looks like one solid piece with cuts and grooves. like someone took a saw and cut blocks from it and what remains are the cuts that went deeper than the pieces they cut off.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It was aliens.
Are you satisfied with my answer?
It is always aliens when you don't understand something ancient.
Either that or the Illiminati/NWO made those lines because they represent the intersection of time and space and they love symbolism and showing their plans to the world in code. It's funner that way.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Looks like someone without much experience in quarrying found an old quarry and took stone out to build his barn or house. Probably during the war.

edit on 17/8/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I agree your solution is better than mind, well done!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: JamesTB

originally posted by: Phage
www.tuscany-villas.com...

A marble quarry? That's doesn't explain the cuts.

Actually, (and I haven't read the rest of the thread yet) but it does explain the cuts. As soon as I saw the images I thought that it looked like a quarry.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I was always taught that I won't learn anything unless I ask questions

Yes, there is some truth to that, but why can't you do your own research and then present it in a well-constructed thread rather than just pose mindless questions and images in what appears to be a star-catching exercise for the numb?
You obviously have access to the internet, so that, in itself, can be an excellent research tool, if employed correctly. Google Scholar is better than wikipedia.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: Phage
www.tuscany-villas.com...

A marble quarry? That's doesn't explain the cuts.

Actually, (and I haven't read the rest of the thread yet) but it does explain the cuts. As soon as I saw the images I thought that it looked like a quarry.

I challenge you to find a photo of a quarry with similar cuts to this wall.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I challenge you to find a report about this wall and its site, images are nice but un-iformative, but a report would answer our question on what type of quarry this was and when it was last used.
edit on 18/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

I challenge you to find a report about this wall and its site, images are nice but un-iformative, but a report would answer our question on what type of quarry this was and when it was last used.

I've been searching but I neither speak or read in Italian so how can I manage this?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

I've been searching but I neither speak or read in Italian so how can I manage this?

Find copies online of the Italian language papers, read the authors names, find the University or foundation they are associated with, then email them in English and ask if a translation was made or if they have an electronic copy that you can translate on line and you can also send them the image and ask what they know about said specific site.

Simples

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
So... what am I seeing here that is supposed to be mysterious or interesting?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join